From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Orestes was a figure in Greek mythology.
Orestes or Orestis may also refer to:
- Orestes (play), a tragedy by Euripides
- A character in the tragedy Electra (Sophocles)
- A character in Aeschylus' trilogy of tragedies Oresteia
- Orestes, Indiana, United States, a town
- Orestis (region), in Upper Macedonia
- Mount Orestes, Victoria Land, Antarctica
- Orestes Valley, Victoria Land, Antarctica
- Orestes Glacier, Victoria Land, Antarctica
- 13475 Orestes, an asteroid sharing the planet Jupiter's orbit
- HMS Orestes, various British Royal Navy ships
- USS Orestes (AGP-10), a United States Navy motor torpedo boat tender
- Orestes (given name), and persons with the name Orestes, Orestis, Oreste or Orest
- A song by A Perfect Circle on Mer de Noms
- Lucius Aurelius Orestes (consul 157 BC), a magistrate and consul of the Roman Republic
- Orestes (prefect), prefect of Alexandria during the 4th century CE
- Oreste, an opera by George Frideric Handel
- Horestes, a morality play by John Pickering
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.