One of the original interactive agencies, Organic was founded by Jonathan Nelson, Brian Behlendorf, Cliff Skolnick and Matthew Nelson in 1993.
The firm developed the software product that became the web analytics company Accrue. It created the first banner ad which ran on HotWired, many of the first ecommerce sites, the first mobile ad, and the first branded YouTube channel.
The firm completed an initial public offering in February 2000, but like many dot-com companies, was adversely affected when the Dot-com bubble burst and drastically reduced its size. It was re-privatized in 2001, and in 2003, became a wholly owned subsidiary of advertising holding company Omnicom Group.
Marketing Intelligence 
Notable Work 
Among its notable work was their launch, in the spring of 2010, of the “Break the Cycle” campaign, a CPG launch for the "U by Kotex" brand built around social media.
The firm also did work with The Meth Project. The campaign included TV, radio, out-of-home, social and digital components, including a immersive online experience at www.MethProject.org in an effort to counter meth addiction.
Current Clients 
Hilton Worldwide, Procter & Gamble, Intel, Kimberly-Clark, Specialized Bicycle Components, The Meth Project, The Hartford, Visa Inc., Walmart, Nike, Inc., The British Library, Hasbro, The J.M. Smucker Co., Pepsi, Constellation Wines, BBC
Organic won advertising awards for the U by Kotex campaign in 2010-2011, including three Effies, two ARF Ogilvy awards (including a Grand Ogilvy in Research Innovation), a Forrester Research Groundswell award and more.
- Bayers, Chip. "The Original Internet Adman", AdWeek, 2011-07-12. Retrieved on 1-17-12.
- Koffey, Nicole. "Organic (OGNC) to Open Strong", Forbes, 2000-02-02. Retrieved on 2009-07-03.
- Mack, Ann M. "Omnicom Confirms Organic Purchase", AdWeek, 2003-03-03. Retrieved on 2009-07-03.
- Steel, Emily. "Modeling Tools Stretch Ad Dollars", Wall Street Journal, 2009-5-18. Retrieved 1-17-2012.
- Schwartz, Evan. "A New Model for Predicting Social-Media Impact", MIT Technology Review, Published by MIT, 2010-10-20. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.
- O’Leary, Noreen. "Media All-Star: Steve Kerho", AdWeek, 2011-11-19. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.
- Klaassen, Abbey. "Interactive Agency Organic Predicts Chrysler Sales With Media-Mix ROI Model", Ad Age, 2009-3-23. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.
- Neff, Jack. "Comparative Claims Resurface in Tampon Wars", AdAge, 2011-7-25. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.
- Nudd, Tim. "Darren Aronofsky Revisits the Horrors of Addiction in Anti-Meth PSAs", Adweek, 2011-11-8. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.
- Company Website: http://www.organic.com/default.aspx
- Company Blog: 
- Organic SVP, Steve Kerho, Fast Company Blog: