The Original P is an American funk band formed in 1998 by four founding members of Parliament-Funkadelic, Fuzzy Haskins, Calvin Simon, Ray Davis and Grady Thomas. All four have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Band members include: Ben Powers Jr., drums; Gene Thomas (son of Grady Thomas), guitar; Derrick Davis (son of Ray Davis), bass; John "Fly" Wiley, keyboards; Sharla L. Patrick, keyboards; Sonja Holmes, vocals; Patrice "Emerald" Llewellen, vocals; Scott "Skyntyte" Free, guitar/vocals, Theophilis "Chip" Glass, vocals, Michael "Mike P." Patterson, guitar/vocals, Kenyon Ross, Keyboards/vocals. Former Members: William Mims, guitar; Kevin Shider, brother of Parliament-Funkadelic member Garry Shider, guitar; Paisley Gordon, guitar, Rose Offord, vocals; "Peter Keys" Pisarczyk, keyboards, Ann Love, vocals.
- Connections & Disconnections released under the name Funkadelic (LAX Records, 1980)
- What Dat Shakin (Westbound Records, 1998)
- Hyped Up Westbound Soljaz (Westbound Records, 2001)
- Kent Kimes (May 21, 1999), Original P Keeps Funky Beat Going, The Augusta Chronicle.
- Jon Pareles (April 9, 1999) Pop and Jazz Guide, The New York Times.
- Steven Uhles (September 14, 2001), Parliament in Session, The Augusta Chronicle.
|This article on a R&B or Soul Music group or collective is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|