|Full name||Oriol Rosell Argerich|
|Date of birth||7 July 1992|
|Place of birth||Puig-reig, Spain|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2012–2014||Sporting Kansas City||43||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Oriol Rosell Argerich (Catalan pronunciation: [ˈuɾi ruˈzeʎ]; born 7 July 1992) is a Spanish footballer who plays for Sporting Clube de Portugal as a defensive midfielder. He also represents the Catalonia national team.
Born in Puig-reig, Barcelona, Catalonia, Rosell joined FC Barcelona's youth system in 2006, aged 14. He made his senior debuts on 14 January 2012, playing seven minutes in a 1–3 away loss against UD Las Palmas in Segunda División and appearing in a further five league games during the season.
Rosell signed with Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer in August 2012, being given the number 20 and wearing "Uri" as his jersey name. He thus became the second player to graduate from Barcelona's La Masia and play in the MLS, after Albert Celades.
In December 2013, Rosell was called up by the unofficial Catalonia national team for its upcoming friendly match against Cape Verde at the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys in Barcelona on the 30th. He entered the pitch as a 68th-minute substitute for Real Valladolid's Marc Valiente, and lined up with Barcelona players Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Cesc Fàbregas and Gerard Piqué as the side came from behind to win it 4–1.
- Sporting Kansas City
- As of 28 May 2014
|Club||Season||League||Copa del Rey||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|Club||Season||League||Open Cup||MLS Cup||North America||Total|
|Sporting Kansas City|
Rosell publicly supported Catalan independence on several occasions, saying that he would refuse to play for Spain if requested. He added that he would vote "Yes-Yes" in the Catalan self-determination referendum.
- "El Barça B no aconsegueix imposar-se al Las Palmas (3–1)" [Barça B could not defeat Las Palmas (3–1)] (in Catalan). FC Barcelona. 14 January 2012. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Barcelona B midfielder Oriol Rosell signs with KC". Yahoo! Sports. 2 August 2012. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- "Oriol Rosell has arrived". Sporting Kansas City. 3 August 2012. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- "Sporting KC beats Toronto FC 2–1 on late goal". The Kansas City Star. 1 September 2012. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- "Sporting Kansas City agrees to transfer Oriol Rosell to Sporting CP in Lisbon, Portugal". Sporting Kansas City. 3 June 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Lalas, Greg (24 December 2013). "Sporting KC's Oriol Rosell called up by Catalonia for friendly in Barcelona". Major League Soccer. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Sporting KC's Oriol Rosell makes international debut for Catalonia in friendly vs. Cape Verde". Major League Soccer. 30 December 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Catalonia – Cape Verde: Catalonia claim victory with eight FC Barcelona players (4–1)". FC Barcelona. 30 December 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Oriol Rosell". Soccerway. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Oriol Rosell: 'Diria que no a la selecció espanyola'" [Oriol Rosell: 'I would say no to the Spanish national team'] (in Catalan). Vilaweb. 24 December 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2013.