Map of Bataan showing the location of Orion
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|Legislative district||2nd District of Bataan|
|• Mayor||Jose Enrique S. Santos (PDSP)|
|• Vice Mayor||Virgilio B. Isidro (National Unity)|
|• Total||65.41 km2 (25.25 sq mi)|
|• Density||790/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||2nd class|
Orion is accessible via the Bataan Provincial Expressway, off Exit 40.
- Arellano (Pob.)
- Bagumbayan (Pob.)
- Balagtas (Pob.)
- Balut (Pob.)
- Daang Bago (Pob.)
- Daang Bilolo (Pob.)
- Daang Pare
- General Lim (Kaput)
- Lati (Pob.)
- Lusungan (Pob.)
- Putting Buhangin
- San Vicente (Pob.)
- Sto. Domingo
- Sta. Elena
- Villa Angeles (Pob.)
- Wakas (Pob.)
- Wawa (Pob.)
|Population census of Orion|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Orion celebrates the feast of Saint Michael every 8th day of May. May balikbayans come to join in the festivities. Majority of its residents are OFWs in the United States, Japan, Europe, Australia, Canada and the Middle East.
Notable people from Orion
- Francisco Baltazar - known much more widely through his nom-de-plume Francisco Balagtas, was a prominent Filipino poet. The famous epic, Florante at Laura, is regarded as his defining work.
- Kerby Reymundo - Philippine Basketball Association player where he plays power forward and team leader to Purefoods TJ Giants and is currently a member of Team Pilipinas National Basketball Team.
- Janine Tugonon - is a Filipina beauty titleholder who placed first runner-up in the Miss Universe 2012 pageant. She placed first runner up in the Binibining Pilipinas 2011, but won in Binibining Pilipinas 2012, and became the representative of the Philippines in Miss Universe 2012 and placed first runner-up behind Miss USA, Olivia Culpo.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "Province: BATAAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Orion, Bataan.|