Orion Township, Fulton County, Illinois
Location in Fulton County
Fulton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.83 sq mi (95.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.47 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.36 sq mi (0.9 km2) 0.98%|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||32.8/sq mi (12.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61520, 61533|
|GNIS feature ID||0429504|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.83 square miles (95.4 km2), of which 36.47 square miles (94.5 km2) (or 99.02%) is land and 0.36 square miles (0.93 km2) (or 0.98%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Breeds, Orendorff, Red School and Wolf.
- Canton Union School District 66
- Farmington Central Community Unit School District 265
- Illini Bluffs Community Unit School District 327
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 91
- State Senate District 46
- "Orion Township, Fulton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Farmington Township||Trivoli Township, Peoria County||Logan Township, Peoria County|
|Canton Township||Timber Township, Peoria County|
|Buckheart Township||Banner Township|