|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Emblem of the Odisha Police|
|Motto||We Protect. We Care|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||State of Odisha, IN|
|Map of Odisha Police Department's jurisdiction|
|Governing body||Government of Odisha|
|Agency executive||Sanjeev Marik, IPS, Director General of Police, Odisha State|
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
Odisha Police is the law enforcement agency for the state of Odisha in India. It is headquartered in the erstwhile Capital of Odisha, Cuttack. The Odisha police is headed by a Director General of Police Prakash Mishra and falls under the purview of the state Home Department under Government of Odisha.
The Odisha Police has ten Police Ranges including a Railways Range and a Technical Range at Cuttack. The Ranges: The Central Range at Cuttack includes districts of Cuttack, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Puri, Nayagarh, and Khurda. The Northern Range at Sambalpur includes districts of Sambalpur, Bargarh, Bolangir, Sonepur, and Jharsuguda. The Eastern Range at Balasore includes districts of Balasore, Mayurbhanj, and Bhadrak. The Western Range at Rourkela includes districts of Sundargarh, and Keonjhar. The Southern Range at Berhampur includes districts of Ganjam, Gajapati, and Kandhamal. North Central Range at Talcher includes districts of Dhenkanal, Angul, and Deogarh. The South Western Range at Koraput includes districts of Nuapada, Koraput, Nabarangpur, Rayapada, Malkangiri, and Kalahandi. The Bhubaneswar–Cuttack Police Commissionerate at Bhubaneswar controls the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack. The Railway Range is used for the Indian Railways and The Technical Range at Cuttack is used for the Police Transportation Services.
Odisha Police Ranks
The Odisha Police maintains the following ranks:
- Director General of Police
- Additional Director General of Police
- Inspector General of Police
- Deputy Inspector General of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Additional Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Police Inspector
- Assistant Police Inspector
- Police Sub Inspector
- Assistant Police Sub Inspector
- Head Constable
- Lance Naik
- Police Constable
- "Sanjeev Marik new Odisha police chief". Buseness Standard. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "List Of Police Stations (Thana) In Orissa - Orissa Police". indiamapped.com. 2012. Retrieved 3 July 2012. "Headquarters of Orissa police is located in Cuttack"