|Full name||Orlando Smeekes|
|Date of birth||28 December 1981|
|Place of birth||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2007–2008||Go Ahead Eagles||23||(5)|
|2009–2011||FC Carl Zeiss Jena||65||(20)|
|2011–2012||SV Wehen Wiesbaden||14||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 November 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
On 10 September 2008 Smeekes left Go Ahead Eagles and moved to German 3. Fußball-Liga club Stuttgarter Kickers. After the relegation of the Kickers he signed with FC Carl Zeiss Jena on 26 June 2009. In July 2010 joined for a trial week at Coventry City F.C., which did not result in a full-time contract. He had further trials at Charlton Athletic F.C. with similar success. On 21 March 2011 he signed a contract with SV Wehen Wiesbaden and joined the club on 30 June 2011. He joined South African club Maritzburg United on 26 June 2012.
Smeekes was involved in an incident that resulted in the murder of a popular local man, Jake Smith, after an argument at a Kentucky Fried Chicken in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. Allegations that Smeekes continued to assault Smith after he was stabbed persist, going against Smeekes claim that he tried to help Smith. Smeeke's remains a person of interest in the case as of 13 July 2014, and has been barred from leaving the country while the investigation takes place.
- "Smeekes unterschreibt – endlich". kicker (in German). 26 June 2009. Retrieved 26 June 2009.
- Reimann unterschreibt Vertrag bei FC Carl Zeiss Jena
- Wiesbadenaktuell: Orlando Smeekes wechselt zum SV Wehen Wiesbaden
- "Buckley, Yende join Maritzburg". 26 June 2012.
- "Trip to takeaways ends in death". IOL. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- Orlando Smeekes at National-Football-Teams.com
- Orlando Smeekes – FIFA competition record
- Profile at VI (Dutch)
- Orlando Smeekes at fussballdaten.de (German)
|This biographical article related to association football in the former Netherlands Antilles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|