Orleans Park School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Headteacher||Ms E Ball|
|DfE URN||138651 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
Orleans Park School is a coeducational secondary school with academy status, located in Twickenham area of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, England. It is situated 10 miles south-west of central London.
Location and history
Orleans Park teaches pupils in years 7–11 (ages 11–16), with 8 tutor groups in each school year. From 2014 onwards it will have a Sixth Form. The school gained the status of a Mathematics and Computing College in September 2003, then also became a Language College in September 2008. The school converted to academy status on 1 September 2012.
Many pupils at Orleans Park come from the following nearby primary schools: St. Stephen's School, Archdeacon Cambridge's School, St. Mary's School, Chase Bridge Primary School, Worple Primary School, Stanley Junior School, Ivybridge school and Trafalgar Junior School.
Notable former pupils
- Anabel Barnston (actress best known for Coming of Age)
- DJ Blakey (DJ)
- Karle Carder-Andrews (former Brentford F.C. footballer)
- Benjamin Cook (journalist and writer)
- Greg Davies [as a teacher] (comedian and actor who previously taught drama at the school. Best known for his role as 'Mr Gilbert' in The Inbetweeners)
- Thomas Langley
- Nana Dontoh - Professional Rugby Player (Bath, Richmond, London Irish & Swansea)
- Edd Gould (Creator of the web series Eddsworld)
- Josh Herdman (actor best known for playing Gregory Goyle in the Harry Potter films
- Jesse Kewley-Graham (professional footballer currently playing for Wycombe Wanderers)
- Edward Larrikin (musician)
- Ross Montague (former Brentford F.C. footballer)
- Tavi Murray (glaciologist)
- Albert Middleton-Ewin - (Producer/DJ) for Record Label Glory Boyz
- Abdul Osman (professional footballer currently playing for Crewe Alexandra F.C.)
- Scott Overall Olympic Marathon runner
- Bronte Schwier Ceramic Designer (Central Saint Martins)
- Rufus Sewell (film, theatre and television actor)
- Ollie Teeba (Oliver Trattles)(DJ/musician, producer and co-founder of The Herbaliser)
- "Orleans House". The Twickenham Museum. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Orleans Park | About". Orleans Park School. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Welcome from the Head of Sixth Form". School Website. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Bishop, Rachel (31 March 2012). "Marathon man returns to Orleans Park school". Local Guardian.