Orrin H. Ingram II
|Orrin H. Ingram II|
|Born||July 5, 1960|
|Spouse(s)||Lee Ann Ingram|
|Children||Orrin H. Hank Ingram III
Aaron Forest Barrett
|Parent(s)||E. Bronson Ingram II
Martha R. Ingram
Orrin H. Ingram II (born 1960) is an American businessman, heir and polo player. He is the Chief Executive Officer of Ingram Industries, comprising Ingram Marine Group and Ingram Content Group. He is also Chairman of Ingram Barge Company.
Orrin H. Ingram II was born on July 5, 1960. His late father was E. Bronson Ingram II and his mother is Martha R. Ingram. His brothers are David B. Ingram, CEO of Ingram Entertainment, and John R. Ingram, CEO of Ingram Book Group. His sister is Robin Ingram Patton. He received a B.A. from Vanderbilt University in 1982.
He started his career at Ingram Materials Company and Ingram Barge Company. He has been the President of Ingram Industries since 1996, and its CEO since 1999. He sits on the Boards of eSkye Solutions, Ingram Micro, Ingram Barge Company, SunTrust Banks, Coca-Cola Enterprises, The Krystal Company, FirstBank[disambiguation needed], and the United States Chamber of Commerce. He has served on the Strategic Advisory Boards of SunCom and Tennessee Valley Ventures. In July 2011, he sold Ingram Materials Company to Pine Bluff Sand. He has sat on the Boards of the United States Chamber of Commerce and the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce.
He is a former Chairman of the United States Polo Association and the Polo Training Foundation, where he still serves as an Honorary Director. He is a member of the Nashville Polo Club. In 1996, he played on the American team in South Africa with James Armstrong, Adolfo Cambiaso and Tod Rackley. He has organized charity polo games at his RiverView Farm in Franklin, Tennessee.
He serves on the Board of Directors of Boys & Girls Clubs of America for Middle Tennessee, Nashville Public Education Foundation, the executive committee of the United Way for Metropolitan Nashville, the Wetlands America Trust Board for Ducks Unlimited. He is the 2005 recipient of the Dr. Thomas F. Frist, Jr. Excellence in Volunteer Leadership Award of the United Way. He is a member of the Vanderbilt Board of Trust, and the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance.
A Republican, he supported George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004, John McCain in 2000 and 2008. He has also supported Fred Thompson, Lindsey Graham, Tom DeLay, Rick Santorum, Mitt Romney, and the National Republican Senatorial Committee.
He is married to Lee Ann Ingram, and has two sons, Orrin H. Hank Ingram III and Aaron Forest Barrett, and one daughter, Virginia Ingram.
- Forbes profile
- Vanderbilt Board of Trust biography
- Coca Cola Enterprises Corporate Governance
- Ingram Micro Board of Directors
- BusinessWeek profile
- eSkye Solutions Board of Directors
- Ingram Marine Group biography
- Walter Duncun, 'Ingram sells business unit to Pine Bluff', in Nashville Post, July 12, 2011 
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Polo Training Foundation Board of Directors
- Nashville Polo Club memberlist
- Charity page
- Horace A. Laffaye, Polo in the United States: A History, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Co., 2011, p. 263
- Gloria Houghland, 'Havana Heat', in NFocus, July 05, 2011
- Horace A. Laffaye, The Polo Encyclopedia, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Co., 2004, p. 187
- United Way of America