|Directed by||David Garcia
|Country of origin||France
|Original language(s)||Non-verbal / English|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||78|
|Executive producer(s)||Genevieve Dexter
Tom van Waveren
|Running time||7.5 minutes|
Canal+ Family (original version)
Oscar's Oasis (French Oscar & Co) is a is non-verbal animated cartoon produced by TeamTO and Tuba Entertainment in association with Cake Entertainment based on the original show broadcast on Disney Channel Asia. It started as a series of 1-2 minute shorts under the title Ooohhh Asis. Oscar's Oasis can be viewed on the Nintendo 3DS in 3D. In the United States, some episodes can be seen on Netflix Streaming. In Latin America and Brazil, the Spanish and Portuguese dub airs on Cartoon Network Latin America.
Oscar is a lizard living in a non-specific desert that has features from several different real deserts, like the Sahara, Kalahari Desert, and North American deserts. An asphalt concrete highway runs through the area, used from time to time by various cargo trucks. Oscar is generally searching for food or water; he sometimes discovers liquid, in bottles or elsewhere, but is usually frustrated from recovering it for drink. An oasis supplies the only fresh water in the area, but its thick population of irascible and hungry alligators renders it inaccessible. At considerable personal risk (lizard is a delicacy for chickens), Oscar occasionally manages to steal an egg from a nearby hen coop, and he sometimes explores one of the piles of trash that litter the parched landscape. Popy, a fennec fox; Buck, a vulture; and Harchi, a hyena, inhabit a derelict school bus situated on a neighboring hill, but they mostly race about on a cast-off warehouse or grocery cart powered by Harchi and directed by Popy. Like Oscar, the trio constantly search for food and water — often competing with him, sometimes abusing him as a means, but occasionally cooperating with him when it suits their purpose. The main characters often find themselves falling off cliffs a la Wile E. Coyote chasing the Road Runner, wherein the law of gravity is briefly suspended while the character comes to realize his imminent doom.
Each episodes runs for 7 minutes and there are 78 episodes in total.
3.Finding Water (First appearance of Manolo and Roco)
5.Falling in Love (First appearance of Ocsar's Girlfriend)
7.Hot Dog Way of Life
8.Walking on the Moon (First appearance of the Meerkats)
11.Home Sweet Home
17.Parasol, Parabole and Satellite Dish
23.Fly Force One
24.The Great Escape
25.Rock a Bye Booboo
26.Fluff the Magic Lizard
28.Forbidden Zone (First appearance of the Skunk)
30.Lizard : wanted
32.Mom in Spit of Himself
33.Corn to be Wild
35.Power of Love
38.Sweet Smell Of Success
41.Egg Over Easy
44.Get Out of It
54.One For All
56.Day of the Chicken
57.The Unexpected Hero
59.Lizard in the Sky
60.Hiccup and Away
62.Smells Like Trouble
63.Leader of the Pack
67.Sweet Heart (Features clips from previous episodes, mainly the ones with Oscar's Girlfriend)
69.A Manolo's Best Friend
70.Revenge of the Small Fry
71.He's got Rhythm
74.Down In The Dumps
75.Witness The Fitness
76.Hunt for Red Hot Chilli Pepper
77.For a Fistful of Corn
The four main characters are:
- Oscar - The main character of the show. He is a lizard that is always getting into trouble with the trio – Popy, Buck, and Harchi – and the chickens too. Oscar is always trying to catch flies and find some water, but most of the time things don’t come out right. Whenever he has something interesting, the trio always tries to take it from him. Whilst he in turn often tries to steal the trio's food.
- Popy - a fennec fox, the boss of the trio, the one who gives the orders. As shown in the episodes Pronto Express and Bad Seed, she is also greedy.
- Buck - a vulture, the nerd of the trio, he always approves when Harchi gets yelled at by Popy.
- Harchi - a hyena, the brawn of the trio, he is given the physical jobs. He normally acts as the driving force behind the makeshift cart that he along with his friends chase Oscar or the chickens with. In the event of them taking a collective tumble, it’s he who catches everyone so they avoid the ravine. Sometimes he can also show stupidity.
- Manolo - a truck driver who transports various items in the series. He is always asleep at the wheel while his dog, Roco, drives.
- Roco - Manolo's loyal and faithful dog. He always tries to keep their cargo safe and frequently chases Oscar and the trio or tries to deter them from the contents of the moving vehicle.
- Oscar's girlfriend - a female lizard to whom Oscar's heart belongs. In one episode she has babies.* She’s unnamed but according to the POP website she’s called Lizzardette. (*Though it's unknown who her mate is.)
- The Chickens - their half-closed eyes give them a nonchalant, blasé appearance. They fall blindly into the traps laid for them, and get out of them without realizing they have escaped any kind of danger.
- The Crocodiles - the most feared animals of the desert and the top predators.
- The Skunk - He doesn’t smell good. He is always afraid of Oscar, but the trio are always afraid of him because of his smell. He often takes the trio's fruit.
- The Dung Beetles - Oscar's friends who occasionally help him out of tough predicaments. Oscar once helped them roll up a large ball of dung, which they have never forgotten.
- Junior - Oscar's adopted son who made only one appearance in the show. He was shown to grow into a giant lizard, bigger than Oscar.