Isaac at the New York premiere of Won't Back Down, September 2012
|Born||Oscar Isaac Hernández
January 5, 1980
Oscar Isaac (born Oscar Isaac Hernández; January 5, 1980) is a Guatemalan-born American actor and singer.
Personal life 
Isaac was born in Guatemala, to a Guatemalan mother, Maria, and a Cuban pulmonologist father, Oscar Gonzalo Hernández. He was raised in Miami, Florida. While in Miami, he played lead guitar and sang vocals for his band "The Blinking Underdogs". He has described his evangelical upbringing as "very Christian".
Isaac graduated from the Juilliard School in 2005. His first major film role was as Joseph opposite Keisha Castle-Hughes in the film The Nativity Story. He also had a small role in All About the Benjamins and in Guerrilla, Part Two of the Che Guevara biopic Che.
Isaac also played Prince John in the 2010 film Robin Hood. Later that year, he portrayed a security guard in the film W.E., which was directed by Madonna and released in September 2011. In the same month, Isaac starred in the crime drama Drive. He also had a role in 10 Years, in which he played a musician. He performed his own song "Never Had" in the film. "Never Had" and "You Ain't Goin Nowhere" both ended up on the movies soundtrack.
He has made an appearance in the television series Law & Order: Criminal Intent. He appeared as Romeo in the Public Theater's "Shakespeare in the Park" performances of Romeo and Juliet and Two Gentlemen of Verona.
|2002||All About the Benjamins||Francesco|
|2006||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Robbie Paulson||TV Series; Episode: "The Healer"|
|The Nativity Story||Joseph||MovieGuide Award for Film|
|2007||The Life Before Her Eyes||Marcus|
|2008||Che: Part One||Interpreter|
|Body of Lies||Bassam|
|Balibo||José Ramos-Horta||AACTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Nominated—Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for Best Supporting Actor
|2010||Robin Hood||King John|
|2011||Sucker Punch||Blue Jones|
|2012||For Greater Glory||Victoriano "El Catorce" Ramírez||Nominated—ALMA Award for Favorite Movie Actor: Supporting Role|
|Revenge for Jolly!||Cecil|
|The Bourne Legacy||Number Three|
|Won't Back Down||Michael Perry|
|Inside Llewyn Davis||Llewyn Davis||Post-Production|
|The Two Faces of January||Rydal Keener||Post-Production|
- http://www.hbo.com/films/pu239/img/castandcrew/506x316_oscar.jpg[dead link]
- . December 1, 2006 http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=MH&s_site=miami&p_multi=MH&p_theme=realcities&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=115C55E7678C9688&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Missing or empty
- John Lopez: How to Train Your Villain with Robin Hood's Oscar Isaac. Vanity Fair, May 10, 2010, retrieved April 16, 2011
- Madeleine Marr: Miami actor Oscar Isaac rule 'Robin Hood'. The Miami Herald, May 16, 2010, retrieved April 16, 2011
- Greydanus, Steven (2006-11-22). "Joseph Gets His Due". National Catholic Register. Retrieved 2006-11-25.
- Kush, Bronislaus B. (2006-11-27). "Playing Christ’s father is a challenging role". Telegram.com. Retrieved 2006-11-27.
- Brantley, Ben. "Shakespeare in the Park Review; Enter 'Two Gentlemen' For a Sexy Sip of Sangría", The New York Times, August 29, 2005