|Oscar A. Jofre Jr.|
October 20, 1965 [|
Santiago, Chile
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, technology specialist|
Oscar A. Jofre Jr. (born October 20, 1965) is a Canadian entrepreneur and technology specialist born in Chile, the founder of Ottawa-based The BabelFish Corporation (January 1999), a SaaS-based multilingual translation portal.
In 1996, Jofre co-founded the Canadian Network of Language Industries Network (CLIN-RCIL), and sat on its Sectoral Committee, in response to a federal government mandate to bring the language industry together. From 2002–2003, he sat on the steering committee of the Language Industry Technology Roadmap (LITR), an initiative set in motion by Industry Canada and the National Research Council of Canada, whose aim was to “identify the stakeholders in this industry, determine their profile, pinpoint growth sectors, take stock of Canadian research in those fields, and suggest measures to ensure a leadership position at the international level”. Jofre was also the only Canadian on the United Nations/MIT Digital Nations Board (1999–2002), whose first mandate was to explore Esperanto, the most widely spoken constructed auxiliary language in the world.
In 2003, Jofre founded BoardSuite, a SaaS-based, secure web application-collaborative platform, also known as a board portal, which stores and manages board documents, and addresses board issues having to do with compliance and transparent governance.
Oscar’s leadership has transformed KoreConX into the Global leader as a Eco-System Infrastructure Platform (ESIP) http://www.koreconx.com.
Oscar is also a member of the Crowdfunding Intermediary Regulatory Advocates in the USA ( http://www.CFIRA.org ) and the co-Chair of the Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada (ECFA Canada) http://www.ECFACanada.ca . He also sits on the Executive Council of the Midmarket Alliance in the United States (http://www.midmarketplace.com/).
Jofre was recognized as one of the 10 most influential Hispanic Canadians in 2008, and in May 2010, Jofre was recognized by Prime Minister Stephen Harper among a delegation of past award winners of the "10 most influential Hispanic Canadians".
- "Minister Peter Kent | Member of Parliament Thornhill - Hispanic Canadians Delegation Meets Prime Minister Harper". Peterkent.ca. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Company News BabelFish continues to grow international presence". CanadaIT.com. 2003-03-07. Retrieved 2012-07-18.[dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Executive and Management team for BoardSuite". Boardsuitecorp.com. 2010-07-05. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "BoardSuite | CrunchBase Profile". Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Managed governance just a login away". Nationalpost.com. 2010-07-12. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- Morgan Whalen (1999-02-22). "Behind Every Dark Cloud There’s BoardSuite – Solutions for Success with Oscar A. Jofre". Startup30.com. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Four tips to better corporate governance | Business without Borders". Bwob.ca. 2011-02-09. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|