|Quarter of Hamburg|
Sculpture at the entrance of the botanical garden
|• Total||7.3 km2 (2.8 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,500/km2 (8,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
In 1927 the former independent settlement Osdorf was made a part of the town Altona; in 1938 it was merged into the Hanseatic city of Hamburg with the Greater Hamburg Act.
In 2006 according to the statistical office of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein, Osdorf has a total area of 7.3 km². The southern border of Osdorf to the quarter Nienstedten is along the railway tracks of the city train. In the West is the town Schenefeld in Schleswig-Holstein and the quarter Iserbrook. In the East are the quarters Lurup, Bahrenfeld and Groß Flottbek.
In 2006 in Osdorf were living 25,206 inhabitants. The population density was 3,459 inhabitants per square kilometre (8,960 /sq mi). 18% were children under the age of 18, and 23.7% were 65 years of age or older. 13.4% were immigrants. 1,408 people were registered as unemployed and 6,651 were employees subject to social insurance contributions.
In 1999 there were 12,148 households out of which 23.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them and 39.2% of all households were made up of individuals. The average household size was 2.12.
Population by year
The population is counted by the residential registration office for the December 31 each year.
In 2006 there were 2402 criminal offences (96 crimes per 1000 people).
There were 4 elementary schools and 4 secondary schools in the quarter Osdorf.
The recreation area Bornpark is located at the border to Schleswig-Holstein. The Neuer Botanischer Garten is located in the area of the former independent municipality Klein Flottbek.
In Osdorf were 17 day-care centers for children, 48 physicians in private practice and 6 pharmacies.
According to the Department of Motor Vehicles (Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt), in the quarter Osdorf were 9,445 private cars registered (474 cars/1000 people). There were 123 traffic accidents total, including 106 traffic accidents with damage to persons.
- Residents registration office, source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (1999)
- State Investigation Bureaux (Landeskriminalamt), source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Traffic accident statistic, statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Statistical office Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein Statistisches Amt für Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein, official website (German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Osdorf, Hamburg.|
- Academy of the Bundeswehr website (German) Führungsakademie der Bundeswehr