Osmar Strait (Bulgarian: проток Осмар, ‘Protok Osmar’ \'pro-tok os-'mar\) is the 14.6 nautical miles (27.0 km) wide strait in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica between Smith Island to the northwest and Low Island to the southeast.
Osmar Strait is located at Coordinates: . British mapping in 2009, Bulgarian mapping of the Smith Island's coast of the strait in 2009.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4
- South Shetland Islands: Smith and Low Islands. Scale 1:150000 topographic map No. 13677. British Antarctic Survey, 2009.
- Antarctic Digital Database (ADD). Scale 1:250000 topographic map of Antarctica. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), 1993-2012.
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
- SCAR Composite Antarctic Gazetteer.
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This South Shetland Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|