Portrait of Ossie Mazengarb
The cover page of the Report of the Special Committee on Moral Delinquency in Children and Adolescents
Dr Oswald Chettle Mazengarb (1890–1963) was a New Zealand barrister. His other well-known public appointment was in 1954, by the National government of the time, to chair the Special Committee on Moral Delinquency in Children and Adolescents, otherwise better known as the Mazengarb Report.
Oswald Mazengarb also wrote a few legal textbooks. Aside from his legal and judicial careers, he was also a politician, standing for National in the 1935 and 1938 elections, and appointed in 1950 as one of the so-called suicide squad in the Legislative Council to vote for its abolition.
Mazengarb's publications (partial list) 
- The law relating to negligence on the highway (first edition, Wellington: Butterworth, 1942; second edition, Sydney: Butterworth, 1952)
- Advocacy in our time (London and Wellington: Sweet and Maxwell, 1964)
- Mazengarb's negligence on the highway: law and practice in Australia, third edition (Sydney: Butterworths, 1957)
- Mazengarb's law and practice relating to actions for negligence on the highway, fourth edition (Sydney: Butterworths, 1962)
- Report of the Special Committee on Moral Delinquency in Children and Adolescents (Wellington: Government Printer, 1954) [chairperson] (Project Gutenberg edition also available)
External links