Oswego County Airport
|Oswego County Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KFZY – FAA LID: FZY|
|Owner||Oswego County Admin.|
|Serves||Fulton, Oswego County, New York|
|Location||Volney, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||475 ft / 145 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Oswego County Airport (ICAO: KFZY, FAA LID: FZY) is a county-owned, public-use airport three nautical miles (6 km) northeast of the central business district of Fulton, in Oswego County, New York, United States. The airport is located in Volney, New York. It has been designated by the Federal Aviation Administration as a general aviation reliever airport for Syracuse Hancock International Airport, located 25 miles (40 km) to the southeast.
The airport is home to a flight school and also has charter services available for local residents. Short and long-term tie-downs, as well as hangar rentals, are available to aircraft owners. Organizations based at the airport include an Experimental Aircraft Association chapter and a Civil Air Patrol squadron. In 1999, Phish performed their summer festival, Camp Oswego, at the airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Oswego County Airport covers an area of 171 acres (69 ha) at an elevation of 475 feet (145 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 6/24 is 3,996 by 100 feet (1,218 x 30 m) and 15/33 is 5,197 by 100 feet (1,584 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending October 8, 2009, the airport had 20,550 aircraft operations, an average of 56 per day: 97% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 68 aircraft based at this airport: 93% single-engine, 4% multi-engine, 1% jet and 1% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for FZY ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 17 December 2009.
- KFZY - Fulton, New York - Oswego County Airport. Great Circle Mapper. Accessed 25 January 2010.
- Oswego County Airport
- Experimental Aircraft Association, Chapter 486
- Civil Air Patrol of Oswego County
- Aerial photo as of 22 April 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for FZY, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport: