The osyluth lesser baatezu appear in second edition in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix (1991) under the "baatezu" heading, and are also detailed under the "baatezu" heading in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
Osyluths are native to the Nine Hells of Baator.
Typical physical characteristics
An osyluth looks like a tall, emaciated being with dried skin stretched so tight as to outline and emphasize every bone. It has a skull-like head and a bony tail like a scorpion's, and exude a stench of decay. An osyluth stands about 9 feet tall and weighs roughly 500 pounds.
Osyluths are Lawful Evil.
Osyluths often serve as the informers and police of the Nine Hells, monitoring and reporting on the activities of other devils.
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- LaFountain, J. Paul. Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix. (TSR, 1991)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (Paizo Publishing, 2009)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|