22 February 1914|
|Died||15 March 1966
Pieve di Curtarolo
Otello Toso (22 February 1914 – 15 March 1966) was an Italian film and stage actor.
Born in Padova, Toso graduated at Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia in 1939 and immediately after started his film career, that was particularly prolific in the 40's, in films in which he usually starred negative characters. After World War II Toso mostly starred in melodrama and genre films, except for Juan Antonio Bardem's Death of a Cyclist. He died at 52 in a car accident in Pieve di Curtarolo, near Padova.
- The Canal of the Angels (1934)
- The Last Enemy (1938)
- The Two Orphans (1942)
- Two Anonymous Letters (1945)
- Vanity (1947)
- Cavalcade of Heroes (1950)
- Alina (1950)
- Faddija – La legge della vendetta (1950)
- The Cliff of Sin (1950)
- Black Fire (1951)
- Gli innocenti pagano (1951)
- Verginità (1952)
- "Piscatore 'e Pusilleco" (1954)
- Il peccato degli anni verdi (1960)
- Enrico Lancia, Roberto Poppi, Fabio Melelli, Mario Pecorari. Gli Attori - Vol.3. Gremese Editore.
- "L'attore Otello Toso morto nell'auto contro una casa". La Stampa. 16 March 1966.
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|