Otto I, Duke of Merania
|Duke of Merania|
|Spouse(s)||Beatrice II, Countess of Burgundy|
|Noble family||House of Andechs|
|Father||Berthold IV, Duke of Merania|
|Mother||Agnes of Rochlitz|
|Died||1234 (aged 53–54)
On the death of his father Otto became Duke of Andechs and Merania; he became Count of Burgundy on his marriage to Beatrice of Burgundy in 1208.
On Beatrice's death in 1231, he ceased to be Count and was succeeded by his son Otto III.
On Otto I's death in 1234, he was further succeeded by his son as Duke of Andechs and Merania.
He and Beatrice produced the following children:
- Otto, (1226 – 19 June 1248 at Niesten Castle), who succeeded both his parents in their domains.
- Agnes of Merania
- Beatrix, who married Herman II, Count of Weimar-Orlamünde
- Margaret, who married Přemysl of Moravia and Frederick, Count of Truhendingen
- Adelaide, who succeeded her brother upon his death without children.
- Elisabeth, who married Frederick III, Burgrave of Nuremberg
Otto I, Duke of MeraniaBorn: 1180 Died: 1234
|Duke of Merania