|Born||Henrietta Miriam Ottoline Leyser
7 March 1965
|Alma mater||Newnham College, Cambridge|
|Thesis||An analysis of fasciated mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana and the role of cytokinin in this phenotype (1990)|
Education and early life
Leyser is the daughter of Karl Leyser, a German-born historian, who being Jewish, fled from the Nazis. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Cambridge in 1986 and a PhD in Genetics in 1990 from the same University.
Leyser's research interests are in the genetics of plant development and the interaction of plant hormones with the environment. She has been Professor of Plant Development and Associate Director of the Sainsbury Laboratory Cambridge University since March 2011, having previously been Professor of Biology at the University of York.
Awards and honours
Leyser was elected a fellow of the Royal Society and a member of the European Molecular Biology Organisation in 2007, and appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2009 New Year Honours. She is currently a member of the Nuffield Council on Bioethics and was a member of the Council’s Working Party on Biofuels (2009-2011). She was elected a foreign associate of the US National Academy of Sciences in 2012.
- "LEYSER, Prof. (Henrietta Miriam) Ottoline". Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014; online edn, Oxford University Press.(subscription required)
- Leyser, O (2011). "An interview with Ottoline Leyser. Interviewed by Eva Amsen". Development 138 (22): 4815–7. doi:10.1242/dev.075333. PMID 22028022.
- Leyser, O (2012). "Ottoline Leyser". Current biology : CB 22 (8): R253–5. doi:10.1016/j.cub.2012.02.003. PMID 22675728.
- Sedwick, C (2014). "Ottoline Leyser: The beauty of plant genetics". The Journal of Cell Biology 204 (3): 284–5. doi:10.1083/jcb.2043pi. PMC 3912528. PMID 24493584.
- List of publications from Google Scholar
- Kepinski, S.; Leyser, O. (2005). "The Arabidopsis F-box protein TIR1 is an auxin receptor". Nature 435 (7041): 446. doi:10.1038/nature03542.
- Gray, W. M.; Kepinski, S.; Rouse, D.; Leyser, O.; Estelle, M. (2001). "Auxin regulates SCFTIR1-dependent degradation of AUX/IAA proteins". Nature 414 (6861): 271. doi:10.1038/35104500.
- Sabatini, S; Beis, D; Wolkenfelt, H; Murfett, J; Guilfoyle, T; Malamy, J; Benfey, P; Leyser, O; Bechtold, N; Weisbeek, P; Scheres, B (1999). "An auxin-dependent distal organizer of pattern and polarity in the Arabidopsis root". Cell 99 (5): 463–72. doi:10.1016/S0092-8674(00)81535-4. PMID 10589675.
- Leyser, Henrietta Miriam Ottoline (1990). An analysis of fasciated mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana and the role of cytokinin in this phenotype (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge.
- "BBSRC spotlight interview".
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2008.
- Nuffield Council on Bioethics' official website-Biofuels
- "National Academy of Sciences Members and Foreign Associates Elected". National Academy of Sciences. May 1, 2012.
|This article about a British scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|