|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|Years active||1995–2002, 2012-present|
|Associated acts||Vintersorg, Borknagar, Folkearth, Havayoth, Cronian, Fission, Waterclime|
During their existence, Otyg released two albums with songs written in traditional Scandinavian folk style, featuring traditional Scandinavian instruments not frequently heard in heavy metal, such as the keyed fiddle and willow flute. All the lyrics were written in Swedish. Vintersorg had unofficially expressed that Otyg didn't find anymore inspiration to resume with the project.
In an interview in May 2012 Andreas Hedlund stated that Otyg is now reactivated and a new album is going to be released.
- Studio albums
- Bergtagen (1995)
- I trollskogens drömmande mörker (1996)
- Galdersång till bergfadern (1997)
- Vintersorg – guitars, keyboards, vocals (1995-2002, 2012-present)
- Mattias Marklund – guitars (1995–present)
- Cia Hedmark – vocals, violin (1995–present)
- Daniel Fredriksson – bass, keyed fiddle, willow flute, mouth harp, lute guitar (1995-present)
- Fredrik Nilsson – drums (1998–present)
- Samuel Norberg – mouth harp (1995–1997)
- Stefan Strömberg – drums (1995–1997)
- Interview with Swedish Black/Folk Metal band Vintersorg globalmetalapocalypse.weebly.com. 21 May 2012. Retrieved on 17 July 2012.
|This article about a Swedish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|