|IATA: OUL – ICAO: EFOU|
|Elevation AMSL||14 m / 47 ft|
|Source: AIP Finland
Statistics from Finavia
Oulu Airport (IATA: OUL, ICAO: EFOU; Finnish: Oulun lentoasema) is located in Oulu, Finland, 5.7 NM (10.6 km; 6.6 mi) south-west of the city centre. The airport is the second busiest in Finland after Helsinki-Vantaa airport, as measured by the number of passengers (ca. 877,000 in 2013). There are around twenty daily flights to Helsinki. Oulu Airport is also extensively used by the Finnish Air Force for training purposes. Recently the old terminal was demolished for more apron space. A major extension of the main terminal was completed in September 2011. Four new jetbridge gates (gates 13–16) were constructed and the main terminal was expanded by 4,300 square metres (46,000 sq ft), raising the capacity of the airport to 1.5 million passengers per year. The managing body of the airport is Finavia. Oulu Airport has offered free wireless network access for passengers since May 2007.
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal charter: Chania|
operated by Flybe Nordic
|Norwegian Air Shuttle||Alicante, Gran Canaria, Helsinki
operated by Braathens Regional
AirBaltic used to operate flights from Oulu Airport to Riga, Turku and other destinations. On 23 September 2010 the company announced that it will open a hub in Oulu, which would mean 10–15 direct destinations out of Oulu. The hub was due to open at the turn of the year 2012/13. The plan was cancelled, however, due to AirBaltic's economical problems. On 28 October 2012 the airline ceased all existing operations to Oulu.
|Year||Domestic passengers||International passengers||Total passengers||Change|
- "EFOU Oulu" (PDF). AIP Suomi / Finland. Finavia. 30 June 2011. pp. EFOU AD 2.1, 1–12. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "panOULU now available at the Oulu Airport". panOulu. 5 April 2007. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "airBaltic to Open a New Hub in Oulu, Finland". AirBaltic. 23 September 2010. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "Air Balticin solmusuunnitelma kuivui kasaan" (in Finnish). YLE uutiset. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- Media related to Oulu Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Finavia – Oulu Airport
- AIP Finland – Oulu Airport
- Current weather for EFOU at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for OUL at Aviation Safety Network