Our Last Night
|Our Last Night|
|Origin||Hollis, New Hampshire, United States|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, metalcore, alternative rock, emo|
|Associated acts||Dangerous Kid, The Devil Wears Prada|
Alex "Woody" Woodrow
|Past members||Nick Perricone
Our Last Night is an American post-hardcore band, formed in 2004 by four members, consisting of Trevor Wentworth (vocals), Matthew Wentworth (guitar, vocals), Alex "Woody" Woodrow (bass), Tim Molloy (drums).
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Early years (2004-2007)
After a few lineup changes, the group was complete in 2006 with Trevor Wentworth (vocals), Matt Wentworth (guitar/vocals), Colin Perry (guitar), Alex "Woody" Woodrow (bass) and Tim Molloy (drums). In early 2007, the group signed with Epitaph Records, the day before they embarked on their first tour; Trevor was only 13-years old.
The Ghosts Among Us (2008-2009)
In August 2007, after having spent some time on the local club scene, Our Last Night was signed to Epitaph Records (a label owned by Bad Religion's Brett Gurewitz) and released their first album, entitled The Ghosts Among Us, on March 4, 2008. It peaked at No. 6 on Billboard's Top Heatseekers (Northeast) on March 22, 2008. The group then toured the United States through late 2008, including a prolonged stop in Los Angeles to record new tracks.
We Will All Evolve (2009-2012)
On March 23, the band changed their Myspace layout to reveal the album cover, and also added a new song titled "Elephants", the first track on the new album. On April 7, the band released a new song titled "Across the Ocean" on their Myspace and Absolutepunk.net. On April 23, they released the music video for "Elephants" on Myspace and different sites. On April 30, they had their official CD release show in support of We Will All Evolve at the Adams Memorial Opera House in Derry, New Hampshire.
On February 1, 2011 they traveled to Tokyo to do a co-headlining tour of Japan. On March 19, 2011, they embarked on headlining the "Young & Restless Tour" with Attila, Vanna, Arsonists Get All the Girls, A Bullet for a Pretty Boy, Armor for the Broken, and Across the Sun.
On June 7, 2011 the band uploaded an acoustic version of "Across the Ocean" on their YouTube channel. On August 27, 2011 the band uploaded a 30-second clip of a new song they have been working on to their Facebook page.
Age of Ignorance (2012-2013)
The band has completed recording all tracks for their follow up to 2010's We Will All Evolve, Age of Ignorance, with a release date of August 21, 2012. On June 24, 2012, they released a new single "Liberate Me" on YouTube. On July 6, one week before Our Last Night's tour with headliner I Set My Friends On Fire, Colin Perry (rhythm guitar) left the band. On July 23, 2012, they released the title track off their new album "Age of Ignorance" through Facebook/YouTube. On August 6, 2012, the band released a new song titled "Invincible" through the website LoudWire and then later on Facebook/YouTube. In May 2013 they supported Sleeping With Sirens on their UK tour along with The Word Alive. They appeared at Slam Dunk festival in May 2013, playing the Monster Energy stage and were deemed to have played a good set receiving a KKKK rating in Kerrang!.
Going independent, Indiegogo campaign, A Summer of Covers EP and Oak Island EP (2013)
On October 9, 2013, via Alternative Press, after parting ways with Epitaph Records, Our Last Night announced that they are currently recording two EP’s--thanks to their hugely successful Indiegogo campaign in September 2013 which by the end of the month, they more than tripled their original goal of $15,000 with a final amount of $46,551. -- while recording the two EP's they still managed to find time to record one last cover. A bonus cover was promised to fans after the band was late in releasing a cover in August as a part of their A Summer of Cover series, the band then released their version of Miley Cyrus’ song "Wrecking Ball". Their new EP, officially announced at the end of the video, is called Oak Island and will be available November 5. The first single, entitled "Same Old War," was released on YouTube on October 22, 2013 along with a music video. On Friday November 1, 2013 they released their second song to YouTube from the album Oak Island entitled 'I've Never Felt This Way' with a lyric video. On November 4, 2013, they released their full EP Oak Island via YouTube stream.
Oak Island Acoustic and Covers (2014-present)
On January 7, 2014, the music video for the song "Sunrise" from Oak Island EP was released, the band teamed up with anti-bullying organization The BULLY Project for the video.
On January 27, 2014 Our Last Night have released a full-band cover of Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" on YouTube and iTunes.
On February 11, 2014, the band announced that they will record ‘Oak Island Acoustic’ after European tour with SECRETS and Empires Fade, have announced plans to record Oak Island Acoustic after returning to the states from the tour which ends on February 18 in Glasgow, UK. They confirmed it will feature all tracks from the Oak Island EP.
On May 28, 2014, the band announced that they will unite with Set it Off for a co-headlining tour with support from Heartist and Stages & Stereos. The tour titled "Come Alive" begins July 11 in Jacksonville, Florida through August 22 in Boston, Massachusetts. The band also stated that the Boston, Massachusetts show will be their 10 Year Anniversary Show.
On June 3, 2014, an acoustic video was released for the song "Same Old War." The track is taken from the acoustic version of the band’s EP, Oak Island, which will be released on June 24.
On June 25, 2014 after having difficulty with iTunes, Our Last Night released the Oak Island Acoustic EP. The EP features a bonus track "Falling Away".
On October 7, 2014, Our Last Night released their cover of Maroon 5's "Maps".
On November 7, 2014, Our Last Night released their cover of Tove Lo's "Habits".
On January 20, 2015, Our Last Night released their cover of Taylor Swift's "Blank Space".
On February 5, 2015, Our Last Night released their cover of Selena Gomez's "The Heart Wants What It Wants" (ft. Craig Owens)
- Current members
- Trevor Wentworth - lead vocals, acoustic guitar (2004–present)
- Matt Wentworth - lead and backing vocals, guitar, piano, bass (2004–present)
- Alex "Woody" Woodrow - bass, backing vocals (2004–present)
- Tim Molloy - drums (2006–present)
- Past members
- Tim Valich - guitar (2004-2005)
- Nick Perricone - guitar (2005-2006)
- Colin Perry - rhythm guitar, vocals, bass (2006-2012)
- Joey Perricone - drums (2005-2006) (later credited as pianist for some of the band's acoustic songs)
- Matthew Valich - drums (2004-2005)
- Studio albums
- Building Cities from Scratch (2005)
- The Ghosts Among Us (2008)
- We Will All Evolve (2010)
- Age of Ignorance (2012) U.S. #179
- We've Been Holding Back (2004)
- A Summer Of Covers (2013)
- Oak Island (2013)
- Oak Island Acoustic (2014)
- New Noise (Epitaph) (2010)
- Music videos
- "Tear Her: I Will Be Revenged" (2005)
- "Escape" (2008)
- "Elephants" (2010)
- "The Devil Inside You" (2010)
- "Invincible" (2012)
- "Fate" (2013)
- "Fate" (acoustic) (2013)
- "Skyfall" (cover) (2013)
- "Reason to Love" (acoustic) (2013)
- "Stay" (cover) (2013)
- "Mirrors" (cover) (2013)
- "Clarity" (cover) (2013)
- "Radioactive" (cover) (2013)
- "Wrecking Ball" (Cover) (2013)
- "Same Old War" (2013)
- "Sunrise" (2014)
- "Dark Horse" (cover) (2014)
- "Dark Storms" (2014)
- "Same Old War" (Acoustic)(2014)
- "Sunrise" (Acoustic)(2014)
- "Bye Bye Bye (featuring Cody Carson)" (2014)
- "Falling Away" (2014)
- "Maps" (cover) (2014)
- "Habits" (cover) (2014)
- "Blank Space" (cover) (2015)
- "The Heart Wants What It Wants" (cover) (2015)
- "Our Last Night - Profile". AbsolutePunk.net. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- [dead link]
- "OUR LAST NIGHT PROFILE PAGE". Musicemissions.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Our Last Night Signs With Epitaph Records - Blabbermouth.net". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Our Last Night detail Epitaph debut, set release date". Punknews.org. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- Top Music Charts - Hot 100 - Billboard 200. Billboard.com.
- Doug Wallen, "Our Last Night: Kinetic Fusion of Metal, Pop, Punk". Hartford Courant, December 18, 2008.
- "Exclusive premier...". Facebook. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Our Last Night - Oak Island FULL ALBUM STREAM". YouTube. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "OurLastNightBand". YouTube. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Our Last Night - 'Same Old War' (OFFICIAL)". YouTube. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Our Last Night cover Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" and announce Oak Island EP - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Our Last Night release "Sunrise" music video - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Our Last Night cover Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Our Last Night to record ‘Oak Island Acoustic’ after "Oak Island European Tour" - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Set It Off, Our Last Night announce co-headlining tour". Alternative Press. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Our Last Night release "Same Old War" acoustic video". Alternative Press. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Our Last Night cover NSYNC’s "Bye Bye Bye" (ft. Set It Off’s Cody Carson)". Alternative Press. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Age of Ignorance - Our Last Night - Awards - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 17 December 2014.