||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2013)|
|Founded||Lisboa, Portugal (2001)|
|Key people||Paulo Rosado, CEO
Jeff Newlin, VP and GM North America
David Holmes, VP Woldwide Marketing
Rui Pereira, VP Business Development
Carlos Alves, VP Int. Operations
Rui Sousa, CFO
|Subsidiaries||Atlanta, GA - USA
San Ramon, CA - USA
Maarssen, The Netherlands
The OutSystems Platform is a high-productivity platform as a service (PaaS) to deliver enterprise web and mobile apps, generated as native and portable Java or .Net, that run in the cloud, on-premises or in hybrid environments. It is effectively an alternative to Force.com.
The company offers a Community Edition version of its platform, which is free for personal use and for small businesses. The OutSystems Platform is currently in version 8.0.
- OutSystems is a limited liability Company founded in 2000.
- In 2001 the company received a round A funding from NesBIC CTe FUND (Fortis Group) and released the first verion of its product.
- In 2004, the company signed an investment agreement with Fundo de Capital de Risco para Investidores Qualificados PME Investimentos and Fundo de Sindicação de Capital de Risco PME-IAPMEI for a Series B funding.
- In April 2007 NeSBIC CTe Funds (“NeSBIC) sold their shares to Fundo de Capital de Risco Espirito Santo Ventures II.
Memberships and Associations
OutSystems is a member of the Consortium of IT Software Quality (CISQ). CISQ brings together industry executives from Global 2000 IT organizations, system integrators, outsourcers, and package vendors to jointly address the challenge of standardizing the measurement of IT software quality and to promote a market-based ecosystem to support its deployment.
- Silva, Tiago. "PME Investimentos reforça posição financeira na OutSystems". Lusa (Sapo). Retrieved 2009-10-25.