||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2013)|
|Founded||Lisboa, Portugal (2001)|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, GA - USA|
Paulo Rosado, CEO
Darcy Kurtz, VP Global Marketing
Miguel Lopes, VP Product Management
Pedro Pimenta, VP R&D
Rui Pereira, VP Professional Services
Rui Sousa, CFO
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Atlanta, GA - USA
San Ramon, CA - USA
Maarssen, The Netherlands
The OutSystems Platform is a high-productivity platform as a service (PaaS) to develop and deliver enterprise web and mobile apps, generated as native and portable Java or .Net, which run in the cloud, on-premises or in hybrid environments.
The OutSystems Platform is currently in version 9.
In January 2014 the on-premise Community Edition was replaced with free personal environments that allows developers to use the platform in a cloud environment, free of charge.
- OutSystems is a limited liability Company founded in 2000.
- In 2001 the company received a round A funding from NesBIC CTe FUND (Fortis Group) and released the first version of its product.
- In 2004, the company signed an investment agreement with Fundo de Capital de Risco para Investidores Qualificados PME Investimentos and Fundo de Sindicação de Capital de Risco PME-IAPMEI for a Series B funding.
- In April 2007 NeSBIC CTe Funds (“NeSBIC) sold their shares to Fundo de Capital de Risco Espirito Santo Ventures II.
- In November 2013, IDGConnect names OutSystems one of 20 red hot B2B tech companies to watch in 2014
- In June 2014, OutSystems is mentioned in a new Forrester report titled 'New Development Platforms Emerge For Customer-Facing Applications' 
Memberships and Associations
OutSystems is a member of the Consortium of IT Software Quality (CISQ). CISQ brings together industry executives from Global 2000 IT organizations, system integrators, outsourcers, and package vendors to jointly address the challenge of standardizing the measurement of IT software quality and to promote a market-based ecosystem to support its deployment.
- Silva, Tiago. "PME Investimentos reforça posição financeira na OutSystems". Lusa (Sapo). Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- Rymer, John. "New Development Platforms Emerge For Customer-Facing Applications". Forrester (Forrester). Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- OutSystems website
- OutSystems Platform vs. Force.com report by Bloor Research
- The IDE of My Dreams
- PaaS bucks up mobile app development