Out To Swim
Inspired by the swimming teams at the Gay Games in Vancouver in 1990, the club has competed at national and international competitions; it has expanded to include a synchronized swimming team, and regularly competes in open water events. Their first annual swimming competition was held in 1997 and attracted 23 gay and straight teams from all over Europe. 
The club is also one of the few aquatics clubs in the world that offers men participation in synchronised swimming. In 2012 the club were part of a campaign for men to be allowed to compete in synchronized swimming at the 2012 Summer Olympics. Synchronised swimming is one of only two Olympic sports that discriminate on the basis of gender.
In 2012 Gareth Johnson was elected as the chairperson of Out To Swim aquatics club.
- "Gay water polo in London - Gay & Lesbian - Time Out london". Timeout.com. 2011-01-06. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- Colin Nicholson (10 May 2002). "Gay: Swim Group Goes To New Lengths; Swimming". The Mirror. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Ivan Bussens". The Times. 12 September 2007.
- , Irish Times, 7 July 2012.(subscription required)[full citation needed]
- "Gay team to swim English Channel for charity", Joe Morgan, Gay Star News, 24 June 2012