|Birth name||Richard Andrew|
|Origin||Yonkers, New York, U.S.|
|Genres||Synthpop, pop rap, dance-pop, rock|
Richard Andrew, better known by his stage name Outasight, is an American singer and hip hop artist from Yonkers, New York. Though he is considered a Pop artist, he draws influence from other genres such as hip hop, classic rock and soul. In October 2009, Outasight signed with Warner Bros. Records. He is perhaps best known for the song "Tonight is the Night" released in 2011.
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2012)|
Richard Andrew was born in Yonkers, New York on February 17th, 1983. With a mother who decorated the walls with records, and a father who played the guitar, Andrew was surrounded by music his entire life. Growing up, his family moved from apartment to apartment, which never gave him a real sense of home. He turned to music to offer him solace and a sense of home. At the age of 9, his father gave him a guitar, and although he did not have much interest in playing the guitar, it sparked his interest in becoming a musician. He began writing rhymes and singing around age 10.
Early career 
Outasight began playing shows at small venues in New York City such as the Bowery Poetry Club and the Nuyorican Cafe. After his first EP release Employee of the Year, he played at the 2007 Hip-hop festival alongside major label acts such as Ghostface Killah, Skills, and Consequence. In June 2008, Outasight released his second promotional CD, titled Radio New York. This release saw more commercial success, and was featured in XXL Magazine's Soundcheck choice in "Something to Talk About." His music video for the song "Good Evening (Dream Big)" received a video rotation spot on mtvU in the Fall of 2008, after winning the 2008 mtvU Freshmen video contest. "Good Evening" was also popularized by its use in Ray William Johnson's Youtube-based vlog series: Breaking NYC.
Warner Brothers Records 
In October 2009, Outasight signed with Warner Bros. Records. In December 2009, Lifted Research Group, better known as LRG, sponsored the release of Outasight's Further mixtape. His biggest release to date, Further has generated even more press than the previous two albums. The album was heavily publicized on the internet, garnering strong reviews and also promotion from YouTube celebrity Ray William Johnson. Since then, he has been featured in major media outlets, such as MTV News. On March 23, 2010, Outasight released the Further EP on Asylum Records, and plans to release his first full length studio album, sometime in 2012. Outasight released a music video for his single "Catch Me If You Can" from the Further EP, which has been featured on numerous hip-hop blogs. Also in 2010, Outasight collaborated with rapper Asher Roth on the "Catch Me If You Can" remix.
Outasight released his first single, "Tonight Is the Night", which was featured on a Pepsi commercial. The commercial includes footage of Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Ray Charles, and Kanye West. Tonight Is The Night was the theme for the 1000th episode of WWE Monday Night RAW. Also, Believe In Me has been used in the documentary WWE Once In A Lifetime.
Outasight performed live at the 2012 NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa, Ontario, where his song "Tonight Is the Night" was the background song for the player introductions. On January 17, 2012, Outasight performed his song "Tonight Is the Night" on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon with The Roots.
On April 13, 2012, Outasight confirmed via Facebook that his second single from his upcoming debut album would be called "Now or Never" and that would be out soon. It was released on May 11, 2012.
His debut album, Nights Like These was released on November 23, 2012, and it peaked at 13 on the heatseekers chart.
Studio albums 
- 2012: Nights Like These
- 2010: Further EP (Asylum)
- 2007: Employee of the Year EP
- 2008: Radio New York
- 2009: From There to Here
- 2009: Further
- 2010: Never Say Never
- 2011: Figure 8 EP
- 2011: Get It Together
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|2011||"Tonight Is the Night"||38||14||18||23||53||Nights Like These|
|2012||"Now or Never"||103||26||—||—||—|
(featuring Chiddy Bang)
|"I'll Drink to That"
|"—" denotes a title that did not chart, or was not released in that territory.|
- "Catch Me If You Can" (25 March 2010)
- "On My Way" (8 September 2010)
- "Losing My Mind" (19 January 2011)
- "It's Like That" (27 February 2011)
- "So What" (13 April 2011)
- "Figure 8" (8 August 2011)
- "Tonight is the Night" (9 November 2011)
- "Now or Never" (17 September 2012)
- "Shine" (16 October 2012)
- "PinBoard Exclusive: Outasight Interview « PinBoard". Pinboardblog.com. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- "Winning Freshmen Video for 11.03.08: Outasight "Good Evening"". mtvu.com. 2008-11-07. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- Paine, Jake (2010-03-13). "Outasight Talks About Signing To Warner/Asylum, "Further EP" | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales". HipHop DX. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- TSSCrew (2010-02-12). "Review Of Outasight's Further | The Smoking Section". Smokingsection.uproxx.com. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- Posted 12/11/09 (2009-12-11). "Outasight And Ameer Bring New Perspectives To Hip-Hop - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- "Asylum Recording Artist Outasight Drops Digital EP 'Further' @ Top40-Charts.com - Songs & Videos from 49 Top 20 & Top 40 Music Charts from 30 Countries". Top40-charts.com. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- "iTunes - Music - Further - EP by Outasight". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-03-19. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- Warner Bros Records. "Warner Bros Records". Asylumrecords.com. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "OUTASIGHT Performs "Tonight Is The Night"". Latenightwithjimmyfallon.com. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- "Now or Never". Facebook. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "Billboard Hot 100 - US Charts". Billboard. Billboard.com. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "ARIA Singles Chart - Australia Charts". ARIA. ariacharts.com.au. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Ultratop 50 Singles - Belgium Charts". Ultratop. ultratop.be. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Canadian Hot 100 - Canadian Charts". Billboard. billboard.com. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "US Certifications". RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). riaa.com. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "AUS Certifications (Singles 2012)". ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association). aria.com.au. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Outasight - Catch Me If You Can [Official Music Video]". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "Outasight - On My Way [Official Music Video". YouTube. 2010-09-08. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Outasight - Losing My Mind [Official Music Video". YouTube. 2011-01-19. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "Outasight - It's Like That [Official Music Video". YouTube. 2011-02-27. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "Outasight - So What [Official Music Video". YouTube. 2011-04-13. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Outasight - Figure 8 [Official Music Video". YouTube. 2011-08-08. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Outasight - Tonight Is The Night [Official Music Video". YouTube. 2011-11-09. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "Outasight - Now Or Never [Official Music Video". YouTube. 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Outasight Ft. Chiddy - Shine [Official Music Video". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-11-28.