Outram Street, West Perth
|Length||0.75 km (0.47 mi)|
|South end||Kings Park Road|
|North end||Wellington Street (State Route 65)|
For a significant part of the early twentieth century, wealthy merchants and politicians had family homes in the street. Some of the significant structures from that era remain intact, but with different uses.
By the late 1930s the development of blocks of flats and apartments were beginning to change the landscape of Outram Street and West Perth.
Some of the structures like the Outram Street Terraces (number 74-82) have been on the Interim Heritage Register since 2000.
- Google, Inc. "Outram Street, West Perth". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Outram+St&daddr=Outram+St&hl=en&ll=-31.949477,115.839983&spn=0.009003,0.009506&sll=-31.946277,115.840769&sspn=0.00226,0.002376&geocode=FbJzGP4dzYznBg%3BFROMGP4dypfnBg&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=19&t=m&z=17. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "PERTH NAMES.". The West Australian (Perth, WA : 1879 - 1954) (Perth, WA: National Library of Australia). 21 January 1939. p. 5. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "PERTHS BEAUTIFUL HOMES.". Sunday Times (Perth, WA : 1902 - 1954) (Perth, WA: National Library of Australia). 30 July 1922. p. 17. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "PERTH'S BEAUTIFUL HOMES.". Sunday Times (Perth, WA : 1902 - 1954) (Perth, WA: National Library of Australia). 19 February 1922. p. 17. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Dease Studios; HRRC (1905), Weetalabah, residence of Dr E. J. A. Haynes, corner of Hay and Outram Streets, West Perth [picture], retrieved 4 January 2014
- "No Title". The West Australian (Perth, WA : 1879 - 1954) (Perth, WA: National Library of Australia). 1 April 1939. p. 8. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "The West Australian: West Perth in demand", Asia Africa Intelligence Wire (Financial Times Ltd), 25 September 2002, retrieved 3 January 2014
- "Outram Street offices tipped to fetch $A10m", Australasian Business Intelligence (COMTEX News Network, Inc), 16 December 2003, ISSN 1320-6680
- Also known as Kent Villa, Heimath, Echuca, and Wainera - see http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/34313/20060325-0000/www.heritage.wa.gov.au/register/PDF_Files/O%20Reg/Outram%20St%20Tces%20%28I%29.pdf