Over the Rainbow (2007 charity album)
|Over the Rainbow|
|Compilation album by Various artists|
|Released||4 June 2007|
|Recorded||Air Studios, London (3 & 4 April 2007)
Fleetwood Mobile Studios (1 April 2007)
|Label||Universal Classics and Jazz|
Over the Rainbow - Show Tunes in Aid of the Association of Children's Hospices is a charity album of show tunes, recorded by various artists and released in 2007. It is in aid of The Association of Children's Hospices.
All proceeds go to children's hospices across the United Kingdom. There was also a concert where some of the children from hospices around the country performed along with the stars of the album. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra performed also.
The album was recorded in just five days, as part of a challenge for the British Television show, Challenge Anneka, which was broadcast on 6 June 2007 on ITV. The shows presenter Anneka Rice had to enlist people to help produce the album, in the usual style of the Challenge Anneka show.
- "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" - Duncan James & Myleene Klass
- "You're The One That I Want" - McFly
- "Fly Me To The Moon" - Jimmy Osmond
- "The Way You Look Tonight" - Curtis Stigers
- "Climb Every Mountain" - Lesley Garrett
- "No Matter What" - Andrea Ross
- "Consider Yourself" - Richard Fleeshman & Avenue Q (London cast)
- "Secret Love" - Cerys Matthews
- "Young at Heart" - Gavin Creel
- "I Don't Know How to Love Him" - Bonnie Tyler
- "The Time of My Life" - Jermaine Jackson & Jocelyn Brown
- "New York, New York" - Michael Bolton
- "Talk Through Me" - Jo Collins & Chickenshed