Over the Top (Cozy Powell album)
|Over the Top|
|Studio album by Cozy Powell|
|Recorded||Central Sound Studios, Manchester, Townhouse Studios, London|
|Cozy Powell chronology|
- "Theme One" (George Martin) – 3:36 (*)
- "Killer" (Don Airey) – 7:16
- "Heidi Goes to Town" (Cozy Powell, Airey) – 2:57
- "El Sid" (Bernie Marsden) – 5:09
- "Sweet Poison" (Max Middleton) – 8:24
- "The Loner" (Dedicated to Jeff Beck) (Middleton) – 4:50
- "Over The Top" (Airey, Powell, Pyotr Tchaikovsky) – 8:39
- "Dance With The Devil" (bonus track) - 3:37
(*) There is some controversion about this theme, because the credit is for George Martin, the same theme "Theme One" appears in the Van der Graaf Generator album Pawn Hearts as track list # 4 only in the canadian and Us. editions, but the author is not credited to Sir George Martin.
- Cozy Powell – drums
- Gary Moore – guitar (track 2)
- Clem Clempson – guitar (tracks 5, 6)
- Bernie Marsden – guitar (track 4)
- Jack Bruce – bass guitar
- Don Airey – keyboards (except track 6)
- Max Middleton – keyboards (track 6)
Produced and engineered by Martin Birch. Mastered by Ian Cooper of Utopia Sounds
Tape ops Lou Broglia and Alan Douglas.
Recorded at Central Sound and Track 2 at The Town House, London.
Mixed at The Town House.
All tracks arranged by Don Airey.
Photography: Bob Carlos Clarke
Art Direction and artwork: Ian Murray/Acrobat Design Ltd.
Cover concept: Cozy Powell
Max Middleton appears courtesy of Epic Records.
Gary Moore appears courtesy of MCA Records.
Bernie Marsden appears courtesy of United Artists Records
Cozy Powell appears courtesy of Swindon Town Football Club.
Thanks to: Roger Glover, Neil Murray, Tchaikovsky, Terry Yeardon and Silverstone.
Co-ordination: Bobby Adcock (LFC)
Management: Bruce Payne
Mr Powell's drums by Yamaha, his cymbals by Paiste.
This album was recorded without a safety net.
Lyrics enclosed. (This statement was tongue-in-cheek, as Over the Top is an all-instrumental album)