From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up overlap in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Overlap may mean one of:
- In music theory, overlap is a synonym for reinterpretation of a chord at the boundary of two musical phrases.
- In railway signalling, an Overlap (railway signalling) is the length of track beyond a stop signal that is proved to be clear of obstructions, such as other trains, in the controls of the previous signal, as a safety margin.
- Overlap (road), a place where multiple road numbers overlap.
- Overlap add, an efficient convolution method using FFT.
- Overlap coefficient, a similarity measure between sets.
- Orbital overlap, important concept in quantum mechanics describing a type of orbital interaction. Overlap in molecules affects bond strength.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.