From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up overlay in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Overlay may refer to:
- Overlay architecture, "event architecture" relating to the temporary elements that supplement existing buildings and infrastructure to enable the operation of major sporting events or festivals.
- Overlay Control in semiconductor manufacturing, for monitoring layer-to-layer alignment on multi-layer device structures.
- Video overlay, techniques to display video on computer display.
- Historic overlay district, a zoning district that applies special rules to a portion of other districts, usually for historic or conservation reasons.
- Overlay plan, a method of introducing new area codes in telephony
- In gambling, an overlay is where the bettor thinks the odds given are too generous
In computer tech
- Overlay network, a computer network which is built on top of another network
- Hardware overlay, one type of video overlay that uses memory dedicated to the application.
- Overlay (operating system), replacing one process by another
- Overlay (programming), a technique to reduce the amount of memory used by a program.
- Overlay keyboard, a specialized keyboard with no pre-set keys
- Keyboard overlay, a sheet of printed text sitting between the keys, depicting an alternate keyboard layout
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.