From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up overshoot in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Overshoot may refer to:
- Overshoot (signal), when a signal exceeds its steady state value
- Overshoot (population), when a population exceeds the environment's carrying capacity
- Overshoot (microwave communication), unintended reception of microwave signals
- Overshoot (migration), when migratory birds end up further than intended
- Overshoot (typography) the degree to which a letter dips below the baseline, or exceeds the cap height
- Overshoot (combat aviation), a key concept in basic fighter maneuvers (BFM)
- Runway overrun, an aircraft landing which exceeds the length of available runway
- Overshoot: The Ecological Basis of Revolutionary Change, 1973 book by William R. Catton, Jr.
- In economics, the overshooting model for the volatility of exchange rates
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.