Owen Township, Clark County, Indiana
Location of Owen Township in Clark County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||17.35 sq mi (44.9 km2)|
|• Land||17.07 sq mi (44.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.28 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||718 ft (219 m)|
|• Density||56.1/sq mi (21.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453700|
Owen Township may have been named for John Owen, a county commissioner.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 17.35 square miles (44.9 km2), of which 17.07 square miles (44.2 km2) (or 98.39%) is land and 0.28 square miles (0.73 km2) (or 1.61%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township (north)
- Bethlehem Township (northeast)
- Charlestown Township (west)
- Oregon Township (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Olive Branch. Owen Township, Clark County, Indiana This cemetery is located near the Ohio River on Bowyer Road. According to the Owen Township Trustee in July 1997, this property is maintained by the Bowyer Family.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott, and Washington, Indiana. Chicago Printing Company. 1889. p. 11.