Oxaï Roura performing on stage in 2012
Oxaï Roura is a composer, a multi-instrumentalist, a singer, a film maker, and a researcher in the field of ethnomusicology... Fascinated by the ancient African polyrhythms and chants, Oxaï received instruction from traditional masters of music (such as Famoudou Konaté & Mamady Keïta). He also produced recordings and performed on stage, during the 90s and early 2000s, with a variety of bands in different genres.
In 2003, Oxaï Roura composed and produced his first single "EXU. Atabaques’n bass vol. 1" and his first album named The EXU Experience. Atabaques'n bass. Vol. 1. "EXU that was acknowledged by the Fundaçao Pierre Verger (Bahia/Brazil).
in 2004 Oxaï Roura created the Spiritual Heritage Orkestra. In this band, with the Venezuelan percussionist Gustavo Ovalles (ex-Omar Sosa), Roura mixed Afro-Cuban rhythms and electronic sounds. Roura produced a concert live DVD Spiritual Heritage Part 1: Secrets of Afrika (Live)" distributed in South America only.
In 2008 Oxaï Roura produced a solo CD called "Afro Amazonian Spirit (Naturosophia)". This CD is the first recording of a new musical style Oxaï created and called the Afroamazonika. This brand new style combines tribal rhythms and chants from Africa and South America with strange electronic sounds. Some of the instrumental compositions have been created as soundtracks for original choreographic (created by the Azamiah dance company and the Obatala association) and movies.
In 2010 and 2011, Roura produced Melanesia X. This album is the original soundtrack created for the "Well'Come!" show performed by the Posuë dance company.  The whole "Well'come!" show (Music and Dance) has been supported and rewarded by the A.D.C.K NganjilaTjibaou Center, and won the award "Emergences 2010" in New Caledonia! 
Oxaï Roura directed and produced the following short movies for Ma Afrika (Academy for African Survival Rebirth and Progress):
- 2008. Credo Mutwa’s urgent appeal to the world.
- 2009. Badiredi Ba Lemamoso project.
- 2010. Credo Mutwa’s new dream (Part 1 and 2).
- 2013. Songs make people alive!
- Electronic music
- Afro/Cosmic music
- Music of Brazil
- Music of Africa
- Michael Blake (composer)
- Omar Sosa
- Steve Coleman
- "Rosco il est Content". http://www.nouvelle-vague.com: Nouvelle Vague. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
Quelques invités sont aussi de la fête : François Chassagnite à la trompette, Oxaï Roura aux percussions, Chris Boyé à la guitare et Fred Luzignant au trombone.
- "Afro amazonian spirit". http://www.nouvelle-vague.com: Nouvelle Vague. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
Oxaï Roura invente l'afroamazonika.
- "A Brand New Sonic Experience Has Emerged Opening Ears And Doors Around The World.". http://www.mi2n.com: MI2N. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
Melanesia X and the Well'come! show (music and dance) has been supported and rewarded by the A.D.C.K Nganjila Tjibaou Center, and won the prize "Emergences 2010" in New Caledonia!
- "Melanesia X". http://www.prlog.org: PRLog. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
Featured on the artists for change website Melanesia X is thirteen tracks all under five minutes in length and categorized under the Electronic Genre
- "Carte blanche de la compagnie Posuë". http://www.adck.nc: L'agence de développement de la culture kanak. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
Well'Come, création 2010 – Novembre 2010, Festival Waan danse, C.C.T
- "Afro amazonian spirit". http://www.nouvelle-vague.com: Nouvelle Vague. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
Afro amazonian spirit est un album d'anticipation.
- "Official website of Oxaï Roura". http://www.oxairoura.com: Oxaï Roura. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
There is no secret concerning the correct way to play African music.
- "Oxaï Roura". http://www.artistsforchange.ca: Artists For Change. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
Oxaï Roura is a composer of new and very unusual musical forms.