Cobalt (video game)
|Developer(s)||Oxeye Game Studio
Fatshark (Xbox 360 & Xbox One)
|Composer(s)||Anosou Music (Mattias Häggström Gerdt)|
Cobalt is an action-oriented side-scrolling video game in development by Oxeye Game Studio and published by Mojang. It is in public alpha and is currently being developed for Windows and Mac OS X. A Linux version is planned for beta. In addition to the computer versions, a port is being developed for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Cobalt features several different game modes that are available, such as Capture the Plug (a variation of capture the flag), Deathmatch, TeamStrike (with one life each, inspired by Counterstrike), Survival, and an upcoming Adventure mode. Along with these features, players can create their own maps with the map editor in-game.
You play as the main character, known as MetalFace. Some key mechanics of the game include bullet time, rolling (to deflect bullets), punching and throwing. All of which a player can combo together to produce an advanced level of play.
Cobalt has been released in its alpha stage of development at the price of €9.95. Updates to subsequent versions of the game are free. The alpha version was initially solely available for the Windows operating system. A Mac OS X version was released on June 27, 2013.
The alpha version's main goals are:
- Local multiplayer
- Introducing both the singleplayer and co-op Adventure mode
- Introducing the level editor
In the beta stage, the price of the game will be raised to €14.95 and some large features are planned: A fully working level editor (and multiple editors), in-game level sharing between players as well as the Mac OS X and Linux ports of the game. Of these, the editors and the OS X port have been released during the alpha stage.
The gold version will be the completed game priced at €19.95. It will include tools for sharing user-generated content, a complete main Adventure mode, and same computer multiplayer.
- Reilly, Jim (2011-08-18). "Minecraft Dev to Publish Cobalt". IGN. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- "Mojang's Cobalt coming to Xbox 360, Xbox One". Gamespot. 2013-08-20. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Cobalt v115 Alpha change-log". Oxeye Game Studio. 2012-10-31.
- Oxeye Games (19-12-2011), "Official Cobalt Website". Cobalt Website. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- Kaplan, Daniel (2013-06-27). "Cobalt now got Mac support in v121!". Mojang. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
|This action game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|