Oxford International Film Festival
|Oxford International Film Festival|
|Location||Oxford, Ohio, USA|
The Oxford International Film Festival was established in Oxford, Ohio in 2007 by founder and event director J.C. Schroder.
Festival History 
The Oxford International Film Festival was created by independent film and event director/producer J.C. Schroder in the spring of 2006. Schroder is the owner and producer of Star Com Productions, a film and live-events production company. He decided to create an outlet for filmmakers and audiences in the Southern Ohio, an area with no major film festival.
The first festival partnered with the Miami Association of Filmmakers and Independent Actors (M.A.F.I.A.), a filmmaking collaborative of the students at Miami University. The festival also included regional, national, and international support. It has become the largest major film festival in the region.
It was located near the campus of the university 40 miles north of Cincinnati. The first Oxford International Film Festival took place April 5–8, 2007 at the Marcum Conference Center. It garnered public interest and media attention across the globe. The festival received 530 entries from 41 countries globally in its first year.
The festival helped inspire the creation of the Miami Film Association (the name stemming from the Miami-Ohio River, which runs through the region) as a non-profit organization to manage the festival. The Miami Film Association is also dedicated to supporting a variety of year-round community and student film programs in the region.
The festival is planning a move to the Savannah Center, in West Chester, Ohio, and held July 23–26, 2009.
Film events 
The opening night film in its first year was the US Premiere of Wrath of Gods by Jon Gustafsson, which featured Gerard Butler, Stellan Skarsgård, and Sarah Polley, which also won the Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature.
Festival news 
The Oxford International Film Festival was the largest international film event in the Ohio Valley region as of 2008.
The festival started out in Oxford but was scheduled to be held at the Savannah Center in West Chester, Ohio starting in 2009. The festival was considered one of the fastest growing festivals in the Midwest in 2008.
Annual Dates 
- April 5–8, 2007
- April 10–13, 2008
- July 23–26, 2009
- October 8–16, 2010
- Star Com Productions Website
- Miami Association of Filmmakers and Independent Actors Website
- Miami University Website
- Miami Film Association Website
- Oxford International Film Festival Website
- Greber, Dave (Tuesday, November 11, 2008). "International film festival moves to West Chester". The Western Star. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- Roseman, Candace (Friday, April 18, 2008). "On location: Oxford International Film Festival". The Oxford Press. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- Jones, Richard O (March 30, 2007). "Oxford International Film Festival. Get more details on the event". The Oxford Press. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- MovieMaker Magazine. April 17, 2009 http://www.moviemaker.com/festivals/article/25_film_festivals_worth_the_entry_fee_2009_20090414
|url=missing title (help).
- Oxford International Film Festival Official Website
- Star Com Productions Official Website
- M.A.F.I.A. Official Website
- Miami Valley Film Association Official Website