Oxnard Union High School District
Oxnard Union High School District is a union high school district for public schools in Oxnard, California that also serves the surrounding unincorporated areas of El Rio, Somis and the adjacent beach neighborhoods as well as the cities of Port Hueneme and Camarillo
Founded in 1905, the district is over 100 years old and it currently operates 10 schools (6 full high schools and 4 continuation high schools) with 2 more full high schools in the planning phases. There are more than 300,000 residents living within district boundaries, and the district employs over 700 teachers and oversees the education of nearly 20,000 students with an annual operating budget of over 100 million dollars. 
The current superintendent is Gabriel Soumakian, EdD. He was previously the head of personnel for the Burbank Unified School District. Previous superintendents include Bob Carter (2009-2011), Jody Dunlap (2005-2009), Gary Davis (2001-2005), Bill Studt (1993-2001), Ian Kirkpatrick (1990-1993), Bob Carter (1980-1990) and Joseph W. Crosby (1957 to 1974). El Rio, Hueneme and Channel Islands high schools were part of an ambitious building program funded by a bond measure passed during Crosby"s tenure as the district tried to keep up with the area's growing population.
Measure H, a $135 million bond passed by voters in 2004, to build two new schools and make improvements to existing campuses. The bond paid for two new swimming pools for Camarillo and Hueneme high schools that were finished in 2014. A new high school in Camarillo, Rancho Campana, is being funded through the bond and scheduled to be completed by the fall semester of 2015.
List of Schools
- Full High Schools
- Adolfo Camarillo High School, Camarillo. Serves Camarillo, Mission Oaks, Santa Rosa Valley and Somis.
- Channel Islands High School, Oxnard. Serves southeast Oxnard and Point Mugu.
- Hueneme High School, Oxnard. Serves east Port Hueneme and south central Oxnard.
- Oxnard High School, Oxnard. Serves northwest Oxnard, west Port Hueneme and the beach neighborhoods.
- Pacifica High School, Oxnard. Serves north central & north east Oxnard.
- Rio Mesa High School, Oxnard. Serves Oxnard north of the 101 as well as west Camarillo
- Continuation High Schools
- Frontier High School, Camarillo.
- Oxnard Adult High School, Oxnard.
- Pacific View High School, Oxnard.
- Puente High School, Oxnard.
- Schools in Planning Phases
- Rancho Campana High School, Camarillo. (Under Construction)
- New High School in South Oxnard.
- Hueneme School District
- Mesa Union School District
- Ocean View Elementary School District
- Oxnard School District
- Pleasant Valley School District
- Rio Elementary School District
- Somis Union School District
From 1999 to 2014 all the full high schools played in the Pacific View League, which was formed to comprise the Oxnard High School District schools. Previous to that establishment, Camarillo and Channel Islands played in the Marmonte League, while Hueneme, Oxnard and Rio Mesa were part of the Channel League. Pacifica High School joined the new league when it opened its doors in 2001. In 2014, Camarillo was taken out of the league and sent to play again in a new league formed from the Marmonte League.
- Obituaries. "Joseph W. Crosby; School Superintendent" Los Angeles Times 9 June 1994
- Leung, Wendy (February 14, 2014) "Cost to build Rancho Campana higher than expected: $58 million" Ventura County Star
- Leung, Wendy (September 11, 2014) "Rancho Campana High student application process begins next month" Ventura County Star