|Revenue||US$7.35 billion (2012)[note 1]|
Oyak Renault Otomobil Fabrikaları or Oyak-Renault is a Turkish automotive manufacturer located in Bursa. It is co-owned by Oyak (Turkish Armed Forces Pension Fund) and Renault. Oyak owns 49% and Renault owns 51% of the company.
The company originally manufactured various Renault models for the local and international market. Currently some models are exported up to 100 countries worldwide.
With an annual production capacity of 286,000 up to 360,000 units, it is the largest Renault factory outside Western Europe. The official car dealer network of Renault in Turkey is another joint venture known as MAİS A.Ş. The first internationally successful model of the company was the Renault Clio Symbol, which is currently offered in the second generation as the Renault Symbol. The newest Turkish-built Renault model is the mid-size classified Renault Fluence.
In addition to the automotive assembly, the plant operates its own gearbox and engine manufacturing. Currently they are manufacturing 450 different engines, 450,000 units a year. In the three-shift operation more than 5,900 workers are employed.
Past and present models
Renault 9 Broadway/Spring
Renault 11 Flash
Renault 21 Manager
Renault 19 Europa
Renault Mégane Grand Tour
Renault Mégane Sedan
Renault Clio HB
Renault Clio Grand Tour
Renault Mégane HB
- US$4.2 billion domestic and US$3.15 billion international.
- Ersoy, Ercan (8 January 2013). "Renault to Increase Turkey Production on Recovering Local Demand". bloomberg.com. Bloomberg. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- Öznük, Enis (17 March 2010). "Oyak-Renault bans entry of covered women in facility". Todayszaman.com. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- The Report: Turkey 2008. Oxford Business Group. pp. 138–139. ISBN 9781902339863.
- "Oyak Renault". securities.com. ISI Emerging Markets. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- Oyak-Renault: History
- Oyak-Renault homepage