|Location||Antalya Province, Turkey|
|Dam and spillways|
|Total capacity||676 000 m³|
|Surface area||4.7 km²|
Oymapınar Dam is located 12 km north of Manavgat Waterfall. It is an artificial, freshwater dam with a capacity of 300 million cubic meters. It is 23 km upstream of Manavgat town 40 km east of city of Antalya in southern Turkey and located on the Manavgat River which runs into the Mediterranean.
Because of the arch design, the force of water pushing against the dam compacts the dam and strengthens it. The weight of the dam structure pushes it down firmly into the underlying rock. This design is ideal for dams built in rocky narrow gorges.
- Purpose - Energy
- Embankment type - Concrete arch
- Storage volume - 300 million m³
- Crest length - 454 m
- Spillway - 2,800 m³/s
- Bottomoutlet - 350 m³/s
- Power - 540 MW
- Annual production - 1620 GWh/year
- "Oymapinar Dam". Internet Database and Gallery of Structures. Retrieved 2006-11-19.
- "Oymapinar Dam". Turkey Odyessy. Retrieved 2006-11-19.
- "Arch dam: Forces". PBS.org. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- Bilfinger Berger Corporate history animation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oymapınar Dam.|