|Directed by||Anna Reeves|
|Produced by||Anthony Buckley
|Written by||Anna Reeves|
|Music by||Stephen Warbeck|
|Editing by||Peter Beston
|Distributed by||Sherman Pictures|
|Release dates||10 September 2004|
|Running time||87 minutes|
|Country||Australia / United Kingdom|
Oyster Farmer is a 2004 Australian romantic comedy / drama film about a young man who runs away to the Hawkesbury River and gets a job with eighth generation oyster farmers. It was written and directed by Anna Reeves, and stars Alex O'Loughlin and Diana Glenn.
The film enjoyed some free publicity, due to rumours that its star Alex O'Loughlin was a finalist for the role of James Bond.
- Alex O'Loughlin (credited as Alex O'Lachlan) as Jack Flange, a criminal who steals money from a bank van to help pay the medical bills for his ill sister. After obtaining the money, he sends the money to himself via post. To avoid getting caught, he joins a group of oyster farmers under the guise that he's a citizen looking for work.
- Jim Norton (actor) as Mumbles, Brownie's Irish-born father.
- Diana Glenn as Pearl, Jack's love interest.
- David Field (actor) as Brownie, Mumbles's son and Trish's estranged husband.
- Kerry Armstrong as Trish, Brownie's estranged wife.
- Claudia Harrison as Nikki Flange, Jack's younger or older sister who is recovering from a possible injury or illness.
- Alan Cinis as Slug, a man who regularly annoys Brownie, Mumbles, Jack and the other oyster farmers under Brownie's command.
- Jack Thompson (actor) as Skippy
- Bob Yearley as Bruce
- Brady Kitchingham as Heath
- Gary Henderson as Oyster Farmer Barry
- Ian Johnson (actor) as Oyster Farmer #1
- Peter Johnson (actor) as Oyster Farmer #2
- Natalie McCurry as Pearl's Mum- An unidentified woman who is Pearl's mother.
Oyster Farmer grossed $2,383,051 at the box office in Australia.
- Oyster Farmer
- Oyster Farmer at the Internet Movie Database
- "Oyster Farmer". National Film and Sound Archive. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
|This article related to an Australian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|