List of Mahou Sentai Magiranger characters
This is a list of characters from the 2005 television series Mahou Sentai Magiranger.
- 1 Ozu family
- 1.1 Ozu Siblings
- 1.2 Hikaru
- 1.3 Ozu Parents
- 1.4 Allies
- 1.4.1 Mandora Boy
- 1.4.2 Yuka Yamazaki
- 1.4.3 Eriko Ikeda
- 1.4.4 Tetsuya
- 1.4.5 Smoky
- 1.4.6 Rei Mamiya
- 1.4.7 Dekaranger
- 1.4.8 Goddess of the Mini-Spring
- 1.4.9 Akane
- 1.4.10 Heavenly Saints
- 1.5 Arsenal
- 1.6 Magical Mecha
- 2 Infershia
- 2.1 N Ma
- 2.2 Infershia High Commanders
- 2.3 Vancuria
- 2.4 Infershia Pantheon
- 2.5 High Zobils
- 2.6 Hades Beasts
- 2.7 Hades Beastmen
- 2.8 Others
The Ozu Family (小津一家 Ozu Ikka?) is a family of mages in various proficiencies that battle the evil Underground Hades Empire Infershia with their magical ability to transform into the Magirangers.
These five children (three brothers and two sisters) lived peacefully with their mother, on the notion that their father died in an expedition in Antarctica. But upon learning the truth, their mother revealed to them their family legacy. Over time, they learn their father was a Heavenly Saint. The five siblings also receive the power to attain "Legend" form. The siblings were finally reunited with both their parents near the end of the series.
Advertisements for the series show that the first kata of the Ozu Siblings' names spell "Magician" (「ま・ほ・う・つ・ かい」（魔法使い） "Ma・Ho・U・Tsu・Kai" (Mahōtsukai)?) in Japanese.
Kai Ozu/Red Magician Magi Red (小津 魁／赤の魔法使いマジレッド Ozu Kai/Aka no Mahōtsukai Maji Reddo?) is the 17-year-old youngest Ozu sibling. He is a Red Mage, a wizard who wields power over the Burning Flame Element, and despite being the youngest, is the leader of the team. He's a sophomore student who's into soccer and fights a lot with Tsubasa. He's straightforward and impulsive, which often leads to him making mistakes, but he is also positive, kind-hearted and very brave for his age. He hates to be treated like a baby and strives hard to earn approval. Kai was barely an infant when his father disappeared, and therefore unlike his other siblings, Kai has no memory of his father early in the series.
He also took his mother's apparent death by Wolzard the hardest and swore vengeance for it before learning the truth that Wolzard was his father. At first, he was angry at Isamu for not being there for him long enough to remember what his father was like, as well as sad about the fact that his memories of him so far are fights between himself as Magi Red and his father as Wolzard, but later learned to accept him again. During the course of the series, he inherits many of Isamu's techniques, mainly his "Blazing Storm" and lives by his father's saying "Chance is something you make yourself." all along, even though he had never said it before his father returns to them. A year after N Ma's destruction, Kai becomes a liaison between the "Surface World" and Infershia. He also now dresses in his father's traditional Magitopian robe.
His primary attack is "Red Fire," where his body is engulfed in flame creating a Phoenix which burns any adversary it flies through. As Red Magician Legend Magi Red (レジェンドマジレッド Aka no Mahōtsukai Rejendo Maji Reddo?), Kai's Magi Bolt "Flares Up Flame", which is more powerful than Red Fire. In the special "Tokusei Magiranger Special", Kai drops his Magi Phone into the Mini Garden Spring while dueling with Magi Shine and the Goddess of the Spring asks him whether he had lost either a Silver Magi Phone or a Golden GripPhone. Both have different unique powers that are greater than that of his Magi Phone. He lies to gain the Golden GripPhone and with it, the ability to become Heavenly Hero KaiShine (Tenkū Yūsha Kaishain). As KaiShine, he is able to wield the KingCalibur (or at least a human-sized version of it) and wears Magi Shine's armor, with a red scarf in place of Magi Shine's flowing golden cape. However, he accidentally transforms himself into a duplicate of Hades Beast Spider and since he lied to get the Golden GripPhone, its magic is closed off to him, fortunately the Goddess of the Mini Garden Spring is able to use magic to restore him when he pledges to never be dishonest again and his Magi Phone is returned to him.
Also, In the Magiranger vs. Dekaranger movie it is shown that Kai carries a picture of Yamazaki-san, whom he is in love with, displayed in his Magi Phone when Ban asked him that if, in ten years, on the next Fantastic Happy Day, if they themselves would have families of their own.
He returns in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger to be the first past sentai member to test the Gokaiger and see if they are worthy of obtaining Magiranger's Greater Power, as well as tell the Gokaigers about the existence of Greater Powers of the past 34 sentais. He has matured noticeably and talks in a calmer and slower manner compared to how he used to when he was a Magiranger. He handed the Greater Powers over to the Gokaigers, acknowledging Don's display of courage to help Marvelous when the later is in danger.
After transforming, Kai says "The Burning Flame Element! Red Magician ~ (Legend) Magi Red!" (燃える炎のエレメント！赤の魔法使い（レジェンド）マジレッド！ Moeru Honō no Eremento! Aka no Mahōtsukai Maji Reddo!?).
- Special Attacks: Overhead Kick, Red Fire, Blazing Storm, Magi Bolt, Legend Fire, Fatal Blade
- Special Ability: Alchemy, transmutating an object into anything he thinks of, such as a Zobil into a soccer ball, a car into a huge mattress, and a backpack into a jetpack.
Tsubasa Ozu/Yellow Magician Magi Yellow (小津 翼／黄色の魔法使いマジイエロー Ozu Tsubasa/Kiiro no Mahōtsukai Maji Ierō?) is the Ozu family's fourth child at 19 years old and second born son. He is the second-in-command and a Yellow Mage, a wizard who wields the power over the Galloping Thunder Element. Tsubasa is intuitive, pragmatic, rational and smartest among all five siblings, albeit a little too laid-back and irresponsible at times, thus making him the family’s rebel; he bickers a lot with Kai and pays little heed to Makito's bossy nature, earning the ire of both his older and younger brothers, although deep down, he loves them both. Nevertheless, he is quite close to his older sister Houka, despite their vastly different personalities. Tsubasa also boxes and even coaches when not fighting as a wizard. He also fell in love with Rei in Stage 28 and refused to set her soul free because he did not want them to be separated. Tsubasa managed to save her when Neries used her soul to heal her throat, and even though Rei did love him back, they could not remain together because Rei was already dead.
By the end of the series he fulfilled his passion of being a boxer. Along with his brother in law, Tsubasa appeared in GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai when he was in a boxing match and Eiji shows up. Later on he along with Eiji, Nanami, Tetsu, and Asuka fight Chronos. He transferred his "Courage Spirit" power to AkaRed to power DaiVoyager.
His primary attack is "Yellow Thunder," where he shoots a barrage of lightning arrows from his Magi Stick Bowgun. As Yellow Magician Legend Magi Yellow (レジェンドマジイエロー Kiiro no Mahōtsukai Rejendo Maji Ierō?), Tsubasa's Magi Bolt "Rains Forth Lightning".
After transforming, Tsubasa says "The Galloping Thunder Element! Yellow Magician ~ (Legend) Magi Yellow!" (走る雷のエレメント！黄色の魔法使い（レジェンド）マジイエロー！ Hashiru Ikazuchi no Eremento! Kiiro no Mahōtsukai (Rejendo) Maji Ierō!?).
- Special Attacks: Yellow Thunder, Magi Bolt
- Special Ability: Potion Making. Apparently, Tsubasa can use this ability to anything he sets his focus to; in Stage 23, for example, he made a potion which, when applied to his fingertips, would give him any kind of manual ability, from playing the piano to performing difficult spells. He is the only one of the family whose magic usually always works exactly how he wants it.
Urara Ozu/Blue Magician Magi Blue (小津 麗／青の魔法使いマジブルー Ozu Urara/Ao no Mahōtsukai Maji Burū?) is the Ozu family's middle child at 20 years old, youngest daughter and a Blue Mage, a sorceress with power over the Shaking Water Element. She has a gentle, kind, thoughtful and caring, though she is also strict, somewhat demanding, and very capable of being violent when she wants to be. She is also a very good cook. As such, she acts as the group's surrogate mother due to her above-mentioned qualities, as well as because both her older siblings are air-heads.
She is a passive sort, listening to the others and holding her tongue, hiding her own feelings of hurt and distress until they boil over and she explodes (as seen in Stage 10, when she and her siblings overheard Eriko belittling Makito's feelings, she darted into the cafe saying she wanted to punch Eriko in the face; even though Kai, Tsubasa and Houka tried to restrain her, she ended up hitting Makito by mistake). Furthermore, a practical joke Kai played on her when they were children induced a fear of frogs, which she had to overcome to restore Hikaru to normalcy, she also freaked out when the Hades God Toad was chosen to carry out his Divine Punishment (she was both frightened and disgusted by him and his plan for his Divine Punishment for the surface world, which involves huge number of frogs enough to flood everything on Earth). Although she initially shows great animosity towards Hikaru, she eventually fell for and married him in Stage 47.
Her primary attack is "Blue Splash," which acts as either a high powered stream of water or a barrage of exploding geysers. As Blue Magician Legend Magi Blue (レジェンドマジブルー Ao no Mahōtsukai Rejendo Maji Burū?), Urara's Magi Bolt becomes a Water Tornado. In the end of the series, she stays in Magitopia with Hikaru with Magiel still adjusting to her living there.
After transforming, Urara says "The Shaking Water Element! Blue Magician ~ (Legend) Magi Blue!" (揺蕩う水のエレメント！青の魔法使い（レジェンド）マジブルー！ Tayutau Mizu no Eremento! Ao no Mahōtsukai (Rejendo) Maji Burū!?).
- Special Attacks: Blue Splash, Boiling Water, Magi Bolt, Fantastic Splash
- Special Ability: Divination via a crystal ball, however she cannot read her own future.
Houka Ozu/Pink Magician Magi Pink (小津 芳香／桃色の魔法使いマジピンク Ozu Hōka/Momoiro no Mahōtsukai Maji Pinku?) is the Ozu Family's second born child at 22 years old, oldest daughter and a Pink Mage, wields power over the Blowing Wind Element. She is cheerful flighty and forgiving, stringing along several boyfriends, and her catchphrase is "Yahoo!". She has a narrow focus, though, and can be a troublemaker. However, she also sees everything in a positive light and refuse to judge things by prejudice (except for the Infershia. Titan was the only exception), which can sometimes steer her into arguments with her older brother. She works as a fashion model when she feels like it. In Stage 5, Houka used a corkscrew kick variant of her primary attack. In the last episode, she thanked Nai and Mea for reviving both her father and Hikaru despite in the past that both of them gave them a very hard time, even temporarily turning her into a vampire in Stage 11.
Her primary attack is "Pink Storm" where she transforms into an electric fan and generate a powerful gusts that blows away almost anything in its path. As Pink Magician Legend Magi Pink (レジェンドマジピンク Momoiro no Mahōtsukai Rejendo Maji Pinku?), Houka's Magi Bolt "Blows Piercing Wind".
After transforming, Houka says "The Blowing Wind Element! Pink Magician ~ (Legend) Magi Pink!" (吹きゆく風のエレメント！桃色の魔法使い（レジェンド）マジピンク！ Fukiyuku Kaze no Eremento! Momoiro no Mahōtsukai (Rejendo) Maji Pinku!?).
- Special Attacks: Pink Storm, Magi Bolt
- Special Ability: Transformation Magic, turning herself into any form she can imagine - such as a VW Beetle, a soccer ball launcher, a big mailbox, a stereo, a pepper shaker, and a fishing rod - occasionally serving as comic relief, especially since these items are always pink. She can also transform herself into other characters (although in these forms she has a large pink bow which gives her away), for example in Stage 5 she transformed herself into Vancuria to lure the Hades Beast Mimic into a trap since it was loyal to her, and in Stage 46 she transformed herself into Hades God Titan to lure Hades God Wyvern away while the real Titan could make his way to the Lake of Slumber without hindrance although once Wyvern caught up with her and Makito he could easily see the difference and attacked. In Stage 23 she briefly transformed into Chopin, wearing a pink tuxedo.
Makito Ozu/Green Magician Magi Green (小津 蒔人／緑の魔法使いマジグリーン Ozu Makito/Midori no Mahōtsukai Maji Gurīn?) is the Ozu Family's oldest child at 24 years old and a Green Mage, a wizard who wields the power over the Howling Earth Element. He spent his life growing vegetables on his property, "Aniki Farm," and cooking delicious meals himself. He's usually a cheerful and loud fellow and moves at his own pace, but he does have a nasty temper and can get on people's nerves as he tend to force his standards on others. He tends to be a father figure to his siblings, although still recognizes his youngest brother as the leader of the team, and even though he sometimes seems overemotional and overbearing, he is truly the linchpin of the team; his determination brought the family back together after they lost to Branken, and when Shichijuurou cut their familial bonds, and his moral support allowed his siblings to defeat Wolzard when Makito had been afflicted with Mold. Hikaru's arrival initially leaves him feeling replaced both as head of the household and in the heart of his girlfriend Eriko, but quickly adjusted after discovering his unique strengths. He tends to be emotional at weddings as evident during his sisters' weddings.
His primary attack is "Green Ground" where he creates a ground shockwave by slamming his Magi Stick Ax against the ground. He can also summon vines from the ground to tie up an enemy. He now is expanding his agricultural knowledge by studying abroad. As Green Magician Legend Magi Green (レジェンドマジグリーン Midori no Mahōtsukai Rejendo Maji Gurīn?), Makito's Magi Bolt makes boulders go flying at any enemy. As seen in Stage 37, Makito can speak (surprisingly colloquial, implying a deeper interest) English, in which he gave directions to a foreign tourist.
After transforming, Makito says "The Howling Earth Element! Green Magician ~(Legend) Magi Green!" (唸る大地のエレメント！緑の魔法使い（レジェンド）マジグリーン！ Unaru Daichi no Eremento! Midori no Mahōtsukai (Rejendo) Maji Gurīn!?).
- Special Attacks: Green Ground, Magi Bolt
- Special Ability: Herbology. Through his power, Makito may "hear" the flora and fauna around him and borrows their power. In Stage 10, he uses his power to make the trees tell him where the Hades Beast chased Eriko to, and the nearby ones bent to the same direction in answer; this continued as he made his way into the woods, as well as smaller branches pointing when and where to turn.
Hikaru/Heavenly Hero Magi Shine (ヒカル／天空勇者マジシャイン Hikaru/Tenkū Yūsha Maji Shain?, 19-49) is the human form of Heavenly Saint Sungel (天空聖者サンジェル Tenkū Seija Sanjeru?), a Heavenly Saint who wields the power over the Shining Solar Element, having fought Hades monsters like Cerberus in the past. He was transformed into a frog as a side effect of sealing Raigel 15 years earlier only to be restored by Urara/Magi Blue, as only a blue mage's kiss can break the spell. After being restored, Sungel took on the name "Hikaru," given to him by Houka after the bright aura he gave off as a frog when the Ozu siblings found him, and took it upon himself to aid the Ozu siblings as their mentor in the ways of magic and comes to their aid when he's needed. Overtime, Hikaru began to develop feelings for Urara while giving her and her siblings the five rings of the Heavenly Saints that would deem their worth in obtaining their Legend powers.
Hikaru eventually manages to settle things with Memmy, Raigel's new Infershian identity, in a life or death "Duel Bond" while Bragel sealed N Ma. But learning of the Hades Gods from Memmy, with Snowgel revealing more about them, Hikaru attempted to force the Ozu siblings not to interfere as he attempts to fights Ifrit on his own so the surface world would not suffer the price if humans intervene against a Hades God's Divine Punishment. But yielded when he saw their determination, both as protectors of the Surface World as well as Hikaru's student. Later, after confronting Drake prior to him being chosen, Hikaru is assigned by Snowgel to learn from Kai, and believed shortly afterwards that there is nothing to learn from his student. He realized otherwise later and saw his error - his tendency to overthink things without taking action, while Kai always do something even though chances might be slim. As strategies were pretty much useless against Drake, he stopped thinking around and charges at Drake without much though, eventually managed to destroy the God after finding his weak spot. After N Ma's resurrection, he was given a vision of his death at the evil god's hands. Hikaru initially refuse to confess his feelings and accept Urara as he didn't want to sadden her further, but ultimately yielded as he recognized Urara's strength. He marries Urara before accompanying Isamu to Magitopia where he and his mentor/father-in-law were killed by N Ma However, he was soon revived by the Nightmare Sisters to fight N Ma at his family's side. At the end of the series he lives in Magitopia with Urara by his side. Along with Tsubasa/Magi Yellow, Hikaru appeared in the GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai movie as he and Smoky were trapped in Chronos' Dimension along with the Boukengers. He transferred his "Love Spirit" power to AkaRed to power DaiVoyager.
After transforming, Hikaru says "The Shining Solar Element! Heavenly Hero ~ Magi Shine!" (輝く太陽のエレメント！天空勇者マジシャイン！ Kagayaku Taiyō no Eremento! Tenkū Yūsha Maji Shain!?).
- Special Attacks: Prominence Crush, Prominence Flare, Prominence Shower, Prominence Drop, Prominence Shoot, DekaBreak Shinning Fist, Prominence Attack.
Miyuki Ozu/White Magician Magi Mother (小津 深雪／白の魔法使いマジマザー Ozu Miyuki/Shiro no Mahōtsukai Maji Mazā?, 1-2, 7, 43-49) is an ideal mother who she raised her five children alone after Isamu disappeared. She kept many secrets from them as Isamu had her promise, not the least of which was the truth about Isamu & herself. She is a very caring and sympathetic woman, even showing mercy to the Infershia. During the events of Blagel's sacrifice, Miyuki went to Magitopia to see Magiel, whom she convinced with her courage to give and her children the means to fight Infershia should they return to their world. Since then, Miyuki became a White Mage, a sorceress wielding the power over the Sparkling Ice Element. She wore white armor with a snowflake emblem on her helmet and wand. Miyuki was seemingly killed by Wolzard, but in reality, Wolzard momentary regained his memory as Isamu and faked her death to teleport her away into the Flower Garden of Souls as light, leaving only her Magi Stick remaining to have his children believe their mother was killed and be a motivation for them to fight Infershia. She later helped her children in spirit in various events such as when they battled Branken with Magi King. However, upon the awakening of Infershia's Gods, she was taken by Toad during his soul-hunt in the Flower Garden and was brought depths of the Kemono world's Briar Garden in a deep slumber until she was reunited with her children and defeated Toad.
In Stage 48, she attempted to reason with Dagon while Sleipnir was carrying out his divine punishment with her children fight him and Isamu and Hikaru fought N Ma in Magitopia. Dagon captured her and took her to the Kedomono Realm after she and her children were defeated by the two remaining Hades Gods but she was saved when Sphinx and Vancuria came to her aid and Sphinx destroyed Dagon. She returned and aided her family against N Ma in their final battle against him in Stage 49. She now lives with her children and husband in peace in their household.
After transforming, Miyuki says "The Sparkling Ice Element! White Magician ~ Magi Mother!" (煌く氷のエレメント！白の魔法使いマジマザー！ Kirameku Kōri no Eremento! Shiro no Mahōtsukai Maji Mazā!?).
- Special Attacks: Deep Freeze, Ice Arrows
Isamu Ozu (小津 勇 Ozu Isamu?) is the human form of Heavenly Saint Blagel (天空聖者ブレイジェル Tenkū Seija Bureijeru?), the ultimate warrior and champion of the Heavenly Saints who wields the power over the Raging Fire Element. He was well loved by his allies and family, and even though he was their greatest enemy, he was respected among the ranks of the Infershia. Blagel took on the human form of Isamu Ozu and married Miyuki but he soon had to leave his family when the Magitopia/Infershia war escalated. Before he left, Isamu had Miyuki promise him not to reveal the truth about their magic to their children unless otherwise the right time came. Once more a Heavenly Saint, Blagel went against Magiel's wishes and battled Infershia directly to protect his family from them.
This act resulted in Blagel sacrificing himself to have Lunagel seal the Hades Gate if he should fail to destroy N Ma before he could enter the human world. But within the Gate, Blagel fought against Beastman Four Kings of Hell and although he managed to do some damage (such as injuring Neries' throat and therefore disabling her singing voice attacks) was severely wounded by Zee the Yeti. When he was sealing N Ma and the rest of the Hades Beastmen, N Ma seeped his darkness into the open wound Zee made, causing Blagel to be transformed into Dark Magic Knight Wolzard (魔導騎士ウルザード Madō Kishi Uruzādo?, 1-34), becoming N-Ma's servant with possession of the Jagun Shield (ジャガンシールド Jagan Shīrudo?), which contained N Ma's right eye, and the WolSabre (ウルサーベル Urusāberu?).
Despite his transformation, Wolzard retained his courage and honor while seemingly killing his wife and frequently battling Magi Red with one of their duels shattering his WolfSabre and forcing him to forge a new one from Branken's Hell Fang. Over time, Wolzard began to piece his past together and began helping the Magirangers more and more, until his identity was finally revealed as the Magirangers' father. Meemy recaptured Blagel and turned him back into Wolzard, but Kai managed to permanently free his father from the dark spell. Blagel immoblized the Magirangers after N-Ma absorbed their Legend powers, as they intended to fight his plan of stopping N Ma from entering the human world. To prevent his resurrection, Blagel absorbs N Ma's soul into him, trapping himself in his Wolzard form as he hid out to ensure the demon never returns. However, Dagon uses the Hades Ultimate Gods to force Wolzard to aid his children, resulting with him tracked down by Dagon who has Titan defeat him before he personally takes N Ma's soul and kill Blagel.
Left for dead, Isamu was soon healed by Miyuki and joined his family to fight the Hades Gods in a new red-armored form, Heavenly Hero Wolzard Fire (天空勇者ウルザードファイヤー Tenkū Yūsha Uruzādo Faiyā?), by absorbing Wyvern's fire attack and using his newfound power to destroy Wyvern. After that he, along with Miyuki, went to seek counsel from Snowgel, knowing that N Ma's rebirth would bring disaster. He dueled with Kai once again in Stage 48, teaching him his Fatal Blade technique, before he left for Magitopia to confront N Ma in a battle which cost him his life. However, he was soon revived by the Nightmare Sisters to aid his family in destroying N Ma.
After transforming, Isamu says "The Ferocious, Raging Fire Element! Heavenly Hero ~ Wolzard Fire!" (猛る烈火のエレメント！天空勇者ウルザードファイヤー！ Takeru Rekka no Eremento! Tenkū Yūsha Uruzādo Faiyā!?).
- Special Attacks: Blazing Storm, Raging Storm Slash, Fatal Blade, Blazing Shoot
Mandora Boy (マンドラ坊や Mandora Boya?) is a young Mandrake the Magirangers met when they found their secret headquarters. Despite being in a pot, he can hop around as well as fly. He can even be plucked out of the pot, which, true to his species, will cause him to emit a deafening cry, though the experience comes to him as painful (as seen in Stage 3, when Tsubasa, with headphones on, did so). He has a tendency to end most of his sentences with "de gozarimasu desu!" or "de gozarimasu desu yo!".
Mandora Boy will often give advice to the team, particularly Kai, and introduced their individual abilities to them (such as Urara's fortune telling). He is very emotional and easily excited and tends to bicker with Smoky when he and Magi Shine joined the team.
At the end of each episode when a new spell is introduced on the Magirangers' side, he explains the spell's ability. In the Movie, he grew into a Beanstalk-like ladder for the Magirangers to go to Magitopia in order to see Magiel.
Yuka Yamazaki (山崎 由佳 Yamazaki Yuka?, 5, 14, 25, Movie, 39, 49) is the manager of Kai's high school soccer team. He developed a strong crush on her, though she fell in love with Magi Red, unaware that he is Kai.
In the movie, King Glum do Bridon kidnapped and attempted to marry her in order to bring his Hades Beastman Berserker army into the human world. He used the Puppet's Ring to gather the souls of humans in order to make her fall in love with him but before they were to be properly wed, however, Kai, as Magi Red, burst in and performed a powerful spell that broke the power of the ring she was wearing, and at the moment that they embraced, Yuka knew that Kai and Magi Red were one and the same.
On the last episode of Magirangers, she cheered on the Magirangers with the rest of the city to defeat N Ma. It is unknown what happened between her and Kai thereafter, as he had become the Surface World and Magitopia's ambassador to Infershia after the defeat on N Ma, but it is strongly believed that they got together.
Eriko Ikeda (池田 江里子 Ikeda Eriko?, 10, 21) is a haughtly, self-absorbed woman who runs a restaurant that Makito often sells his vegetables to. Makito is head-over-heels in love her, but she did not reciprocate his feelings even though he never argued with her. She gave him a small cactus (which Makito named "Petit Eriko" after her) and promised that she would date him if he made it sprout a flower. When somehow the plant sprouted flowers (dut to a Hades Beast having possessed it, which also made it grow abnormally overnight), Eriko was surprised and actually confessed that the plant wasn't supposed to do that, indicating she never wanted to date Makito in the first place. However, when she became attacked by a monster version of Petit Eriko, Makito sacrificed his life to rescue her despite what she had done to him. His passion and bravery furthermore impressed her that she eventually started developing an interest in Makito, eventually becoming his girlfriend.
Eriko also appeared interested in Hikaru when he and the Magirangers returned from their extracurricular lesson in the Marudeyouna World. Her interested in Hikaru further raised Makito's tension with Hikaru.
Tetsuya (テツヤ Tetsuya?, 15, 29) is a photographer friend of Houka's who she was about to marry after learning that he had the Solitary Confinement Hades Three Beast Skeleton's curse; however, once he was healed through the Beast's destruction, he and Houka decided mutually to call off the wedding - their reason being that it was better to have fun staying as friends than let life become dull after they marry.
His personality is similar to Houka and that alone tends to irritate Makito. When Bullrates made Houka lose her memory, Tetsuya tried to court Houka for a second time. Makito and Tsubasa made sure this wouldn't happen.
Smoky the Magical Cat (魔法猫スモーキー Maho Neko Sumoki?, 19-49, Boukenger vs Super Sentai) is Sungel/Hikaru's mischievous feline genie who resides in the Magi Lamp, which was found in the cave that was Raigel's tomb.
Smoky came into being from the volcano in Flagel's domain on Magitopia, causing trouble for the Magitopians with his pranks. He gathered piles of treasures until one day he opened the Annihilation Box. Though Sungel advised him against it, Smoky opened the box and was destroying him. To save him, Sungel sucked him into the Magi Lamp. Smoky was spared, but he can't last out of the lamp for more than three hours. Smoky can be released from the curse if he grants the wishes of others, but Smoky prefers to grant only one wish to whoever awakens him from his slumber, and only if he is compensated for his services.
When the Ozu siblings wished for Infershia to be gone, he denied their request, stating that the power the Infershia wield is greater than his own. He seems to have some limited magical powers as well, such as getting brief glimpses of the future and enlarging himself to help the gang out and by turning food into sand as a prank.
Despite being a goof-off, he is a capable fighter and once piloted Travelion (though he usually just shovels the coal). He sees Urara as a mother figures and bickers with Mandora Boy now and then.
He seemingly met his demise in Stage 48 protecting Urara as Dagon attacked her, but he was revived by the Nightmare Sisters to help Magi Shine for the final fight against N Ma.
Smoky returns along with Sungel/Hikaru in GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai, befriending Zubaan. Identifying the Magi Lamp as a Precious, Satoru and Sakura attempted to secure it as per procedure, but were stopped by Smoky and Hikaru and they realized that Smoky is to the Magirangers as Zubaan is to the Boukengers.
Rei Mamiya (間宮 レイ Mamiya Rei?, 28) was a popular singer known to her fans as "Reirei".
Tsubasa met her when jogging one day, mesmerized by her singing. In truth, she was killed by Neries the week before Tsubasa met her. Neries' throat was injured by Blagel fifteen years ago and so her singing voice, one of her main sources for her attacks, was disabled and thus she captured Rei's soul. Rei was forced to lure humans with her beautiful voice to Neries, who would take their lives to heal her throat.
Rei soon befriended Tsubasa, who was the only one who understood her. When the Magirangers found out who Rei was, Hikaru resorted to freeing her soul from the Siren, but Tsubasa didn't want to part with her. Rei was then kidnapped and absorbed by Neries for refusing to sing for her. Rei's soul created a remedy into healing Neries' throat, but Tsubasa managed to free her.
Even though Tsubasa and Rei loved each other, Rei told Tsubasa that they couldn't be together because she was already dead and Tsubasa still had a future. She disappeared into the heavens, thankful that Tsubasa was the last person who heard her song, her true song.
They meet in Mahou Sentai Magiranger vs Dekaranger. On the ten year holiday the Ozu family had - known as "Fantastic Happy Day" to them, they all ate at the same restaurant Umeko (DekaPink) was in, but they were suddenly attacked by an Alienizer. When Urara and Jasmine (DekaYellow) were captured, the two teams worked together to protect the Flower of Heaven that was entrusted to Miyuki as well as battle a former Infershian (now an Alienizer). Kai and Ban (DekaRed) did not get along until they finally realized that they both had the same goals: to protect families. Near the end of the movie, they bond over their mutual girlfriends.
Goddess of the Mini-Spring
The Goddess of the Mini-Spring is a shapeless entity who took the form of Miyki Ozu. Appears in the "KaiShine vs. MagiShine" special. Kai's Magi Phone falls in the spring she protects and she offers him the Golden GripPhone or the Silver Magi Phone. She is nice and concerned; however, she tends to repeat herself.
Akane (茜 Akane?, 41-42) is a former classmate of Kai's, and a pastry-chef's daughter.
Kai helps her bake the Christmas cakes her family sells every holiday season, and his determination to succeed allowed successful sales in spite of the disaster she accidentally caused when Kai and Hikaru went to help her.
The Magirangers' magical powers are drawn from the Heavenly Saints (天空聖者 Tenku Seija?), magical and holy entities. Their domain is Magitopia, a heavenly paradise created by the Five Legendary Magicians. It is said that when humans are able to obtain enough magical powers they can become Heavenly Saints themselves but then lose all memories they had as humans; this nearly happened to the Ozu siblings when they gained their Legend power and formed MagiLegend for the first time, but they were saved by Hikaru's restriction spell.
The Five Legendary Magicians earned great power, and were the ones that created Magitopia. They were originally humans who mastered magic to the point of becoming Heavenly Saints. They are composed of Flagel, Volgel, Splagel, Wingel and Groungel. These five were briefly seen in the movie emerging from their domains to greet the Ozu siblings.
Each Magiranger's power is drawn from his/her respective Heavenly Saint.
The fiery Heavenly Saint Flagel (天空聖者フレイジェル Tenku Seija Fureijeru?) is the Legendary Magician the Burning Flame Element, which is represented by a Red Magician.
The Heavenly Saint Wingel (天空聖者ウインジェル Tenku Seija Uinjeru?) is the Legendary Magician of the Blowing Wind Element, which is represented by a Pink Magician.
The Heavenly Saint Groungel (天空聖者グランジェル Tenku Seija Guranjeru?) is the Legendary Magician of the Howling Earth Element, which is represented by a Green Magician.
The Heavenly Saint Lunagel (天空聖者ルナジェル Tenku Seija Runajeru?, 15-18, Movie, 31-34, 47-49) holds power over the Serene Moonlight Element (冴える月影のエレメント Saeru Tsukikage no Eremento?). She was the last person to see Blagel who ordered her to seal the Hades Gates with "key magic", ensuring it would stay closed as long as she lived. As she was about to leave to Magitopia, Lunagel was attacked by Raigel, losing her memory as a result and becoming a human. By present time, after years of wandering, Lunagel is unknowingly saved by Kai when Vancuria finds her. Named Rin (リン Rin?) by Kai, the Magirangers managed to hep her regain her memories as Lunagel. At first, she had little confidence in the Magirangers' abilities due to their kindness and sought to destroy Wolzard on the notion that he was Raigel, only to be captured as a result. After Kai saves her, Lunagel realizes that Blagel was truly kind and Wolzard is nothing like Raigel. After Branken's death, Lunagel departed to Magitopia.
Later, Lunagel would aid the siblings from presenting to them Magiel to helping them master their Legend Powers. While curing those infected by Mold, Lunagel reveals to the siblings more of the events of fifteen years ago relating to Blagel.
In Stage 47, she appears beaten up to inform everyone that Magitopia was under attack by N Ma. She aided them in the finale. Kai considers Lunagel as another sister figure and still calls her by her human name, Rin, rather than her Heavenly Saint name.
The Heavenly Saint Chronogel (天空聖者クロノジェル Tenku Seija Kuronojeru?) is the creator of the Reverse Magic that influences time. Seeing it too dangerous for anyone else to wield, Chronogel places a curse on Reverse Magic should anyone but himself use it, retreating into a Marudeyona World and sealing himself within a mountain.
When Magi Yellow used a Reverse Magic spell to uncover an Infershia scheme, he was stricken with a horrible side effect, opening a chasm through his chest which sucked in time, appearing as a dark whirlwind. Hikaru sealed him with a barrier spell and took him to find Chronogel's Redemption Staff, the only thing that could spare those who suffer the Reverse Magic curse.
After overcoming the odds, and even Wolzard's mind games, Hikaru removed the staff. Wolzard, however, used it as a change to take out the unmoving Chronogel, killing him with a blast from his Jagun Shield. It is likely that Nai and Mea resurrected him after N Ma was annihilated by the Magirangers.
The Heavenly Saint Snowgel (天空聖者スノウジェル Tenku Seija Sunojeru?, 30, 35, 41-42, 49) holds power over the Sparkling Ice Element, which is represented by a White Magician, as Miyuki obtained her powers from Snowgel.
Snowgel is the most senior of all the Heavenly Saints and was the Five Legendary Magicians' pupil, with the power to unleash the dormant magic with a person. However, distraught from how magic brought misfortune from Miyuki and Blagel's demises and Raigel's treachery, Snowgel left Magitopia to dwell in the Marudeyona World called the "Lamentation Sea", its very waters coming from Snowgel's tears.
The Magirangers found Snowgel, in her guise of an infant, inside a giant fish and melted her frozen heart with their powerful courage, giving her hope as she gives them the Legend power. Snowgel later appears to aid the Magirangers against Drake, revealing her true adult form while giving Hikaru an important lesson.
Snowgel later aided them in their fight against N Ma in the finale.
The Heavenly Archsaint Magiel (天空大聖者マジエル Tenku Daiseija Majieru?, Movie, 48-49) holds power of all Magic. She is referred to as the leader and the most powerful of the Heavenly Saints.
She hails from the Heavenly Temple, the highest point in Magitopia, and is a Giantess. At first she refused to let the Ozu siblings borrow Unigolon due to the fact that Magitopian law dictates that only humans can deal with matters on their own. Magiel even admitted she frowned on both Blagel's choice to sacrifice himself and Miyuki's intent to learn magic. But after seeing the same courage their parents showed, Magiel allowed them Unigolon's aid and made a later exception on the distribution of the Legendary Magicians' power to the Ozu siblings.
When N Ma came to Magitopia in Stage 48, N Ma confronted Magiel, but Magiel sealed N Ma in an orb of fire called the Hollow Mirage. N Ma broke the orb and began destroyed Magitopia. Before Magiel was seemingly killed, she managed to teleport Lunagel away to the human world. In the finale, Magiel is revealed to have survived N Ma's assault by teleporting to the Flower Garden of Souls. A year after N Ma's destruction, she was still getting used to a human (Urara) living on the rebuilt Magitopia.
Because of their magical prowess, the Ozu have many items at their disposal.
- Magi Phones (マギフォン Magi Fon?): The Magirangers' transformation devices utilize the spell "Maagi Magi Magiro" (106) for "Magical Transformation!" (魔法変身 Mahō Henshin?). Before saying the spell, they usually say Heavenly Saints, Grant us the use of Magic. With the power of the Oath Rings, the Magiranger can cast the spell "Maagi Magi Magi Magiro" (1006) "Super Magical Transformation!" (超魔法変身 Chō Mahō Henshin?) to access their Legend powers.
- Magi Sticks (マギスティック Magi Sutikku?): The Magirangers' magic wands. Red, Yellow and Green's Magi Sticks transform into various weapons (a sword, a crossbow and an axe respectively). Blue, Pink and Mother's are the only ones that don't transform. Magi Mother's Magi Stick was also longer, like the DialRods.
- Sky Hokies (スカイ箒 Sukai Hōki?): Five brooms that transform into the Magirangers' flying vehicles.
- Red Sky Hoki: Magi Red's Sky Hoki.
- Yellow Sky Hoki: Magi Yellow's Sky Hoki.
- Blue Sky Hoki: Magi Blue's Sky Hoki.
- Pink Sky Hoki: Magi Pink's Sky Hoki.
- Green Sky Hoki: Magi Green's Sky Hoki.
- Magi Punch (マギパンチ Magi Panchi?): Magi Red's personal weapon, summoned via the "Gi Gi Gigiru" spell (883). The "Fire Screw Upper" finishing attack can be performed while wearing these gloves. Magi Yellow has used this occasionally. Magi Blue and Magi Pink have used the same spell to summon the Magi Punch, but instead were pom-poms (however, when using it in Stage 15, Magi Pink wore the same regular Magi Punch gloves).
- GripPhone (グリップフォン Gurippufon?): Magi Shine's transformation device. After inserting a Magi Ticket, he casts the spell "Goolu Golu Goludiiro" "Heavenly Transformation!" (天空変身 Tenkū Henshin?).
- Magi Lamp Buster (マギランプバスター Magi Ranpu Basutā?): Magi Shine's weapon, transformed from Smokey's Magi Lamp. Uses the Smoky Shinning Attack. A variation of the attack is the Smoky Blue Shining Attack with Magi Blue wielding the weapon. Sakura of the Boukengers identified the Magi Lamp as a Precious, even confirming it with the Accelluar showing the Hazard level as 258.
- Skarpet (スカーペット Sukāpetto?): Magi Shine's flying carpet.
- Green Muscles (グリーンマッスル Gurīn Massuru?): Magi Green can cast the "Magi Maagi" spell (01) for extra strength - his body becoming extremely muscular as a result. He becomes so strong that he can launch his siblings for aerial attacks. It was only shown three times, with the third time introducing a stronger version used by Legend Magi Green: Rock Armor. Summoned by the "Golu Maagi" spell, the user's enhanced body becomes bulletproof, able to take repeated shots on the same location.
- Magical Holy Staff DialRods (魔法聖杖ダイヤルロッド Mahō Seijō Daiyaruroddo?): Predecessors to the Magi Phones, and the result of combining the Magi Phone and Magi Stick. Each one has a rotary dial design with the numbers 1-5 at the top, and performs a Magi Bolt attack. When put together while casting the spell "Gii Golu Magi Bolt", the Magirangers can perform the "Legend Finish" (レジェンドフィニッシュ Rejendo Finisshu?) ("Family Legend Finish" when combined with Magi Mother's Magi Stick). Tsubasa transformed his DialRod into the DialRod Bowgun by casting the spell "Goo Magiiro". In the finale, Magi Red wielded both his Magi Stick Sword and DialRod in performing the "Fatal Blade" attack, a technique taught to him by his father.
- Fire WolzaPhone (ファイアウルザーフォン Faia Uruzāfon?): Wolzard Fire's transformation device, a red version of the WolzaPhones that utilizes the "Super Heavenly Transformation!" (超天空変身 Chō Tenkū Henshin?) spell "Goolu Golu Golu Goludiiro".
- WolSabre & Jagun Shield (ウルサーベル&ジャガンシールド Urusāberu & Jagan Shīrudo?): Wolzard Fire's weapons.
- Gold GripPhone (ゴールドグリップフォン Gōrudo Gurippufon?): The Goddess of the Mini-Spring presented a golden version of the GripPhone that can allows the user to make any ideal thing a reality. Kai dishonestly chose it and use it to become KaiShine, brandished the KingCalibur and trapping Hikaru in the Magi Lamp with a mini-Destruction Fire. However, after Kai accidentally turned himself into a copy of Hades Beast Spider when he started thinking of a spider while thinking of becoming the perfect date for Yuka, the Phone closed itself off to Kai due to his abusive actions with it. "Golu Goolu Goo Goo" is the Gold GripPhone's primary spell.
- Silver Magi Phone (シルバーマギフォン Shirubā Magi Fon?): The Goddess of the Mini-Spring presented a silver version of the Magi Phone that "brings peace, like the snow falling on the ground". Although Kai didn't choose it, it later reversed his own backfired spell that transformed him into a copy of the Hades Beast Spider and reverted to his original Magi Phone. Miyuki's Magi Phone transformed into the silver version in Stage 44.
- Tell-Me Theremin: An archaic form of tracking down non-violent Infershia activity, playing when an Infershian is on the move. It eventually broke down when it sensed Memmy.
- Oath Rings: Presented by Hikaru, said to be worn by the Five Legendary Magicians who helped create Magitopia. The rings powered up the Rangers' Magi Phones in order to obtain their Legend power. They also were engagement, and then wedding rings, by Magi Blue and Magi Shine.
- Heavenly Flower: This item is the center of attention in Magiranger vs. Dekaranger. A brooch Miyuki received from Magitopia, which every ten years would siphon all the love from the world unless in the presence of a "undying love". Ten years prior, Miyuki tried to give the brooch to Doggy and Swan to protect it from the wrong hands, though they turned her down. To that end, Miyuki set up Happy Fantastic Day so had her family's love can keep the Heavenly Flower in check. However the Hades Beastman Demon Aboloth/Agent X and Alienizer Babon were after it to steal love from the universe. The two teams finally got possession of the brooch and used its once in a millennia Blizzard of Light power to destroy Agent X and Babon with the Fantastic Strike Out.
When facing giant Hades Beasts, Beastmen or the Hades Gods, the Magirangers have many giant robos which they can control or transform into to fight them.
The Magirangers press a special code on their Magi Phones: "Maagi Magi Magika" (107) to transform into giant armored forms called MagiMajin (マジ魔神 Majimajin?); this is Great Magical Transformation (魔法大変身 Mahō Dai Henshin?). The Majin can combine into Majin Fusion Magi King (魔神合体マジキング Majin Gattai Majikingu?) when they dial "Maagi Giruma Magi Jinga" (1205). However, the Magirangers appear as what are best described as game pieces on a chess board. Magiking wields the KingCalibur sword that is used in his "Magical Climax" finishers, Magical Slash and Heavenly Magical Slash. Wolzard sealed the Magi King's spell and took its power for his own, until FireKaiser destroyed the seal.
- Magi Phoenix (マジフェニックス Majifenikkusu?): Magi Red's Majin Form. Wields the Phoenix Sword, which combines with the Mermaid Lance to form the Dragon Lancer, which Magi Phoenix wields while riding Magi Dragon (the Dragon Lancer combines with the Dragon Tail to form KingCalibur). During the SaintKaiser formation, Magi Phoenix becomes Saint Magi Phoenix (セイントマジフェニックス SeintoMajifenikkusu?) – a version of Magi Phoenix with gold in the silver areas, gold "Ms" across its chest and head, and a red crown gem in place of the yellow on the original. Forms the chest of Magi King, FireKaiser, or SaintKaiser. Attacks with Phoenix Spin Kick.
- Magi Dragon (マジドラゴン Majidoragon?): Its four components combine when they dial "Maagi Giruma Jinga" (125) on their Magi Phones; this is the "Magic Dragon Fusion!" (魔竜合体 Maryū Gattai?), Magi Phoenix rides it into battle.
- Magi Garuda (マジガルーダ Majigarūda?): Magi Yellow's Majin form. His arms, Garuda Wing, can be used as weapons in the Garuda Attack. Forms Magi Dragon's back, wings, and neck, and Magi King's wings and back. He can shoot lightning bolts from his eyes.
- Magi Mermaid (マジマーメイド Majimāmeido?): Magi Blue's Majin Form. She wields the Mermaid Lance and can fuse her legs into a fishtail for swimming in water. Forms Magi Dragon's tail or the anterior of Magi King's legs, the Mermaid Shield on her back combines with the Taurus Axe to form the Dragon Tail, while the Mermaid Lance combines with the Phoenix Sword to form the Dragon Lancer, which combines with the Dragon Tail to make KingCalibur.
- Magi Fairy (マジフェアリー Majifearī?) / Magiranger Ball: Magi Pink's Majin Form. She wields the Fairy Cutter and can turn into the Magiranger Ball the others use in the Magi Shoot. Notably smaller than the others (as tall as Magi Taurus' head). Forms Magi Dragon's head and Magi King's "sternum".
- Magi Taurus (マジタウロス Majitaurosu?): Magi Green's Majin Form. He wields the Taurus Axe. Notably bigger than the others (twice as tall as the average Majin). Forms most of Magi Dragon (body, arms, and legs; Taurus Axe combines with the Mermaid Shield to form the Dragon Tail) and Magi King (head, arms, and posterior; Dragon Tail combines with Dragon Lancer to form KingCalibur). When Samurai Shichijuurrou was enlarged, Makito finished him in one blow called the Super Aniki Special Crash.
Dark Magic Horse Varikion (魔導馬バリキオン Madōba Barikion?) is a horse-like Maju that serves under Wolzard. He appears from the ground when summoned by the spell Uu Uru Zazare. After Kai selflessly saved the creature's life, Varikion helped the Magirangers regain their Magi King powers by forming FireKaiser with Magi Red. But as Wolzard revealed, Varikion only combines with whomever he acknowledges as a great warrior worthy to unite with. After the battle with Slepnir and Drake, Varikion has not been seen again, so what happened to him after the finale is unknown. Forms WolKentaurus' lower torso and legs, WolKaiser's head, arms, back, and legs and VariJavelin (バリジャベリン Barijaberin?), and FireKaiser's head, "sternum", limbs, and back and VariLancer (バリランサー Bariransā?).
- WolKentauros (ウルケンタウロス Urukentaurosu?): Wolzard fuses with Varikion when he utters Uuza Douza Zanga. Dark Magic Fusion!" (魔導合体 Madō Gattai?). With Wolzard now purified, the spell for combination is likely to be Goolu Luuma Gonga. Wolzard joins with Varikion in its four-legged configuration, becoming a giant centaur. When Wolzard utters Uuza Douza Uru Zanga. Majin Fusion! (魔神合体 Majin Gattai?), Varikion becomes a suit of armour around Wolzard and becomes Supreme Ruler of Darkness WolKaiser (闇の覇王ウルカイザー Yami no Haō Urukaizā?). His weapon is a staff made of Varikion's mane and tail. WolKaiser is now formed by the spell Goolu Luuma Golu Gonga. Attacks with VariJavelin Dark Magical Slash (バリジャベリン魔導斬り Barijaberin Madō Giri?) and VariJavelin Dark Dark Magical Slash (バリジャベリン暗黒魔導斬り Barijaberin Ankoku Madō Giri?) while being evil, while under good it's Heavenly Dark Lancer Slash (天空魔槍斬り Tenkū Masō Giri?). He gained the power to form this combination from absorbing the energy of Magi Dragon's finishing attack.
- Friendship Fusion FireKaiser (Yūjō Gattai FaiyāKaizā): A combination, though only seen in Stages 9 and 18, that results from the fusion of Magi Phoenix with Varikion. Mandora Boy called this being a Phantom Majin because it is very rare. The spell used is (2105) "Giruma Maagi Magi Jinga!". His weapon is a staff made of Varikion's mane and head, using it in his "Fire Spin Braid" attack.
"Connection complete! Magical Iron-God Travelion!" (變結完了! 魔法鉄神トラベリオン! Henketsu kanryou! Mahō Tetsujin Toraberion!?)
The Magical Train Travelion Express (魔法特急トラベリオンエクスプレス Mahō Tokkyū Toraberion Ekusupuresu?) is a magical-train Magi Shine uses to cross any Marudeyouna world. Steampunk in nature, it moves by the various leavers and switches in its engine with a crystal ball and main control mechanism. It can transform into Magical Iron-God Travelion (魔法鉄神トラベリオン Mahō Tetsujin Toraberion?) when Magi Shine uses the Joint Magi Ticket for the spell "Goo Goo Goludiiro", this is the Mahou Transformation (魔法変形 Mahō Henkei?). In battle mode, Travelion can fire the cannon barrel in its chest for its Destruction Fire and Destruction Fire Reverse Spray attacks and from the funnel on top of its head Steam Bazooka. Travelion has two miniature trains stored in its legs, the Remote Liners, that can be used to bind an enemy. Travelion has also performed rapid-fire punches Piston Punch, and kicks in battle. The Head Train becomes the chest, the Rear Train becomes the head and body, Cargo Trains 1 and 3 become the arms (right and left respectively), and Cargo Trains 2 and 4 make the legs (right and left respectively).
"When the light and fire become one, the Holy Majin will now appear!"
Heavenly Fusion Saint Kaiser (天空合体セイントカイザー Tenkū Gattai Seinto Kaizā?): Unigolon becomes a suit of armor around Saint Magi Phoenix. His weapon is a staff made of Unigolon's mane and head. The spell used to invoke the combination is "Maagi Magi Giruma Jinga" (1025). SaintKaiser bares a remarkable resemblance to FireKaiser as well. The attack "Saint Horn Finish" involves flying into the sky and then falling back down again head first with his staff with the Unicorn head end. Blagel as Wolzard Fire also has the ability to combine with Unigolon called BraveKaiser (Burave Kaizā), but was never used in the series.
- Horned Sacred Horse Unigolon (一角聖馬ユニゴルオン Ikkaku Seiba Yunigoruon?): A Unicorn Majuu, he first appeared in the Movie and resurfaced in Stage 34 to help Kai try to free Blagel from being Wolzard. Unigolon appears to be a white version of Varikion with a horn on its forehead (in the toy, that horn can be removed to become Saint Magi Phoenix's Saint Horn). Unigolon used to be Blagel's partner years ago, and he saw a little of Blagel inside of Kai/Magi Red. Forms the head, "sternum", back, arms, and legs of SaintKaiser and the Horn Lancer.
Upon obtaining the "Legend Power", the Magirangers gained the power to become armored beasts called Majuu (魔獣 majū?) as well. Note that while the Legend Magirangers actually become giant Majuu forms, they essentially pilot the humanoid combined forms, sitting in what are best described as game pieces on a chess board. The fusion of Magi Firebird and Magi Lion is Legendary Fusion Magi Legend (伝説合身マジレジェンド Densetsu Gasshin Majirejendo?) when the Magirangers use the spell "Maagi Giruma Golu Jingajin" (5). Also known as the "Extraordinary Majin". Armed with the ScrewCalibur, Magi Legend performs the "Magical Climax" finishers, Fire Tornado, Legend Fire Slash and Final Slash. Also armed with "Lion Claws", which Magi Legend can retract for hands.
- Magi Firebird (マジファイヤーバード Majifaiyābādo?): Also known as the "Crimson Firebird". Legend Magi Red's Majuu Form when he uses the spell "Maagi Golu Majuulu" (3) on his DialRod. Forms Magi Legend's back and wings and the ScrewCalibur.
- Magi Lion (マジライオン Majiraion?): Also known as the "Lion of Four Colors". Legend Magi Yellow, Blue, Pink, and Green's Majuu Form when they use the spell "Maagi Giruma Golu Gogoolu" (4) on their DialRods. Forms most of Magi Legend (head, body, limbs).
A number of additional combinations are depicted both on the toy packaging as well as detailed in their instructions that remained unused within the footage of the television show.
- A combination of Magi Taurus, Magi Garuda, Magi Mermaid, and the Head Train of Travelion Express. In this combination, the Head Train replaces both Magi Phoenix and Magi Fairy as the chest position on Magi King. This is the only form to utilize the fold-out handles on the sides of the Head Train. A magazine promotion identifies this form as Shoot Magi King, although it is unnamed on the box and instructions for Travelion as most of the unused formations are.
- A combination of the Head Train and Varikion. This form is the only form to make use of a joint atop the Head Train, for the attachment of the Kaizer head.
- A combination using both Magi Phoenix and Magi Fairy in place of the Head Train in the formation of Travelion.
- A combination using Wolzard in place of the Head Train in the formation of Travelion. This is the only depicted form that uses the hinges on Wolzard's legs, allowing them to fold alongside the chest module.
- FireKentauros (ファイヤーケンタウロス Faiyākentaurosu?): A centaur formation using Varikion and MagiPhoenix.
- SaintKentauros (セイントケンタウロス Seintokentaurosu?): A centaur formation using Unigolon and Saint MajiPhoenix.
- A centaur formation using Unigolon and Wolzard.
- A humanoid formation using Unigolon and Wolzard. This form makes use of a new face on Unigolon's parts not used for any other combination.
- A combination utilizing Magi Taurus, Magi Garuda, Magi Mermaid, the head of Magi Lion, and the Screw Caliber weapon from Magi Firebird. In this combination, the Magi Lion's head replaces both Magi Phoenix and Magi Fairy as the chest of Magi King.
The Underground Hades Empire Infershia (地底冥府インフェルシア Chitei Meifu Inferushia?) are the main villains in Mahou Sentai Magiranger. They are from the Kedomono Realm at the center of the Earth, which was ruled by the mysterious N Ma. Fifteen years ago, N Ma created the Hades Gate to send his entire army to Earth, but was stopped by the Heavenly Saint Blagel. N Ma uses his agents to break the seal so he can conquer the surface world.
However, over time, some of the Infershians began to realize N Ma's insane obsession of destroying Magitopia and the Ozu Family was reckless due to needless deaths. Once N Ma was destroyed, Hades Goddess Sphinx took over the Infershia to rebuild their world and start anew with Magitopia.
Absolute God N Ma (絶対神ン・マ Zettaishin N Ma?, 2-34, 46-49) is the mysterious leader of the Infershia, going by many titles including Hades Beast Emperor N Ma (冥獣帝ン・マ Meijūtei N Ma?) by Wolzard and the Book of Prophecy and The Great Beast by Meemy, N Ma is a being of pure evil that is motivated by sheer malice and an uncontrollable hunger to devour everything in sight. Long ago, N Ma created the Hades Gate to send his armies to the surface and conquer it. After a fierce struggle, he and his followers were defeated and sealed away by Blagel. However, N Ma uses a "cursed reincarnation" to transform Blagel into his loyal servant Wolzard. N Ma contacted his minions via a white pool at the center of the lair, which turned red when in use. While his form was not entirely revealed until Stage 34, his appearance is of Lovecraftian origin. Blagel sacrificed himself once more to stop N Ma by sealing the demon's soul in his own body. The Hades Gods later managed to free N Ma from his new prison and he was resurrected in Titan's lifeless body, molding it to reflect his own twisted image: a skeletal fallen angel-like humanoid form. In this new body, N Ma could shoot numerous tentacles from his mouth and use his true power: absorbing all magic around him.
While he used the remaining Hades Gods to fight the Magirangers on the 3rd day of his revival, a fully powered N Ma went to Magitopia to personally destroy it and anyone there. Blagel and Sungel went to Magitopia to confront the Absolute God, only to suffer a painful death before N Ma attacks the Magirangers, taking them to the future that the demon intends to create: A world of pure darkness and despair. But the fact that one flower grew in such an area gave the Ozu siblings enough courage to keep fighting N Ma, with Kai forcing their foe to bring them all back to the present. By then, N Ma learns that Sphinx and Vancuria have ensured Infershia's defection from him, reviving Hikaru and Isamu in the process, resulting with both sides gathered against him. N Ma was finally destroyed when he attempted to devour the entire Ozu family's (including Hikaru's) overflowing infinite courage and magic, causing him to explode from the massive buildup in his body.
Infershia High Commanders
N Ma had two High Commanders that ruled the Infershia in his stead.
Victory General Branken (凱力大将ブランケン Gairiki Taishō Buranken?, 1-18): The high commander, though it seemed Wolzard was calling the shots at times. Once a High Zobil, Branken strove to reach his rank and sees that the weak had no place in Infershia and had a short temper, attacking any beyond his rank who displeases them. Branken was part machine, and had gears that moved and a standing horn that steam came out, especially when he was angry. He wielded the Imperial Sword Hell Fang, whose blade is forged from N Ma's fang, that his uses his "Hell Slash" attack. As he couldn't enter the surface world, Braken ordered Wolzard to steal the Magirangers' Magi King magic to ensure his entry to the surface, but when the plan resulted with Magi Red sealing Braken into Infershia, Wolzard refuses him and uses the Magi King magic to his own ends. This sparked a rivalry between them as Wolzard seemed to have left Branken trapped in the seal, and because of this they constantly fought amongst themselves. Once Lunagel was captured by Wolzard, the Hades Gate rises up and Branken manages to force himself onto the surface realm before the gate closes. Branken overwhelms the Magirangers until Lunagel was freed and sealed the Hades Gate. Both he and his ambitions were soon destroyed by the bonds of the Ozu siblings (Who were aided by Magi Mother's spirit and magic) with Magi King. Only his Hell Fang remained, which Wolzard takes for his own.
Sorcery Priest Meemy (魔導神官メーミィ Madō Shinkan Mēmyi?, 19-34, Boukenger vs. Super Sentai): The high commander who took over when Branken was killed. He wielded an extendable fan, which had a mirror that allowed Meemy to see what was happening on the surface world, but in the Duel Bond he wielded a Magitopian sword. Meemy is a coward by nature who would resort to dirty methods during battle to ensure his own survival. He was originally the Heavenly Saint Raigel (天空聖者ライジェル Tenkū Seija Raijeru?), the Heavenly Saint of Lightning who saw magic as a way to grant his own selfish desires and along with Sungel was Blagel's pupil. He betrayed his comrades by reporting their plans to N Ma, leaving Blagel to the mercy of the Hades Beastman Four Kings of Hell, and sealing Lunagel's memories after she sealed the Hades Gate. Sungel, who had learned of Raigel's treachery, fought him and, upon being turned into a frog, sealed himself and the mummified Raigel in a cave, an event which Raigel swore undying revenge for.
His lifeless body remained there until it was found by Nai & Mea, who took him to N Ma to be resurrected as a replacement for Branken. Meemy, seeing himself a vassal to N Ma, worked hard to bring N Ma into the human world with his clever planning. He eventually found a means with the Magirangers' Legend powers, which was temporarily successful. He was finally killed off by Hikaru (using Meemy's own sword) in the Magitopia Duel Bond, reverting to Raigel as his body dissolved into dust. His final words were of the advent of the Infershia Pantheon.
During the events of Boukenger vs Super Sentai special, Memmy was the first to be bought back to life by the power of the one of Gajah's Gōdom Engines provided to Chronos to and aid him in his plan. He teamed up with Chronos to fight HurricaneBlue, AbareBlack, DekaBreak, Magi Yellow and BoukenSilver and easily defeated them because they refused to work together. In the end, however, he was used as an ingredient to create a new Precious, the Staff of the Three Philosophers, that powered Chronos up. After Chronos was destroyed by 'Burning Legend DaiVoyager, so too was the staff, and Meemy along with it.
Phantom Spy Vancuria (妖幻密使バンキュリア Yōgen Misshi Bankyuria?): Infershia's spy, she is Queen of the Vampires adversely unaffected by sunlight and virtually unkillable. However, though she was immortal, her existence was a lonely one and overtime developed an ability to split herself up into the Nightmare Sisters as a remedy for it. As a result of her "special body", Vancuria was not constrained by the seal that kept the rest of Infershia underground and thus served as an overseer of her masters' plans. She had a bit of a crush on both Branken (Until then he tried to kill her for her failure) and Meemy (though she couldn't stand him at first). Vancuria also had some admiration for Wolzard as he helps her sometimes such increasing her abilities while pursuing Lunagel.
She awakened the Hades Gods when she discovered their lair, a veritable hummingbird in size when compared to the Gods in their true size. At Wyvern's insistence, she was spared by the Hades Gods so that she could serve them as a spy. After hearing Sphinx attempting to reason with Dagon and Sleipnir, Vancuria began to have second thoughts about N Ma. As a result, she went against N Ma's wishes by reviving Sphinx as well as those N Ma had killed. In the end, she joined Sphinx in the "new Infershia".
Vancuria somehow ended up imprisoned by the Zangyack in the Makuu Prison in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie.
Nai & Mea
Nai & Mea (ナイとメア Nai to Mea?): They are actually the split form of Vancuria, the result of Vancuria's attempt to have company to cure her loneliness. They are mischievous vampire-like girls dressed in Gothic Lolita attire, with Nai seems to be the 'older sister' as Mea tends to only repeat a portion of what Nai has just said. They usually combine back to Vancuria when they get serious in a fight. In their splintered form, the sisters use a variety of weapon from their Bloody Squall bombs to the signature weapons while powered up by Wolzard: the Exploding Turret Gun of Destruction and Dark Heavy Crossbow of Death. Their names together are the pronunciation of the English word "nightmare" in Japanese.
The Infershia Pantheon (冥府十神 Meifu Jusshin?), (also known as The Pantheon of Hell and The Hades Gods of the Infershia) are the final set of villains in Mahou Sentai Magiranger, the Infershia Pantheon is composed of the ten gods of Hades itself, giants who are N Ma's most loyal servants. When their master was killed, the Hades gods were revived to punish the infidels who defeated him as well as all of humanity. But as the Magirangers defy the gods, they ensure the eventual destruction of both surface and heavenly worlds as the Hades gods' deaths serve an alternate purpose in ensuring N Ma's resurrection. They were in a deep slumber within the depths of the Kedomono Realm in the Valley of the gods until Nai & Mea found their lair with the Book of Prophecy as they reawakened, almost killing Vancuria for entering their "sacred domain" until Wyvern vouches her to be their spy. The Hades gods all have one goal; to bring Divine Punishment (神罰 Shinbatsu?) upon humans while following a self-made code of conduct called the Dark Precept, using the Slab of Judgement to pick the chosen god to execute Divine Punishment with a Dark Aurora heralding their arrival to the surface, assuming a human-size form to carry out the punishment. Should they choose to play games with anyone, they must abide by the rules they made.
The Hades gods were divided into three tiers:
- The lower tier known as the Five Warrior Gods (五武神 Gobushin?): Titan, Ifrit, Wyvern, Cyclops, Toad
- The middle tier known as the Three Wise Gods (三賢神 Sankenshin?): Gorgon, Sphinx, Dagon
- The higher tier known as the Two Ultimate Gods (二極神 Nikyokushin?): Drake and Sleipnir (Infershia's Shield and Halberd).
The members of the Hades gods were divided, forming alliances with each other, each having their own agenda. Dagon, Sleipnir, and Sphinx generally worked together, Gorgon manipulated Drake and Toad, while bickering with Sphinx, Ifrit dueled with Titan, while Titan and Toad traded insults. Cyclops was a loner, and Wyvern talked to Nai & Mea. All intended and were successful in resurrecting N Ma, and most of them (excluding Drake, and later Titan then finally Sphinx) showed a degree of loyalty to him.
Hades God Ifrit (冥府神イフリート Meifushin Ifurīto?, 35-36) was the most fiery spirited of the gods. A fire demon who uses a club with a ball and chain as his weapon. One of the Five Warrior gods, he was the first Hades god Vancuria encountered, expressing rage towards her trespassing, as well as the first chosen to carry out Divine Punishment. He could evaporate any attacks he glared at, and was even able to withstand Magi Legend's Fire Tornado. To toy with the surface dwellers and instill despair, Ifrit lit a tower on fire that represented the time that the surface realm had to repent and beg for their lives before he would begin his Divine Punishment, and burn everything to ash. To be sporting, and to enhance his own enjoyment, Ifrit lit another tower on fire, saying that he would destroy the rangers before the tower was consumed. He also promised to tell the Magirangers where their mother was should they defeat him. Since the fire had died down as he prolonged his fight for too long, Sphinx passed judgment and declares that Ifrit must now atone for his transgression with his life. Dagon then threw his trident at Ifrit's image in the Slab of Judgment, thus killing him in order to maintain the Dark Precept. Before Ifrit turned to stone and blew up, he revealed to the Magirangers that one of the other Hades gods has their mother captive in "a garden of thorns".
Hades God Cyclops (冥府神サイクロプス Meifushin Saikuropusu?, 35-38) was the sharpshooter among the gods, a robotic Cyclops demon who wielded a sniper rifle with a bayonet. He was also armed with different ammunitions to has different effects, such as a red one that allows him to cause anything he shot to disappear in a cloud of red energy. He is also one of the most calm and composed of the group, reclaiming composure quickly even if he were to get angry, when this happens his infrared eye blinks and he strokes his chin to calm himself. He would have shot and killed Vancuria if Wyvern hadn't have stopped him from doing so. The second to carry out Divine Punishment, Cyclops challenges the Magirangers with a game of cat and mouse where they had to evade his shooting until sunset or disappear upon getting shot, declaring that the Magirangers will win should even one of them are left after sunset. He managed to take out Makito, Houka, and Urara by hiding in the mirror world and shooting through anything with a reflective surface. However, Tsubasa, despite being broken before the apparent loss of his sisters and brother, eventually wises up to the scheme and manages to sneak into Cyclops' dimension to defeat him with his DialRod Bow Gun and save his siblings. Cyclops was then killed by Magi Legend with assistance from Travelion. Upon his demise, Sleipnir calmed his unnerved comrades by commenting to them on how Cyclops was a fool for having underestimated the Magirangers.
Hades Goddess Gorgon (冥府神ゴーゴン Meifushin Gōgon?, 35-40) was the slyest of the gods. Gorgon used a mirror-shield, akin to the aegis of Athena, as her weapon and can turn herself into either a nāga or a giant snake to devour her enemies. She became the third to challenge the Magirangers after conning Toad into fighting the Magi Rangers, knowing it was her turn to fight after Cyclops after getting a brief glimpse of the Book of Prophecy relating to herself, intimidating Toad to in hopes that his actions on the surface would ensure that she won't have any trouble. When her turn begins, Gorgon scatters uses her shield to conjure forth snakes and scatter them so that when there's enough of them, they would bite everyone with Gorgon using her shield to turn the bitten to stone. After displaying her plan by petrifing Smoky, she forces Urara, Makito, Tsubasa, and Hikaru to fight her in her Marudeyouna world, "Gorgon's Garden", where she devoured them. She then went to the surface world to get the powerless Kai and Houka, both of whom, at the time, were trapped in the body of one another and unable to assume their Magiranger forms thanks to Toad's poison, but Sphinx cured the two, stating that it is consider to be a sabotage should one god interfere with another god's Divine Punishment in any way. Gorgon's plans began to fall apart as Kai and Houka freed their captured siblings and Hikaru from her stomach with a new spell. Gorgon grew large to trigger her Divine Punishment only for Travelion to incinerate her shield, dispelling all of the snakes she conjured before she is killed by Magi Legend, restoring Smoky back to his mobile self. As Gorgon died, she reveals that the next to carry out the Divine Punishment, Drake would avenge her.
Hades God Drake (冥府神ドレイク Meifushin Doreiku?, 35-42) was the most violent and hot-blooded of the gods, he represents Infershia's shield due to his impenetrable hide that covers his whole body except the back of his neck. However, Drake holds no loyalty towards N Ma or any respect towards the ritual of the Slab of Judgement. Drake's only desire was to go on a rampage and destroy everything on the surface as he demonstrated by destroying buildings when the gods revealed themselves. Drake is armed with a sword that can shoot streams of lightning and his hide allows him to survive any kind of attack unscathed. While Cyclops began his Divine Punishment, after an attempt to go in place of Cyclops, Drake learns from Gorgon where Hikaru was training and go to him so he could "play", since it wasn't against the Precept as he is not interfering with what is happening on the Surface World. Drake was able to withstand Travelion's attack with ease to Hikaru and Smoky's surprise, and overpowered Hikaru before Sphinx drove him away. While Gorgon carried out her Divine Punishment, Drake commented that he thought that she was his ideal woman and took it hard when she was killed, taking out his rage on the other gods before Sphinx chides him for his petty temper, resulting with a fight between him and Wyvern until selection was made for Divine Punishment, choosing Drake. Once on the surface, Drake assumes a more dragon-like form to blast the city into a wasteland with his dragonfire. However, though hindered by Snowgel, Drake was defeated when Hikaru discovered the god's weakness being the back of his neck where the armor doesn't cover, defeating him in a truly stunning confrontation. In his last stand, Drake battled alongside Sleipnir (who, at the time, was being used by Dagon to lure out Wolzard). He was weakened by Magi Legend's ScrewCalibur and was incinerated by Travelion's Destruction Fire.
Hades God Toad (冥府神トード Meifushin Tōdo?, 35-44) was the most gluttonous of the gods, also the most hypersensitive. Toad carries a hammer that also serves as a trumpet, which he demonstrated on Vancuria when they first met. He occasionally ate High Zobil from a bowl. He could shoot various poisons from his warts, such as a poison that switched bodies and a poison that acts as a "bone-melting" acid and could shoot large, explosive globs of a tar-like slime from his mouth. He could summon "Hades Frog" eggs in huge clouds all over the world, and had doppelgangers of the Magirangers in his game of chance. His hammer/trumpet had several different functions, such as playing destructive musical sound waves, conjure forth mounds of Hades frogs and could expel blue fire. Toad was also a collector of souls, unintentionally capturing Miyuki during his post-awakening visit to the Flower Garden of Souls and taking his "Rare-tan" into the Briar Garden within the depths of the Kedomono Realm with his dark aura hiding her.
When Gorgon forced him to go to the surface to deal with the Magirangers, Toad fought Kai and Houka and ended up accidentally switching their bodies by squeezing the wrong wart (as he had done to Nai and Mea moments earlier). Toad goes into battle with Magi Legend and Travelion but flees back to Hades as selection was taking place, though his actions on Kai and Houka gave Gorgon an advantage until Sphinx learns of this action. After Drake's death, Toad was chosen to carry out the Hades gods' wrath. In carrying out his Divine Punishment, Toad conjured forth huge clouds of Hades Frog Eggs in the sky, so that when they matured, they would rain down upon the earth in a Plague of Frogs, covering everything. Urara especially couldn't stand him because of him being a toad, to which he took offense to and brought to his domain. After they cheated in a game of his making, Toad fought against the Magirangers when they attempted to take Miyuki back. When the siblings came close to getting her, Toad used one of his tar-slime globs to destroy the brier container she was in and seemingly destroyed her as well, but the spell Wolzard cast on her there was in effect as the Ozu siblings restore their mother to normal as she freezes the Hades Frogs before Toad met his end at the hands of the Legend Magi Rangers & Magi Mother.
Hades God Wyvern (冥府神ワイバーン Meifushin Waibān?, 35-46) was the fastest of the gods, and in Dagon's opinion, the most talkative of the gods, as well. Arrogant, Wyvern wields a spear that can could send powerful energy spheres from his staff. He stopped Cyclops from killing Vancuria, he talked with Nai and Mea regularly, introduced them to each member of the Hades gods, and treated them the kindest out of the Hades gods. Vancuria developed a bit of a crush on him before long and it seemed like the feeling was mutual. However, after being seriously injured by Wolzard, Wvyern suddenly turned bitter from being easily defeated by a weaker opponent, lashing at the Nightmare sisters when they tried to come to his aid or comfort him. During the fight against Houka and Makito, he knocked Makito's DialRod out of his hand, then tried to kill him with a hailstorm of energy, but Titan intervened and took the blow himself. After making amends with Titan once they escaped from Wyvern (who was unaware that he was being spied on by Vancuria, who informed Dagon via fish-scale hand radio about their escape), Makito and Houka posing as Titan lured the flying Wyvern out of the forest and into the quarry. Infuriated, Wyvern proceeds to attack without mercy as two then backed up by Kai, Tsubasa, Urara, and Hikaru. He forced all six Rangers out of their armor with a powerful attack before using an even stronger one to try to destroy them, but Isamu showed up and absorbed the flame. Rather than go after Titan, Wyvern attempts to get revenge at Isamu, who had by now transformed into Wolzard Fire and killed Wyvern with the Raging Storm Slash after an incredibly short standoff.
Hades God Titan (冥府神ティターン Meifushin Titān?, 35-46) was the most muscular of the gods, gray armored with afro-like hairdo and no visible eyes. One of the Hades gods' most physically strongest members, he uses a double bladed staff, Titan abhorred the ideas of needless suffering and pointless fighting. When accompanying Dagon and Wyvern to seek out Wolzard to reclaim N-Ma's soul, Titan was even able to shatter the Jagun Shield with his staff, leaving Wolzard open for Dagon to finish the job. When chosen to carry out the Hades god's goals, he followed his Divine Punishment of using the surface electricity to create a large ball of energy that would fall to surface. This way, he explains, the inhabitants of the surface world would be killed instantly and painlessly, thus be spared of further needless suffering.
Houka eventually learns that Titan has a kind heart as she saw for his concern for life when a puppy came near him. Befriending Titan, whom she affectionately called "Afro-Kun", Houka convinced him to call off his Divine Punishment. Unfortunately by this point, Titan was chosen by N Ma's soul to hold his spirit for his reincarnation. Titan was then congratulated by Sphinx and Wyvern for that honor of him to sacrifice his body by taking his own life. However, his refusal to do such an act labeled him a trator as Wyvern pursued him, Houka, and Makito in a protracted chase to the Marudeyouna world known as the Eternal Woods. With Houka and Makito distracting Wyvern, Titan makes his way to the Lake of Slumber with the intent to eternal rest, thus preventing N-Ma's resurrection. However, before he could enter the lake, Dagon amushed Titan and killed him, thus allowing the N Ma to be revived in the god's lifeless body while ripping out of it.
Hades Goddess Sphinx (冥府神スフィンクス Meifushin Sufinkusu?, 35-47, 49) is the wisest of the gods, she makes sure the other gods follows the Dark Precepts and serves as the observer of their activities. Armed with the Lionic Blade gauntlet/bazooka, she encountered Hikaru after unintentionally saving him from Drake and asks his reason for protecting a world that is not his home, amused at his answer while warning him not to interfere. Eventually, Sphinx begins to notice Dagon's disregard for their rules and those sent to carry out Divine Punishment being easily killed by the Magirangers, whom she help only to make things fair and whose actions and passion amaze her to no end. When Titan is chosen as N Ma's vessel and refuses to lay down his life, Sphinx abducts Kai, Tsubasa, Urara, and Hikaru into her Marudeyouna world, "Sage's Night", in order to understand how they get their power to defeat the Hades gods in return for sending them to Titan's location, further amazed to hear their answer to be courage.
Upon N Ma's resurrection, Sphinx argues with Dagon and Sleipnir that they should spare the Surface World as it may be worth learning, though N Ma commands her carry out Divine Punishment in order to convince her that the Surface World and its inhabitants were of no worth. But though she was able to overpower the Magirangers single-handly and tells them that N Ma can't be defied, Urara's words convince her to cancel her Divine Punishment, fleeing to Sage's Night. She was then confronted and is attacked by Sleipnir and Dagon on N Ma's orders for abandoning her sacred duty. However, Sphinx survived the ordeal with Vancuria using her resurrection power on her, saving Miyuki from Dagon while being forced to kill him. She later held N Ma off so Vancuria can resurrect Isamu, Hikaru, and Smoky as well. After N Ma's defeat, Sphinx, as the only remaining member of the Pantheon, became the new leader of the Infershia, setting up an alliance between her kind and Magitopia as she begins overseeing the rebuilding the Kedomono Realm after it was wrecked by N Ma's power.
Hades God Sleipnir (冥府神スレイプニル Meifushin Sureipuniru?, 35-48) was the most reliable of the gods, he represents Infershia's halberd. A knight-like demon who wields either a jousting lance or a jagged sword and a shield, his breastplate is designed to look like a horse's head. Sleipner acts like a war-leader and an advisor in the Hades gods and boasts the greatest offensive attacks of them, his strongest attack being Ranging Spear Crusher, a spiral thrust attack. When the Hades gods first appeared, he effortlessly defeated Magi Legend with a single blow. His most powerful attack is the where he leaps into the air and spins with his lance facing forward in a corkscrew. Be later battled Magi Legend on Dagon's command during Drake's Divine Punishment, arriving on the surface world in his Hades Chariot pulled by Barikion-like horses until he is forced back into Infershia by Wolkaizer. He and Dagon confronted Sphinx because of her treachery and struck her, admonishing her for talking so much and having grown tired of it. Sleipnir allowed Dagon to finish her off. After Sphinx was taken care of, Sleipnir was commanded to take up Sphinx's duty, and complete the Divine Punishment by attacking the city to draw the Magirangers out and defeated Magi Legend. However, Slepnir is overwhelmed by a confident Kai knocking him down and shattered his shield, with the Rangers using the Five Fantastic Aerial Attack to kill him off. As Sleipnir died, he finally realized exactly what Sphinx said about how their power could not compare to the Magirangers' courage.
Hades God Dagon (冥府神ダゴン Meifushin Dagon?, 35-49) was the seemingly-invincible leader of the Hades gods who uses the Samukama trident as a weapon. Dagon trusts no one except for himself and N Ma, caring only about serving N Ma, and furthering his master's goals, and nothing else, not even the well-being of his fellow Hades gods seen when he killed Ifrit for failing to honor his rule.
When he realizes that something's array with the Dark Percepts, Dagon attempt to use his Marudeyouna World to find N Ma's soul, only to find Wolzard as the reason for his master's hindrance. After seeing that the Ozu family can't be underestimated because of their courage, Dagon goes against the law by having Sleipnir support Drake to draw out Wolzard. Once Vancuria plants one of his fishscales on Wolzard during the battle, Dagon takes Wyvern and Titan with him to ambush Wolzard, taking personal pleasure in mortally extracting N Ma's soul from Blagel and sending him to plummet to the fiery depths of a crevasse.
He also gave another of his scales to communicate with Vancuria, so that he had information on the situation with Wyvern and Titan, as well as giving Vancuria orders to make sure Wyvern does the job right. He ambushed and killed Titan so that N Ma could be reborn in Titan's body. With Sleipnir's help, Dagon slew Sphinx when she abandoned her Divine Punishment. Dagon was confronted by Magi Mother in the finale while Sleipnir faced the other Rangers, and fought her until the Rangers intervened. He attempted to blast Urara with an energy ball, but Smoky intervened and took the hit for Urara, killing him. He then teleported himself and Magi Mother to the Infershia lair, where he would enlighten Miyuki of "paradise" that is N Ma's desire. Dagon was surprised as well as infuriated when Sphinx arrived, alive and well with Vancuria at her side. Even though Sphinx offered him a chance to change his ways, Dagon refused and tried to strike her down again, as Dagon only desired the power of darkness and the perfect nightmare, but Sphinx shot and fatally wounded Dagon with her bazooka. As he died, he was left wondering whether or not the power of darkness was truly absolute as he originally thought.
High Zobils (ハイゾビル Hai Zobiru?, 1-36): Higher-ranked Zombies who wield either large spear-like staffs or whips and leads the Zobils into battle as a field commander. They can also control some of the Hades Beasts. While they first appeared in Stage 1, they first fought the Rangers in Stage 3, where the one they fought against and was beaten by the Rangers was killed by Branken as punishment for incompetence. Branken was originally a High Zobil himself. Toad occasionally ate High Zobil from a bowl.
Zobils (ゾビル Zobiru?): Corpselike soldiers who wield axes and follow the High Zobil. There are thousands of them in the lair. Underneath their helmets are their repulsive rotting skulls with maggots. In the finale, they are shown with builder hats building the bridge that links the surface world to the Kedomono Realm.
The Hades Beasts (冥獣 Meijū?) are the first wave of monsters that fight the Magirangers, send by Branken to kill humans in hopes that one of their victims is Lunagel, whose death would open the gate. The first three were naturally giant, but the rest were human-sized when first depicted. When these human-sized Hades Beasts are killed, Wolzard used a spell that resurrects the monsters and makes them grow. They emerged onto the surface through a Madou Circle.
- Troll (トロル Tororu?, 1): A Hades Beast the size of a two-story building, he was sent to attack the surface and play a part in the Ozu Siblings learning the truth of their family as their mother froze the beast with her powers and shattered him. Another Troll is summoned and was first destroyed by Magirangers with the Five Fantastic Kick. However, the monster later revived with the Magi King power Wolzard gave it prior to the fight, using the power to become Stone Troll (ストーントロル Sutōn Tororu?, 9), with powers similar to Magi King itself. It was just about to finish the Majin off with its own Magical Climax when Kai arrived on Barikion and distracted the monster. He was finally killed by FireKaiser and the powers of Magi King were returned to the Magirangers. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Troll was listed as "Troll the strong arm" and the Stone Troll was listed as "Stone Troll, strong as stone".
- Blob (ブロブ Burobu?, 2): A giant Hades Beast with a need to feed constantly who devours Kai, Makito, and Urara, only to sneeze them out thanks to Houka before the Blob was killed by the Magi Majin. In Stage 17, Branken was infuriated with the Nightmare sisters at failing to kill the Lunagel and attempted to feed them to a Hades Beast that looked like a purple colored version of Blob until Wolzard intervened. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Blob was listed as "Blob the Glutton".
- Worm (ワーム Wāmu?, 3): A huge, eight-headed worm-like creature (similar to Orochi) that could travel underground and attack on command by a High Zobil to eat humans. But once its tamer is killed, the Worm surfaces to run amok until it was killed by Magi Phoenix and Magi Dragon. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Worm was listed as "Worm the soil eater".
- Cockatrice (コカトリス Kokatorisu?, 4) A Hades Beast could turn people into statues which it eats at its leisure. Its wings resembled a pair of dragon heads. After it turned Urara into a statue, Kai used his sister's mirror to inspire himself in the next battle to turn the monster's attack against it. After forming a giant mirror out of the ground to reflect Cockatrice's petrification attack back at itself, Kai used his Red Fire attack and shattered the petrified Cockatrice into many stone pieces. Wolzard used his dark magic to resurrect the monster and enlarge it. This Hades Beast was the first to be killed by Magi King. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Cockatrice was known as "Cockatrice the feet scratcher".
- Mimic (ミミック Mimikku?, 5): An insect Hades Beast that is able to take on a taxi-like form. Its loyalty to the Nightmare Sisters was used against it when Houka took on the disguise of Vancuria and lured the monster into a trap she and the others set up, resulting with it being killed by Magi King. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Mimic was listed as "Mimic, the forbidden box that must never be opened" before sighing sadly in memory of their beloved pet.
- Fungus (ファンガス Fangasu?, 7): A mushroom-based monster who can shoot spore gases from its body at its victims. Those affected will suffer effects starting with a slowdown of their movement leading to a lingering death, whereupon they crumble into a pile of dust. Killed by the Magi Majin. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Fungus was listed as "Fungus, who laughs within the fog".
- Manticore (マンティコア Mantikoa?, 8): A Hades Beast that makes people dance against their will so that he could eat them once they were exhausted. He had a fascination with Urara and Houka, targeting their brothers. He was defeated by the girls when they perform their "Magical Sisters Dance" attack, later killed by Magi Dragon. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Manticore was listed as "Manticore, the Eater of Dancers".
- Specter (スペクター Supekutā?, 10): A Hades Beast sealed in a jar, it usually enters a person to turn him into a ravenous monster before eating the host from the inside out. But while High Zobil intended to have it possess a human it captured, the Magirangers' interference resulted the Specter possessing Petit Eriko, a cactus given to Makito by Eriko, a woman he was in love with. In spite of a different host, Specter uses Petit Eriko to eat humans before Magi King managed to extract the Specter out of Petit Eriko and destroy it. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Specter was listed as "Specter the possessor".
- Leech (リーチ Rīchi?, 11): A Hades Beast that is used by Nai & Mea when they posed as the rock band "Bloody Nightmare Sunday", sucking the blood out of people through its tendrils to turn them into vampires, while Nai & Mea hypnotized them. Nai & Mea's plan was to have Leech's vampirized victims stay and watch the sunrise, killing them all. Though defeated by the Magirangers, Leech was able to make itself grow giant. Once it was killed by Magi King, all its victims returned to normal. Houka, however, stayed in her vampiric state since she was not attacked by Leech, but actually bitten by Nai and Mea. Only when Magi Yellow managed to temporarily destroy Vancuria was the curse lifted from Houka. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Leech was listed as "Servant of the dark night, Leech", whereupon they suggested that they throw themselves another concert.
- Demon Gate Guard Gargoyle (ガーゴイル Masekigoei Gāgoiru?, 17-18): A giant Hades Beast perched on the Hades Gate and flew down from it and helped Branken in the unsealing of the Hades Gate, as well as protect it. Killed by Magi Dragon. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Gargoyle was listed as "Gargoyle, the tough watcher of the gates".
- Spider (スパイダー Supaidā?, 23-24): A Hades Beasts eats the souls that its master Belbireji provides to make a large bomb that Belbireji would then launch and explode into fireworks that would then destroy the city. Spider could also shoot poisonous needles from its mouth and could produce webbing to create webs and streams of webbing to swing around on. Spider was killed by a recovered Tsubasa when Belbireji shoved the monster in front of himself to avoid getting hit by Tsubasa. In the "Tokusei Magiranger Special", Kai accidentally turned himself into a Spider with the Golden GripPhone, only to be reversed by the Silver Magi Phone after he realized the error of his lies. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Spider was listed as "Spider the Soul-Eater."
The Three Solitary Confinement Hades Beasts
The Three Solitary Confinement Hades Beasts (蟲毒房三冥獣 Kodokubō Sanmeijū?) were stronger types of Hades Beasts, held within the Infershia Underground Hades dungeons where they were the sole survivors of a battle to the death against their fellow prisoners. As a result of being special cases like Vancuria, the three Hades Beasts can travel to the surface on their own whim and enlarge themselves without Wolzard's magic. Branken unleashed them to look for the "Key" to unsealing the Hades Gate so he could emerge on the surface and become the new ruler of the Infershia.
- Ogre (オーガ Ōga?, 13): The third strongest Solitary Confinement Hades Beast, wielded a long club as his weapon as he overwhelmed the siblings with his strength and speed, though he was killed by Magi King with only his club remaining. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Ogre was listed as "With peerless superhuman strength, the horned helmet Ogre". After Ogre's death Branken used its club to strengthen Ghoul by repeatedly and mercilessly pounding Ghoul in the stomach to toughen it up.
- Ghoul (グール Gūru 13-14?): A hyena-like beast with spikes on its back and metal boxing gloves, the second strongest Solitary Confinement Hades Beast. Wolzard acknowledged the monster as a warrior, for its Snake Punch where it extended its arms to strike enemies from a great distance, and its finishing move is the Megaton Punch where Ghoul assaults his opponent with immense strength. While strong, its weak point was its stomach as Magi Yellow realized before he and Ghoul injured each other and withdraw to continue the fight at a later time. Branken sought to strengthen Ghoul by striking its stomach ten-thousand times with Ogre's club, in order to give it Ogre's power and ferocity as well as ensure his stomach is no longer a weak point. Ghoul died at the hands of Kai using the new Magi Punch gloves, using them to fatally K'O Ghoul with a super flaming punch. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Ghoul was listed as "Ghoul with the Giant arms".
- Skeleton (スケルトン Sukeruton?, 13-15): The strongest of the Three Solitary Confinement Hades Beasts, armed with a spiked staff, Skeleton uses his "Red Skull Curse" attack to make people he encounters vanish in thin air within a matter of time while he siphons their life-force. He was unable to be tracked normally like other Infershians except with the Tell-Me Thermin. He could reassemble himself by using his red skull when he is blown apart. Though he was killed by Magi King's Magical Storm, Skeleton managed to find the "Key", Rin/Lunagel, with Vancuria's aid. When Nai & Mea were reading from the Book of Prophecy, Skeleton was listed as "Red Skulled Skeleton".
The Hades Beastmen (冥獣人 Meijūjin?) were originally humans in life who sold their souls to N Ma, and were more powerful and intelligent than ordinary Hades Beasts. They had been sealed away by Blagel but were set free by Meemy, bond to serve him as commanded by the Dark Contract to sacrifice many humans so that N Ma could be revived. While most were enlarged by Meemy, Peewee and Bullrates were enlarged by Vancuria using the WolzaPhones.
- Gremlin Garim (グレムリンガリム Guremurin Garimu?, 20): The first of the Hades Beastmen to be revived by Memmy. Being of the Gremlin Beastmen who love making mischief, Garmin befriended Nai and Nea in the past and occasionally spoke French. Garimin is sent to the surface with a madou item, the Calamity Loving Pen to cause chaos while aiding in N Ma's resurrection by using the extracted fear from his victims as ink for his pen that he used to make a giant Madou Circle (similar to Wolzard's Madou Symbols) to sacrifice every human within it. He used a large red mallet, Hell Hammer and had a scissor-like gauntlet. He could also remove his hand to play pranks and his arms functioned like a pair of stretchy accordions, could expel blue electricity from his mouth and could disappear and reappear from the ground at will. He was killed by Hikaru. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Garim was listed as "The Mischievous Artist, Gremlin Garim" even modeled after an instrument[disambiguation needed].
- Behemoth Beldan (ベヒモスベルダン Behimosu Berudan?, 21): A Hades Beastman sent to cause earthquakes, he uses a hammer and spike to strike a precise spot. He was the first to be killed by Travelion. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Beldan was listed as "The Instinctual crusher, Behemoth Beldan". He is modeled after an elephant.
- Ninja Kirikage (ニンジャキリカゲ Ninja Kirikage?, 22): A master of the art of invisibility and Ninpou. He wielded two katanas and used ninja Zobils and a giant fire-breathing frog "Ninpou giant comrade". He kidnapped Houka and brought her to his palace, where he used a device to keep the Rangers from using their magic, until Houka destroyed the device. Could make himself grow giant (by saying "Ninpou! Big Body!"). He was killed by Travelion. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Kirikage was listed as "Hidden from the people, hidden from the world, the shadow Hades Beastman Shadow Ninja Kirikage" even modeled after a pelican.
- Incubus Belbireji (インキュバスベルビレジ Meijujin Inkyubasu Berubireji?, 23-24): A Hades Beastman was is a brutal, mean lady-killer, Belbireji seems to have once had a romantic relationship with Vancuria which ended very badly. Belbireji had his own pet Hades Beast, Spider, who was also his helper. He could suck the souls out of his victims and transfer them into Spider's body so it could use them as energy for a soul bomb attack. He also seemed to have the ability to vex victims by separating their souls from their bodies and kissing them, as he demonstrated on Urara and Houka, causing them to think Kai and Makito were the Incubus and Spider. He met his end at Magi King's hands. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Belbireji was listed as "The Maestro of Corruption, Incubus Belbireji" and then exclaimed that he was scum even modeled after a crow.
- Thief Gaston (シーフガストン Shīfu Gasuton?, 25): Hades Beastman that stole Kai's courage and the ticket Hikaru uses to summon Travelion. He was then ordered to use some of the other items he had stolen to make the "Important Item Dynamite" which was supposed to blow up the surface world by causing the cherished items of the humans to explode once it was detonated. Kai soon rejoined his siblings as he regained his courage to form Magi King, while Hikaru regained control of Travelion from Nai & Mea, killing Gaston with it. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Gaston was listed as "The Sturm und Drang great robber, Thief Gaston"even modeled after a wildcat.
- Harpy Peewee (ピーウィーハーピー Hāpī Pīwī?, 26): A blue-bird like Hades "Beastwoman" known as the "Monster Bird of Terror", Peewee is summoned by the Nightmare Sisters to use her voice to cause hunger pains in people to manifest as deadly worms ("harpy bugs"), whose sharp beaks would allow them to burst open their hosts. She was known as the "Monster Bird of Terror". Peewee refers to herself in the 3rd person. Apparently, Peewee's powers stemmed from her beak, seeing as she found herself unable to unleash her devastating cry once Smoky broke it in battle. She was defeated by Urara and Smoky's "Smoky Blue Shining Attack" and killed by Magi King and Travelion. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Peewee was listed as "The Terrifying demon bird, Harpy Peewee".
Glúm do Bridon
Berserker Glúm do Bridon (バーサーカー・グルーム・ド・ブライドン Bāsākā Gurūmu do Buraidon?) is the King of the Hades Beastman Berserkers (冥獣人バーサーカー Meijūjin Bāsākā?), the strongest species of Infershia's warriors. Seeking battle even in death, their undying soul cling to King's armor. As Infershian legends say, should the King of the Hades Beastman Berserkers and a pure-hearted human girl marry, all the spirits trapped in the armor would be resurrected into the world. Glúm kidnapped Yuka Yamazaki to be his bride in order to bring his army of Hades Beastman Berserkers into the world. He used the Puppet's Ring that absorbed the souls of humans to put Yuka under his control and make her love him. He wore a helmet that concealed his hideous face. As the type of Hades Beastman he is, once he becomes enraged, spikes shoot out from his armor, even from his face plate and his strength and defense doubles. During the wedding, he wore a cape. He wielded a glaive that could also turn into a sword or gun. His marriage would have been successful, if Kai hadn't intervened. Overpowered by the Magiranger, Glúm allows Living Sword to eat him to merge into his pet to become the scorpion-centaur Hades Beast Fusion Sword of Glúm (冥獣合体ソード・オブ・グルーム Meijū Gattai Sōdo Obu Gurūmu?) prior to being destroyed by SaintKaiser with Magi Dragon and Travelion's aid.
- Ultra Hades Beast Living Sword (超冥獣リビングソード Chōmeijū Ribingu Sōdo?) is Glúm do Bridon's personal Hades Beast, whose composed of many metallic spikes and blades. First summoned, Living Sword defeats Magi King and is later summoned to consume its master as he merged them into the Sword of Glúm.
The Hades Beastman Four Hellish Kings
The Hades Beastman Four Hellish Kings (冥獣人四底王 Meijūjin Shiteiō?, 27-31, 33) were the most evil and powerful of the Hades Beastmen, they were the ones who defeated Blagel 15 years ago although they themselves were sealed away with the other Hades Beastmen. Meemy summoned the four in an attempt to placate a violently impatient N Ma. Wolzard "welcomed" them, though seemingly unaware of his true first meeting with them (though he may have had a sliver of memory of them, as seen when he was rubbed the wrong way by Shichijuurou's rudeness). Their debut, namely their battle with Zee the Yeti, marked the Magi Rangers obtaining the "Legend" power.
- Samurai Shichijuurou (サムライシチジューロー Samurai Shichijūrō?, 27): Though the weakest of the four, Shichijuurou's blade has the ability to turn the best of friends and family members into hated enemies and constantly drinks sake from his gourd claiming it was the source of his powers (he even fled his first battle against the Magirangers due to him running out of sake), which tended to irritate Bullrates. His sword seems to have dials that allow him to amplify the strength of his slashes. He used his power on the four younger Ozu siblings, severing their familial bonds (to the point that all of them moved out of the Ozu household temporarily, except for Kai, since apartments cannot be rented by high school students in Japan), but Makito's passion for his younger brothers and sisters eventually broke the curse. Shichijuurou's body was destroyed by Magi Taurus, but the spirit of his sword (his "true form," he claims) possessed Makito until Hikaru destroyed it. When he was defeated, Bulrates' collected his powers and spirit in his BullStick and later transferred them to Zee. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Shichijuurou was listed as "The cursed, blood blade, Samurai Shichijuurou".
- Siren Neries (セイレーンネリエス Seirēn Neriesu?, 27-28): The only female member, a mistress of song-based attacks who can manipulate silk cloth as a weapon, a rival/friend of Vancuria's. When she fought Blagel in the Hades Gate, he injured her throat and thus she was unable to use her singing attacks anymore. The 3rd most powerful of the four, she used the deceased singer Rei to gather the souls for her to consume in order for her to heal her throat. But when Rei refused to help anymore, Neriesu consumed her as punishment for her betrayal, as well as to fully heal her throat. Tsubasa managed to free Rei from Neries in a similar fashion the Ozu siblings did to extract Specter from Petit Eriko before the "Beastwoman" was killed by Hikaru, Urara, Houka, Makito, and Kai's "Wonderful Shining Attack". After that, Bulrates collected Neries' powers with his BullStick and later transferred it to Zee. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Neries was listed as "The singing genocidal princess, Siren Neries".
- Yeti Zee (イエティズィー Ieti Zī?, 27-30, 33): The leader and most powerful, Zee wears a hockey mask and carries a hockey stick-staff. It is said that the only one stronger than he is the Heavenly Saint Blagel himself. During the great battle between Magitopia's and Infershia's forces fifteen years ago, it was Zee who had given Blagel the wound that N Ma would use to seep his darkness in to cause him to become Wolzard. He and Bullrates created his Evil Ice, the "The Devil's Glacier", which would grow big enough to suck out souls of humans and secrete a fluid that would freeze everything it touched, eventually freezing the entire world. Zee was temporarily powered up by the souls of Shichijuurou and Neries from Bulrates' staff, thus enabling him to use their skills such as transforming his hockey stick into Shichijuurou's katana and summoning Neries' ensnares, although Zee was so confident of his own power he felt it unnecessary. He was a master of ice attacks such as the "Devil Shoot" where he would use his hockey stick to bat large chunks of ice at the Magiranger and the Devil Blizzard where he would send a blast of freezing air at them. He was killed by the Legend Magi Rangers when they blasted Zee into the Evil Ice, which caused both Zee and the Evil Ice to shatter. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Zee was listed as "The strongest among the Hades Beastmen, Zee the Yeti".
- Kobold Bullrates (コボルトブルラテス Koboruto Bururatesu?, 27-31) is the 2nd most powerful of the four, possessing a bubble blower-like staff ("BullStick") that absorbed the spirits of Shichijurou and Neries. Bullrates was apparently over 300 years old. Bullrates could also create bubbles and boulders with the staff. Also it was revealed that when Shichijuurou offered him some of his sake, he refused, saying he didn't trust people who drank sake. He caused Houka to keep losing her memory of the previous year after every thirty minutes after she saw Bullrates and Zee creating their Evil Ice. Bullrates also endowed Zee with the powers of the other Kings. Bullrates' staff was broken by a powered up the Magi King slash, but Meemy restored it, as well as imbuing Bullrates with power and youth. Even though he was empowered, he was easily defeated and killed by Legend Magirangers. Meemy managed to transport Bullrates's soul to a Marudeyouna world that held Hades Machine Golem as part of a forbidden ritual. Meemy revealed that the ritual needed an ancient soul that was at least 300 years old to resurrect the Golem from its rest and thus used Bullrates' soul to do just that. Unfortunately for Bullrates, it was destroyed later by Magi Legend. When Nai & Mea read from the Book of Prophecy, Bullrates was listed as "The sage of hell, Bullrates of the Kobold".
Originally called the Hades Beastman Demon Abollos (デーモンアボロス Dēmon Aborosu?, Magiranger vs. Dekaranger), he left Infershia to become an Alienizer and renamed himself Agent X (エージェントX Ējento Ekkusu?), returning to Earth in the events of Magiranger vs. Dekaranger. He wielded two swords and could shoot lightning from his eyes. He learned the merchant teachings of the slain Agent Abrella and aspired to follow in his footsteps as his apprentice and successor, using Abrella's connections to commit horrible yet unexplainable crimes, one of which involved the death of a Chanbenarian family. His catchphrase seems to be "I make no mistakes" as he keeps saying that line. He was working with the Alienizer Babon, who had Infersia Madou Crest on his chest, to fulfill his conquest. Agent X held Urara and Jasmine hostage in the Kedomono Realm, until he got the Flower of Heaven in order to power up Abotrex (アボトレックス Abotorekkusu?) so that it could extract all the love from the world so it could become a hellish wasteland filled with only misery, hatred, and slaughter. When the Rangers came to rescue Urara and Jasmine at the Mountain of Screams in the Marudeyouna Worlds, Agent X defeated the Rangers and stole the Flower of Heaven. Agent X and Babon then powered up Abotrex, and were about to destroy all love on the planet with it, when the Rangers destroyed it with a combined mecha attack. Legend Magi Red and the Deka Red Battlizer beat him with the Double Red Fire Finish. Agent X and Babon were soon killed when the Flower of Heaven endowed the Rangers with the magical power of its Blizzard of Light needed to destroy the duo with the Fantastic Strike Out.
- Petit Eriko (10) was a cactus given to Makito by Eriko. The Hades Beast Specter possessed it to become a giant cactus monster. Fortunately Magi king was able to exorcise Specter from Petit Eriko and destroy it, restoring the cactus to normal.
- Hades Machine Golem (冥機ゴーレム Meiki Gōremu?, 31): A ancient "Machine Hades Beast" in the Infershia Marudeyouna world. Golem is activated when Meemy uses Bullrates, whose 300 year old soul is needed to complete the ritual, it managed to enter the real world despite Travelion's interference. Luckily, the Magirangers use MagiLegend to destroy Golem.
- Hades Fungal Beast Mold (冥菌獣モールド Meikinjū Mōrudo?, 32): A murderous fungus that grows in the depths of Infershia and feeds in its own kind, Mold releases deadly green mold spores that would infect a host and would kill them when it opens its single eye by absorbing its blood. Memmy uses a forbidden spell to create Mold and gives it to Vancuria, with Hikaru revealing that destroying Mold is the only way to save those it infects after Makito is infected. Though the Magirangers use their Legend forms to destroy Mold, Memmy summoned a powered up red High Mold (ハイモールド Hai Mōrudo?, 32) that infected Magi Legend. Luckily, Wolzard manages to destroy High Mold while his contact with it causes him to eventually regain his memories as Bragel.
- Chimera (キマイラ Kimaira?, 33-34): A Hades Beastman that Memmy creates by using the stolen energies of Travelion in a forbidden spells that merges the spirits of the fallen Hades Beasts and Beastmen that were still sealed away by Blagel within Infershia's Lost Graveyard of Hatred into one entity. Meemy stated that the monster had a thousand abilities and a thousand eyes and referred to it as the most powerful Hades Beastman, possessing their undying malice and thus had an obsession with fighting and killing. Chimera had three talking faces, and they are its main face (which also had a small vampire bat-like face on top of it, a chameleon/mermaid-like face, and a bull face. Chimera also has Troll's left arm with claws on its fingers, Peewee's feathers, Cockatorice's feet, a lobster-like face on its neck, a lion-like face on its chest and an eastern dragon head for a right arm. After easily defeating Hikaru and Lunagel in the Lost Graveyard, the Chimera helped Wolzard to capture the rangers and later witnessed the revelation of Wolzard's true identity as Blagel. Meemy sicked the Chimera after the Rangers escaped to the surface realm, with the monster finally slain by SaintKaiser.
Mahou Sentai Magiranger had a host of several (sometimes unnamed) monsters and creatures that were mainly used as a means by the primary villains or the Hades Beasts and Beastmen. These include the following:
- Blob (16): In Stage 16, Branken call in a bizarre purple inhumanoid Blob to devour the Nightmare sisters as punishment for failing to capturing Lunagel. Just as it was about to swallow them both, Wolzard appeared, driving the Hades Beast away as he landed on it.
- Centipedes (19, 26, 33): The centipedes were conjured through the use of magic by Meemy as more of an attack rather than to summon a creature. They were used against the Magirangers in Stage 25 and in Stage 33 they wrapped around the Ozu siblings' wrists and ankles and materialized into chains. Also when Meemy was first revived, when Nai and Mea displeased him when they said he was to serve them, he turned them into centipedes with their own faces, but willingly turned them back when they agreed to cooperate with him. Nai also turned Mea into a centipede when the Nightmare sisters first received the Wolza Phones from Meemy.
- Giant Companion (22): A giant, fire-breathing frog conjured by Kirikage's Ninpou to attack Urara and Tsubasa. Although the creature frightened Urara a bit, it was easily defeated by her and Tsubasa once they transformed.
- Hades Snakes (39-40): The Hades Snakes were summoned during Hades Goddess Gorgon's Divine Punishment. She conjured the snakes to appear all over the world and to burrow into the ground and to bite any living creature on the surface world. After that, Gorgon would activate the magic of her mirror-shield to cause all who have been bitten to be turned to stone. One of the victims was Smoky. Fortunately, when Hikaru sucked up Gorgon's shield with Travelion's Destruction Fire, all of the snakes were destroyed.
- Hades Frogs (43-44): These are the Hades God Toad's "children". During his Divine Punishment, Toad summoned a huge cloud containing Hades Frog eggs, which would then hatch and cover the earth in these frogs (similar to the Biblical Plague of Frogs). Hikaru and Smoky attempted to suck up all of the Hades Frog eggs using Travelion's Destruction Fire, but since there were so many, Travelion lost a great deal of energy and did not have the power to fight against Toad himself. Just as the Hades Frog eggs hatched and the frogs began to fall from the sky, Myuki used her magic to freeze and shatter all of the descending Hades Frogs.