6 November 1977
Adamstown, County Wexford, Ireland
Pádraic Delaney (born 6 November 1977) is an Irish actor best known for playing Teddy O'Donovan in the Ken Loach film The Wind That Shakes the Barley, for which he earned an IFTA nomination as well as being named Irish Shooting Star for the 2007 Berlin Film Festival. He is also well known for his role as English aristocrat Lord George Boleyn, brother-in-law of King Henry VIII of England in Showtime's The Tudors.
Delaney was born to parents Sheelagh and Michael Delaney. He has three older brothers Philip, Conor and Emmett, and two younger sisters Tracey and Gemma. He attended Colaiste Abbain Secondary School in Adamstown, County Wexford. He originally studied engineering before dropping out after four months. He later went on to study at the Beckett Centre in Trinity College, Dublin and graduated with a BA in Drama & Theatre Studies in 2001.
Delaney currently lives in Dublin, Ireland.
He first started acting in theatre, performing in Hamlet, The Madman and the Nun, A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Hollow in the Sand. Delaney soon added screen acting to his resume, starring in the 2003 short film An Cuainín, and in 2005 appearing in the Irish television series Pure Mule and The Clinic. He went on to play the lead in the RTÉ series Legend.
It was in 2006 that he first appeared before international audiences as Irish revolutionary Teddy O'Donovan in Ken Loach's The Wind That Shakes the Barley, opposite Cillian Murphy. The film won the Palme D'Or at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival, and Delaney was nominated for two 2007 Irish Film and Television Awards: Best Actor in a Supporting Role and Breakthrough Talent. Delaney was also honored as the Irish Shooting Star for 2007 by the Berlin International Film Festival.
In 2010 he filmed the role of Sundance in the western Blackthorn alongside Sam Shepard, Eduardo Noriega, Stephen Rea and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
- An Cuainín (2003) ... as Duncan
- Pure Mule (2005, TV series) ... as Maurice (two episodes)
- The Clinic (2005, TV series) .... as Andrew McLoughlin (one episode)
- The Wind That Shakes the Barley (2006) ... as Teddy O'Donovan
- Legend (2006, TV series) ... as Fred 'Fridge' Gogan
- A Lonely Sky (2006) ... as Stan Curtis
- The Tudors (2007–2008, TV series) ... as George Boleyn
- Eden (2007) ... as Eoghan
- Single Handed (2008, TV series) ... as Michael Casey
- Perrier's Bounty (2009) ... as Shamie
- Raw (2011, TV series) ... as Ray
- Dark Touch (2014)