|Top elevation||1681 m|
|Base elevation||1302 m|
|Skiable area||0.56 km²|
|Longest run||1.5 km (combined)|
|Lift system||1 chair lift, 1 surface lift|
|Web site||Paltinis Resort|
It is situated at 1440 m altitude, being the highest resort in Romania. It lies in a conifer forest. It is a popular winter destination and in summer it is sought for its peacefulness. There is always snow and skiing lessons for its fresh air and for the easily accessible trekking routes.
It was founded by an association – Siebenbuergischer Karpatenverein (S.K.V.) – in 1894 and three villas from that period still exist. Currently there are 4 hotels, 6 chalets and 17 villas and an increasing number of private holiday houses.
Formally, it is a village administered by the city of Sibiu, although it lies on territory that is not contiguous with the city itself.
- Photo Gallery Paltinis in the Summer
- Pictures and landscapes from the Carpathian Mountains
- City of Sibiu – Păltiniş Resort town
- Paltinis Photo Gallery – Pictures of the Păltiniş resort in winter
- Păltiniș travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This Sibiu County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|