P. K. Kunhalikutty
|Minister of Industries and IT,Urban development.|
|Born||6 January 1951|
|Spouse(s)||Smt. K. M. Kulsu|
|Children||One son and one daughter|
On several occasions Kunhalikutty served as minister in the Kerala Legislative Assembly. He served as the Minister for "Industries" during 1991-1995 in the ministry headed by K. Karunakaran and later as the Minister for "Industries and Social Welfare" during 2001-2004 in the ministry headed by A. K. Antony.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (September 2012)|
P.K. Kunhalikutty, was born on 6 January 1951 at Oorakam in Malappuram District, as the son of Pandikkadavath Mohammed Haji and K.P. Fathima Kutty. A graduate in Commerce (B.Com.), he is also a P.G. diploma holder in Business Management.
Entering politics through the MSF, he later became its State Treasurer. Kunhalikutty subsequently served as Chairman, Malappuram Municipality in 1980 and has had a remarkable stint also as Secretary of Kerala State Muslim League .
Kunhalikutty became elected to KLA five times, in 1982 and 1987, contesting from Malappuram constituency, and in 1991, 1996 and 2001, from Kuttippuram constituency . He served as Minister for Industries and Social Welfare from 1991 to 1995 in the Karunakaran Ministry, Minister for Industries and Municipalities from 1995 to 1996, and Minister for Industries, IT and Social Welfare from 2001 to 2004, in the A.K. Antony Ministry and Minister for Industries, IT & Social Welfare, from 31 August 2004 to 4 January 2005 in the Oommen Chandy Ministry.
At present he is Treasurer of National Committee of Indian Union Muslim League,and he is also the leader of the Muslim League Legislature party of Kerala. He is also serving presently as Director, Chandrika Daily and Director, Muhammed Koya International Foundation.
Married to K.M. Kulsu, they have one son and one daughter.
- http://www.kerala.gov.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3887&Itemid=3069. Missing or empty
- "Chandy, Kunhalikutty hail rail budget". The Hindu. 4 July 2009. Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- "COUNCIL OF MINISTERS SINCE 1957 - Ninth KLA". Kerala Legislative Assembly. Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- "COUNCIL OF MINISTERS SINCE 1957 - Eleventh KLA". Kerala Legislative Assembly. Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- "MEMBERS OF PREVIOUS ASSEMBLY - EIGHTH KLA (1987 - 1991)". Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- http://www.niyamasabha.org/codes/13kla/mem/p_k_kunhalikutty.htm. Missing or empty
|This article about a Kerala politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|