P. L. Punia
|P. L. Punia|
January 23, 1945 |
Vill. Salhawas, Distt. Jhajjar, Punjab region (Now Haryana) British India
|Residence||New Delhi,5, New Moti Bagh,New Delhi - 110 021|
|Alma mater||Panjab University, Chandigarh, and Lucknow University, Uttar Pradesh|
|Term||15th Lok Sabha 2009–2014|
|Predecessor||Kamla Prasad Rawat|
|Indian National Congress|
|Children||Two Sons & one daughter|
Panna Lal Punia, usually known as P. L. Punia, is an Indian politician and member of the Lok Sabha representing Barabanki (Lok Sabha constituency). He is a Dalit leader of the Indian National Congress party. He is also Chairperson of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and as such sits ex officio on the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
He was born on 23 January 1945 to Bharat Singh and Dakhan Devi in the Jhajjar district of the Punjab region (now Haryana), British India. He took an M.A. from Panjab University, Chandigarh and a PhD from Lucknow University, Uttar Pradesh. In 1970 he joined the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), becoming District Magistrate in Aligarh during 1982–85.
- Detailed Profile – Shri P. L. Punia. India.gov.in (1974-01-16). Retrieved on 2013-01-08.
- Statue Or Pedestal?. www.outlookindia.com (2012-08-20). Retrieved on 2013-01-08.
- PL Punia appointed NCSC Chairman. iGovernment.in. Retrieved on 2013-01-08.
- National Commissions – Associated Organisations: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. Socialjustice.nic.in. Retrieved on 2013-01-08.
- Stung by defeat, Mayawati to revert to Dalit agenda. Deccanherald.com. Retrieved on 2013-01-08.
- Rina » Yellow Journalism Is A Shameful Point For The Community. Rina.in (2011-06-13). Retrieved on 2013-01-08.
|This article about an Indian National Congress politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|