P. S. Vinod
|P S Vinod|
|Born||Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Occupation||Cinematographer & Director|
P. S. Vinod is an Indian cinematographer from Chennai. He debuted as an independent cinematographer with the 2000 Tamil film Rhythm and went to work for several Bollywood projects, including Musafir, Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat and Tees Maar Khan.
He did the majority of the apex commercials in India. He graduated from the Film and Television Institute of Tamil Nadu, now called the MGR Film Institute. After he graduated from the institute, he assisted veteran cinematographer Santosh Sivan. He was then signed by director Vasanth for two of his successive Tamil films, Rhythm and Appu. Subsequently, he did a few well known films in Bollywood. His second Hindi film Musafir got him a Zee Film Awards nomination. His work in Striker (2010) was praised by critics.
He was chosen by choreographer-turned-director Farah Khan to film her third directorial Tees Maar Khan. Vinod's work in the film was lauded by critics, with the film being selected by Rediff as one of the most good looking Bollywood films of 2010. He has worked on two Tamil films, the gangster film Aaranya Kaandam that won The Grand Jury Award for Best Film at South Asian International Film Festival, and the romantic comedy Kadhal 2 Kalyanam. He won the Vijay Award for Best Cinematographer for the former. The latter that marks actor Arya's brother Sathya's debut has been severely delayed and slated to release in 2012.
- Rhythm (2000; Tamil)
- Appu (2000; Tamil)
- Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat (2001; Hindi)
- Musafir (2004; Hindi)
- Neal 'n' Nikki (2005; Hindi)
- My Wife's Murder (2007; Hindi)
- What If... (2009) (V)
- Striker (2010; Hindi)
- Rakta Charitra (2010; Telugu)
- Tees Maar Khan (2010; Hindi)
- Aaranya Kaandam (2011; Tamil)
- Kadhal 2 Kalyanam (2011; Tamil)
- Panjaa (2011; Telugu)
- David (2013; Tamil)
- David (2013; Hindi)
- Bullett Raja (2013; Hindi)
- Manam (2014; Telugu)
- "Rhythm within the dark". The Times of India. 2011-01-20. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Zee Cine Awards - Technical Nominations/Winners for the year 2005". Bollyvista.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Review: Striker is Siddharth's game - Rediff.com Movies". Movies.rediff.com. 2010-02-05. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "The Most Good Looking Movies of 2010 - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2010-12-23. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Thiagarajan Kumararaja – the promising debutant director". Kolly Talk. Retrieved 2011-03-12.