The Sega Portal
Sega Corporation (株式会社セガ Kabushiki gaisha Sega), pronounced sæ'ɡə (US/Canada/UK) or si'ɡə (Australia/New Zealand) usually styled as SEGA, is a multinational video game software developer and an arcade software and hardware development company headquartered in Ōta, Tokyo, Japan, with various offices around the world. Sega previously developed and manufactured its own brand of home video game consoles from 1983 to 2001, but a restructure was announced on January 31, 2001 that ceased continued production of its existing home console, effectively exiting the company from the home console business. While arcade development would continue unchanged, the restructure shifted the focus of the company's home video game software development to consoles developed by various third-party manufacturers.
Sega's head offices, as well as the main office of its domestic division, Sega Corporation (Spartata), are located in Ōta, Tokyo, Japan. Sega's European division, Sega Europe Ltd., is headquartered in the Brentford area of London in the United Kingdom. Sega's North American division, Sega of America Inc., is headquartered in San Francisco; having moved there from Redwood City, California in 1999. Sega Australia is headquartered in Sydney, and Sega Publishing Korea is headquartered in Jongno, Seoul, Korea.
Yakuza (龍が如く Ryū ga Gotoku, lit. "Like a Dragon") is an action-adventure video game franchise created by Amusement Vision and owned and published by Sega.
The series has sold at least 3.2 million copies as of March 2009. Strong sales of the games in its original Japanese market has led to the franchise's expansion to other mediums, including film adaptations.
- The Quartermasters (70's)
- The Arcade Experts. (early 80's)
- The challenge will always be there. (c. 1987, Master System)
- Now, there are no limits. (c. 1986-1987, Master System)
- Welcome To The Next Level. (c. 1992-1994, Genesis, Sega CD, Game Gear)
- Genesis does what Nintendon't. (c. 1989-1991, Genesis)
- The "SEGA!!! scream". (c. 1992-1997, Genesis, Saturn, probably others)
- Do me a favour, plug me into a Sega (talking TV).
- To be this good takes AGES, To be this good takes SEGA.
- Segata Sanshiro (c. 1997-1998, Saturn, Japan)
- Hot hits today! Hot hits on the way! (c. 1988, Master System)
- Major fun and games! (c. 1988-1989, Master System)
- Sega, c'est plus fort que toi ! ('Sega, it's stronger than you!', cult French TV slogan, early 90's)
- It's Thinking. (promotion for Dreamcast)
- Up to 6 billion players. (Early Dreamcast tagline)
WikiProjects and Task Forces
Please help expand this portal
If you can help expand this portal, feel free to do so! We need people to:
- Create new articles
- Edit existing articles
The following Wikimedia
sister projects provide more on this subject: