PAF Base Minhas
|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Operator||Pakistan Air Force|
|Elevation AMSL||1,023 ft / 312 m|
Minhas Airbase or Kamra Airbase is a PAF Airbase located at Kamra, Attock District, Punjab, Pakistan. It was named in the honour of Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas, who was awarded the Nishan-e-Haider for valor in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
On 10 December 2007 a school bus carrying children during the morning rush was attacked by a suicide bomber, injuring seven. It was a PAF employees bus and the attack took place near the Fauji gate outside the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex in Kamra on the Attock-Kamra road.
On 18 January 2008, terrorists fired four rockets at short intervals. One landed on the roof of senior NCO's mess, and two inside the Mirage Rebuild Factory in the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, although no casualties were reported.
On 16 August 2012, nine Tehrik-e-Taliban militants assaulted PAF Base Minhas at about 2 a.m. After a pitched battle, all nine attackers were killed while two Pakistani security officials also died. The base commander, Air Commodore Muhammad Azam, was reported wounded in the attack as well. The militants also destroyed one Saab 2000 Erieye plane  and damaged one  or two others.
- Active Bases PAF Official website. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- Malik, Yaqoob (11 December 2007). "Suicide bombing hits children’s bus: 7 injured". Dawn. Retrieved 19 January 2008.
- Malik, Yaqoob. "Rockets fired on air force complex in Kamra". Dawn. Retrieved 19 January 2008.
- "Kamra base attack: Soldier succumbs to injuries, takes death toll to 2". The Express Tribune. 17 August 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Taliban attacks major Pakistani air base, 10 dead". The Christian Science Monitor. 16 August 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Tax-payers kept in the dark about loss of plane worth $250m". The News International. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- Ansari, Usman (1 April 2014). "Pakistani Air Force Wary of Terrorist Threat to Airbases". Defense News. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Aerial Eyes: Pakistan’s New AWACS Fleets". defenseindustrydaily.com. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Airport information for Minhas Airbase at World Aero Data
|This article about the military of Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Pakistani airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|