|Designer||C. Klok (exterior design)|
|First flight||March 2012|
The PAL-V in flight is an autogyro or gyrocopter, with a foldable pusher propeller providing forward thrust and a free-spinning rotor providing lift. Directional stability is provided by twin boom-mounted tailfins.
It has a tricycle undercarriage with relatively large wheels.
On the ground, the propeller and rotor are stopped and power is diverted to the wheels, allowing it to travel as a three-wheeled car. Unusually, it leans into turns like a motorcycle, a solution pioneered by the Carver vehicle, also produced by a Dutch company. However, the PAL-V does not tilt as a Carver but like the BMW "Simple Concept" from 2009
A prototype model has been test flown in 2012. The company are seeking funds to develop the type for production. Estimated unit price in 2012 was around $300,000.
In May 2014 the manufacturer announced the flying car will be taken in production, with a limited first production run of 45 units at 500,000 euro each, with orders being taken from later that year, and first deliveries in 2016.
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 2
- Length: 13 ft 1 in (4 m) with rotor folded
- Width: 5 ft 3 in (1.6 m) with rotor folded
- Height: 5 ft 3 in (1.6 m) with rotor folded
- Empty weight: 1,499 lb (680 kg)
- Gross weight: 2,006 lb (910 kg)
- Propellers: 2-bladed
- Maximum speed: 97 kn (112 mph; 180 km/h)
- Stall speed: 27 kn (31 mph; 50 km/h)
- Never exceed speed: 97 kn (112 mph; 180 km/h)- Range: 220-315 mile range inflight, 750mile range on land.
- PAL-V website
- "PAL-V One: Future Fantasy Trike" Future Cars. 15 May 2010 (outdated specs). Quote: "PAL-V One incorporates the Dynamic Vehicle Control (DVC™) technology pioneered in the 3-wheeled Carver One"
- "Dutchmen invent plausible flying car" TopGear, 3 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012. Quote: "PAL-V features the same Dynamic Vehicle Control system used on the Carver ONE"
- BMW video
-  From PAL-V technical brochure
- Quick, Darren. "PAL-V flying car makes successful first test flight" GizMag, 2 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "Notable Roadable". Sport Aviation: 16. May 2012.
- "Will sales of flying car take off?" BBC News, 2 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
-  An embedded video of the PAL-V in ground and air operation
- Flying car makes maiden voyage (57 pictures) Washington Post, 3 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "Vliegende auto Pal-V One uit Raamsdonksveer in productie, te koop voor 500.000 euro" [Flying car Pal-V One from Raamsdonksveer in production, for sale at 500,000 euro] (in Dutch). Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Pal-V One Target Specifications". Retrieved 4 April 2012.